PDA

View Full Version : Scrap car removal - Free?

SkittleFreak
01-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Any companies that will pick up a scrap car free? It has nothing on it just a shell.
I've called and they all charge.

alloroc
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
someone just asked the same question (or almost0 last week.

the answer ..

kidney foundation.

SkittleFreak
01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
i called and they don't take shells.

sr20s14zenki
01-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Most places wont take it for scrap because its a shell and therefore not worth their time, because the scrapyard is based on weight. If you can find somebody with a flatdeck, take it to navajo yourself. Make sure to punch holes in the fuel tank and remove anything taht isnt metal

chkolny541
01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
i dont think anyone takes shells anymore, i dont beleive that scrap metal is worth any money any more, so i dont think a company would haul it away free.

my recomendation is to hack it up into small peices and throw in a pick up truck. then just dump it in some river or body of water, glenmore resevoir is where i dump all my crap.
:dunno:

Kloubek
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I can just see him using a hacksaw to do it exactly that....

http://www.angelfire.com/super/1950bulletnose/Hacksaw1.jpg

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
i dont think anyone takes shells anymore, i dont beleive that scrap metal is worth any money any more, so i dont think a company would haul it away free.

my recomendation is to hack it up into small peices and throw in a pick up truck. then just dump it in some river or body of water, glenmore resevoir is where i dump all my crap.
:dunno:

Bad taste sir.. Bad taste

Cooked Rice
01-30-2009, 01:06 AM
lol. wtf. that's almost as bad as pouring used motor oil down the sewer.

88jbody
01-30-2009, 09:40 AM
At navajo you only need to have the fuel tank removed and battery out. you'll get about $20 for scrap there, same with calgary metals, but they will not pick it up.

AndyL
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Chopping is FUN :)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/cgyreefer/for%20sale/DSCF6947.jpg

Yeah, without a drivetrain, you're not getting it hauled for free - or cheap for that matter... Just hack it up and fill up a metal bin at work...

Only took 6 blades and 4ish hours to cut up the 4runner...

Zero102
04-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Bumping an old thread to see if anything has changed in this department. I have a rusty old shell with no motor/trans or suspension that I need hauled away and the cheapest I have found is $50. Has anybody had it done for less than that?

FraserB
04-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Abbeydale towing.

Had a scrap car in my garage on jack stands. They can with a flat deck and took it out without scraping the concrete, wrecking the jackstands, or hitting the garage.

All for free.

Zero102
04-26-2011, 10:39 AM
They sound like a really good place. I picked the shell up and put it on some logs so you can literally roll it out of the garage and it is ~10" off the ground so they could put the end of a flat deck under the nose and winch it right out of my garage without damaging anything. I'll try calling them a bit later today when I have a few free minutes. Thanks for the tip :)

*EDIT*
I just googled them and am coming back with a couple different results. Just for clarity's sake could you PM me their contact information? I want to make sure I am calling the right people.

Zero102
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
I found a guy on Kijiji who took it away for free. His name is Darcy and he advertises scrap car removal. He had no problem coming all the way up to Royal Oak to pick the shell up (he comes in from out of town) and even recommended a good place for me to take the catalytic converter to get top dollar for it, super helpful guy :thumbsup:

Thaco
05-02-2011, 11:47 AM
in the future shoot a PM to Racerjim, he does this occasionally when he's got time