PDA

View Full Version : Trader Ratings

kenny
10-07-2003, 01:03 AM
Beyond.ca has implemented a Trader Rating system for the marketplace section of the forums due to requests we have received. This post is an introduction of the system, please be aware of it and how to use the feedback system both as a buyer and as a seller.

About Feedback
Every forum member has a feedback rating which is displayed as a rating number in parentheses. If you click on the number a window pops up displaying comments from other members they've bought from, sold to, or traded with. Inside this window, if there is one, you can click on the comment itself to view the URL of the marketplace post that is being rated.

For example: Bob (12) means that the forum member with the user name Bob has received positive feedback from at least 12 other forum members.

How it works
The feedback rating system is easy. You receive:
+1 point for each positive comment
0 points for each neutral comment
-1 point for each negative comment

When to check it
Before you negotiate on an item in the marketplace, you can check the seller's feedback rating by clicking on the number next to the "Trader Rating", or from their profile page. Sellers may also want to view the feedback profiles of potential buyers to see how reliable they've been in the past.

How to leave it
After you make a sale, purchase, or trade, remember to leave feedback for the forum member you bought from or sold to via their profile page. This helps everyone in the community know what it's like to deal with that member. Feedback can be left by clicking on the profile button under each users post.

Notes:
Feedback cannot be erased. The feedback you give is permanent, so be sure to make only fair and factual comments. Giving false or innacurate information will more than likely get you banned from the forum. If somehow you did leave incorrect feedback, please contact a forum Administator.

This system was implemented to provide buyers and sellers with some additional information to work with. Beyond.ca cannot guarantee the accuracy of the rating system and is provided as informational purposes only. Users tampering with, or abusing the system in any way will be banned. If you see any suspicious ratings, please contact one of the administrators.

If you have any questions about this feedback system, feel free to ask in this thread or PM me. If there are any problems with the system, please let me know as well.

Canadian 2.5RS
10-07-2003, 09:38 AM
A few questions:

Does this also work with beyond vendors ?
What if the entire transaction went via email or PM, there will be no URL to link to.

kenny
10-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
A few questions:

Does this also work with beyond vendors ?
What if the entire transaction went via email or PM, there will be no URL to link to.

The trader rating is for items sold or purchased on beyond.ca. If you had a transaction that did not originate from a for sale post on beyond.ca then it does not belong in the trader rating system.

Just like if I sold something here on beyond, my ebay rating would not go up, even if i sold it to some guy that also has an ebay account :) haha hope that makes sense.

hjr
10-07-2003, 02:47 PM
my question is - considering its permanent - whats to stop fake ratings or spam ratings, as anybody can give a rating to anyone as much as they want.

Ben
10-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by hjr
my question is - considering its permanent - whats to stop fake ratings or spam ratings, as anybody can give a rating to anyone as much as they want.

A URL is required for every completed transaction, also...if this person has multiple sales from all these "people" who never post in areas other than the marketplace, it would be a hint :)

Canadian 2.5RS
10-07-2003, 04:53 PM
What if i posted a general thread looking for wheels and some of the vendors replied with their current sales via PM and the entire trasnaction went from there?

would it be good to use then?

kenny
10-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
What if i posted a general thread looking for wheels and some of the vendors replied with their current sales via PM and the entire trasnaction went from there?

would it be good to use then?

Yep, then just use that thread and have them rate you. Optionally you may want to have them post in the thread to conclude the deal (as it would let others know you no longer need what you posted about).

Originally posted by hjr

They are permanent as in the person that provided the feedback cannot change the rating, but admins and super moderators can delete them if there is spamming going on.

hjr
10-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Ben

A URL is required for every completed transaction, also...if this person has multiple sales from all these "people" who never post in areas other than the marketplace, it would be a hint :) actually the ULR is not required. i gave a rating out a day ago without the ULR as it was mainly done through PM's

Seanith
10-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Now i gotta wait for those bastards that i gave ratings for to return the favor! :rolleyes: :D .
Is there a way of giving users notification when they have had feedback left for them? That would allow people to get the ratings that they deserve from legitimate deals. Just a thought :)

lammer
10-11-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
Now i gotta wait for those bastards that i gave ratings for to return the favor! :rolleyes: :D .
Is there a way of giving users notification when they have had feedback left for them? That would allow people to get the ratings that they deserve from legitimate deals. Just a thought :)

PM?:dunno: :D