PDA

View Full Version : Why are people still street racing?

ICEBERG
10-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey guy's. I just moved from Country Hills drive N.W. There was lot of street racing going on Down there on Saturdays at like 1:00 am. And this was just last month. Kids with Acura's,Hondas, Mustangs ect.. They use to fly by the house going like at least 120kmh.

Now i live in Panaroma Hills behind silver city and guess what. More Street Racing. I was coming home with my wife on Saturday night and stopped at Wendy's by Silver City Country hills to pick up some stuff. When i got in the parking lot there was lot of people with fancy cars gathered there.

I wont say the car's but there was a $100,000 car and a $250,000 car at that parking lot that night among others.

So i got home at around 11:00 pm. And before you know it i hear tire's burning and racing going on by Silver City.

Now my concern is, why are you guy's in residental areas doing this stupid thing? I have an Wife who is 3 months pregnant and i drive on these streets going home. So please if any of you guy's are here in this forum please take the street racing out of the Residential streets, Please before some one get's hurt.

Thanks...

syeve
10-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Please before some one get's hurt.

Thanks...

its not a matter of if...its when :confused:

Weapon_R
10-06-2003, 11:22 PM
I think that the majority of people on the forum are strictly against street racing.

The policy of the site is clear on street racing. beyond.ca does not endorse, support, or participate in these events. We have done a fair share in raising awareness against these illegal activities and will continue to do so in the future.

This is not to say that it will stop street racing entirely, however, and there are always going to be immature teenagers who will engage. Hopefully, the effort on behalf of the Calgary Police Services and media venues such as this site will help raise awareness and frown upon activities such as these, especially in residential areas where the event of a mishap increases.

Khyron
10-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Dont res racers get complaints lodged almost immediately? I know if it was outside my house I'd probably call the cops. That's what industrial areas are for!

Khyron

Hakkola
10-06-2003, 11:35 PM
It's not just teenagers street racing...

I agree though, stupid ass punk kid (I know who he is though) in a 300E and an ITR passed me in a one lane on palliser dr in the school zone on Saturday night, I was ready to break his face. It was almost an hour after sunset but even if it wasn't a school zone I'd still be pissed. Never gonna stop people from street racing, honestly I've done my fair share, but never in a residential area, just stupid. Stupid kids ripped down pumphill dr too. Next time I bust a cap.

RSeXy
10-06-2003, 11:35 PM
Sadly, it takes a death among them to realize its not in their best interest...and even then, for some, they'll never learn.

I hear them racing late at nite too.

Dave P
10-06-2003, 11:37 PM
I race cause im 2 Fast 2 Furious

Superesc
10-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Lets hope we can avoid this ... as much as possible:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25055

Skyline_Addict
10-06-2003, 11:40 PM
i think most people who are serious about racing (hence, most of the enlightened and educated people in this forum :D) take their car to the track. but yes, alot of racing does go on at country hills blvd.

Boostn
10-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately street racing will happen no matter what anyone says or does. It happens all the time by my place also. Someday someone's going to get hurt and learn their lesson too late.

403Gemini
10-06-2003, 11:45 PM
shit i never go above 60 on a residential. i know speed limit is 50 but im saying top speed. and school zones and playgrounds, NO EXCEPTION For speeding. EVER. i dont give a shit if somebody shooting at me... well maybe then but i make sure its clear ;) and i only speed when i feel confident. if i EVER second guess my speed i know im going to fast and slow my ass down.

Agree if your gonna race or test out your cars speed do it at race city or if anything like khyron said: industrial area at nite when nobody is there.

4wheeldrift
10-07-2003, 06:57 AM
I doubt they'll be out there long, they're obviously pissing a least one person off already. Once the cops start swinging through there several times a night they'll find somewhere else to go. I don't know why anyone would want to race so close to a residential area, you're just asking to get arrested doing that. Idiot street racers can't even figure that out :guns:

Mr.Touchdown
10-07-2003, 08:44 AM
that goes for construction zones to, i saw at least 11 people get picked off by crowchild and 50th where they are doing that new bridge and man people can be soooo dumb.

rice_eater
10-07-2003, 12:28 PM
has street racing EVER stopped? NO... street racing has always happened and chances are it will continue to happen. Our parents and grandparents did it, we are doing it, our kids are probably gonna do it too. So who are we bullshiting here? There is no way that everyone on beyond doesn't street race. People condone it and shit and say how bad it is but pretty much everyone does it. Hopefully not at the "semi-organized street racing spots", but we still race ocasionally from stop lights. I hear those fags on country hills every night, but i also see once in a while cops patiently waiting by the 7-11 in west citadel, either during the day with radar, or at night for racing. So slowly but surely some of those guys will get caught and charged, and our insurance will go up even more coz we are ALL a risk

rice_eater
10-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
I doubt they'll be out there long, they're obviously pissing a least one person off already. Once the cops start swinging through there several times a night they'll find somewhere else to go. I don't know why anyone would want to race so close to a residential area, you're just asking to get arrested doing that. Idiot street racers can't even figure that out :guns:

well when you're 16 and just started driving and think you're the king of the world, while at the same time trying to get laid for the first time, you dont think straight :nut:

B17a
10-07-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG

I wont say the car's but there was a $100,000 car and a $250,000 car at that parking lot that night among others.

Pretty lame if you ask me. Someone who has just bought a $250,000 penis extension having to hang out with 16 and 17yr old wannabe street racers. Pretty lame Millhouse, pretty lame.

hjr
10-07-2003, 12:40 PM
w'll strt rcn' is supa dope. Rght dooooogggggs. Wikkkity wak to all y'll htrs. whn i race in my uba styleeed civc -custm bdy kt, custm intak, custm paint, custm whls, custm exhst, custm factory turbo rotary- i jst gotsta lay it dwn y'll know. y'll know. I luv da need fo speed!!!!!! crizakas represent! whn i get outa hgh skool im gonna upgrde to an integra yo. iz gonna be MAD bling...

redec
10-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
...but pretty much everyone does it.

:bullshit:

import_azn
10-07-2003, 12:48 PM
with all these ticket prices why would u street race?

buh_buh
10-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by import_azn
with all these ticket prices why would u street race? I think regardless of ticket prices it would be kinda dumb to street race.

Mike1109
10-07-2003, 01:17 PM
has street racing EVER stopped? NO... street racing has always happened and chances are it will continue to happen. Our parents and grandparents did it, we are doing it, our kids are probably gonna do it too. So who are we bullshiting here? There is no way that everyone on beyond doesn't street race. People condone it and shit and say how bad it is but pretty much everyone does it. Hopefully not at the "semi-organized street racing spots", but we still race ocasionally from stop lights. I hear those fags on country hills every night, but i also see once in a while cops patiently waiting by the 7-11 in west citadel, either during the day with radar, or at night for racing. So slowly but surely some of those guys will get caught and charged, and our insurance will go up even more coz we are ALL a risk

Rice_eater is 100% right. Streetracing has always occured everywhere good cars can be sold. No matter what cops do people always find ways to StreetRace. Their are plently of influences on this too in movies like The Fast And The Furious 1 & 2 and Gone In 60 Seconds. Even though in the beginning they state this is done by professionals and should not be attempted or re-created under any circumstance, people still feel the need to race after watching these movies. Hey I'll admit I felt like hopping in a car and speeding down a highway after 2 Fast 2 Furious but you've gotta take the responsibility to not give into this need. If you like to race, there's nothing wrong with it but try to keep it on the track. However, streetracing will always occur no matter what the police do. We just have to deal with it and pray that it gets cut down.

403Gemini
10-07-2003, 01:38 PM
thing is sure ill race a buddy at a set of lights or something, but its good shit. we're not gonna push our cars past redline or anything cause we dont have the coin to repair the cars n we really dont care that much, but we all agree that if we ever feel like we hafta 2nd guess our speed then its much to fast and we all slow down.

and NEVER in residential. thats retarded. if you dont understand that, do you even care about your family and friends? could you imagine them gettin hit by a "racer" who took a corner without lookin right after you defended street racing?

thats wut i thought

redec
10-07-2003, 01:41 PM
that's just fucking retarded. I hate this "there's nothing we can do about it, so why even try" attitude. Many countries do not have a street racing problem...perhaps we have the problem because our driving laws are too relaxed - anyone and their dog can get a license here...that may be the problem, I don't know. At any rate street racing IS a problem, and it CAN be solved. Hopefully it won't have to get to the point where the police have to solve it by revoking licenses and taking cars.

Danger_Mouse
10-07-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Dont res racers get complaints lodged almost immediately? I know if it was outside my house I'd probably call the cops. That's what industrial areas are for!

Khyron

Isnt that where there held? Down at the industrial park?

I've heard about it many times...

tommy1223
10-07-2003, 06:01 PM
THE DUMBEST THING IS THAT THEY WERE RACING ON RESIDENTUAL STREETS NOT INDUSTUSTRIAL STREETS WHERE THERE ARE NO ONE ON THE ROAD AT NIGHT.

4wheeldrift
10-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Danger_Mouse

Isnt that where there held? Down at the industrial park?

I've heard about it many times... Read the first post over. They were racing near silver city in country hills, pretty much on the far side of town from where the other popular locale is.

Skyline_Addict
10-07-2003, 07:45 PM

well when you're 16 and just started driving and think you're the king of the world, while at the same time trying to get laid for the first time, you dont think straight :nut:

correct, 16 year old kids who get their license are all gung-ho about it and think they are brian o'connor in an evo8. hence, the new laws kicking in, etc etc.
No car out there is not potentially dangerous, so it's really a question on attitude and how these attitudes can be shifted in a new direction.
New laws and more strict controls can be set out, but there is no way to ensure 100% of anything.
There's always someone doing something out there, legal or not, safe or dangerous, smart or stupid.