PDA

View Full Version : I Got Questions About Lowering

dustin7077
01-29-2009, 10:59 PM
So anyways i wanna lower my 2004 honda civic seadon just enough to loss some of that wheel well gap but i want it done right i want it even all the way around but also still have a great ride since it is my only car and everyday driver so if you can recommand places or brands etc. Please help me out

mo_money2supe
01-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Here we go again...

First off, give us a budget to work with. Prices can range from $250 and up assuming you want new and just springs (ie. no shocks). How much of a drop are you looking for? Are you willing to sacrifice some comfort for handling?

As for the suspension itself, if you want it to be a perfectly even drop, you could pick up a set of coilovers (either the full set or just the sleeves w. new shocks). However, coilovers tend to offer a stiffer ride than that of progressive rate springs. If you want the "cushier" ride, then go for the aforementioned progressive rate lowering springs that offer a larger drop in the front than that of the rear to balance your car's stance out (ie. H&R, Neuspeed, I believe Eibach also). If the drop isn't going to be substantial, you may even be able to use your stock shocks (assuming you're going with the springs).