PDA

View Full Version : average price for a used car trailer

Redlyne_mr2
08-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Anyone here have one..if looking to get a used dual axel open air car trailer used...what can I expect to pay:dunno:

5.9 R/T
08-15-2002, 04:49 PM
Why do you need a dual axle? You really only need one for the mr2 if that's what it's for. Dual axles are harder to turn and obviously heavier. Don't know what prices are for em tho, you could always buy a wreaked RV trailer, strip the RV part of it off, build a floor, a voila you have a car trailer for cheap.

Redlyne_mr2
08-15-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Why do you need a dual axle? You really only need one for the mr2 if that's what it's for. Dual axles are harder to turn and obviously heavier. Don't know what prices are for em tho, you could always buy a wreaked RV trailer, strip the RV part of it off, build a floor, a voila you have a car trailer for cheap.
thats a really good idea..although I know nothing about takign apart an rv, for the floor would I just use that heavy thick ass wood? The only car trailers I have ever seen are dual axel so I assumed that is what is necessary. If you dont think I need one then I wont be going with one...ill look into to that rv conversion..:thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
08-15-2002, 05:20 PM
Ya just use some treated 2x6's or whatever works. To get take it apart torch it, thats what we did! (just make sure it's in the middle of butt fuck nowhere) :thumbsup: