PDA

View Full Version : Gold's Gym Northland - Douche central?!

zipdoa
01-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Has anyone noticed that this gym gets a douchier crowd every week? It seems like Ed Hardy t-shirts and wife beaters are the preferred workout clothing, and that all the frosted tips and 'roid monkeys enjoy coming to this gym. I wouldn't normally give two shits but the gym is getting so busy now and I'm sick of getting stared down by Mr. pencil arms in his white tank top while he waits for me to finish my set. Maybe it's the bullshit music they insist on playing day after day. Does anyone know of a gym in the NW that isn't full of Guidos? I'm looking for something low key, kind of like golds was when I first started going there 3 years ago.

DJ_NAV
01-30-2009, 01:39 PM
^ does that hot egyptian girl still work there?? curly hair.. i think she was in sales.

zipdoa
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV
^ does that hot egyptian girl still work there?? curly hair.. i think she was in sales.

The staff is mostly just a bunch of tubby people who don't give a shit about their jobs.

TheCheff
01-30-2009, 01:42 PM
YMCA Crowfoot is awesome lots of hot girls not to many douches.

zipdoa
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by TheCheff
YMCA Crowfoot is awesome lots of hot girls not to many douches.

What do you pay per month? I pay $50 @ golds and wouldn't wanna pay much more.

prae
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

ymca is about 55-60 for regular membership. Unfortunately you get less gym equipment and more other facilities (like a pool etc) for your $$$

It's just as busy as any other gym this time of year, and there are still some assholes.

prae
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
translation: stay the fuck away from my gym it is busy enough :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Cosworth
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Considering it is across from churchill where i went to school many moons ago, that sure seemed like the start of the guido movement

zipdoa
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
Considering it is across from churchill where i went to school many moons ago, that sure seemed like the start of the guido movement

Agreed, I graduated 06 when suicide bangs and JL hoodies were in full swing.

I LOL @ all the punks who do nothing but bi/tri/chest every day.

maxomilll
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
world heath club in edgmont
not a bad gym mostly an older generation of people, its pretty lowkey.

whiskas
01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Haha I workout there. I go super late though, that's when the extreme bicep curl crew is done for the day. I watched two stereotypical guidos move the fucking preacher curl bench all the way to the cable machines so they can do one handed preacher curls using the cables.

I made the mistake of going later on a Saturday and there were two guidos in the mens change room looking at themselves in the mirror. One guy kept saying "There's no progress bro!", and took like a million pictures with his blackberry. Also the place reeked of Aqua Di Gio.

For someone who does mostly crossfit style workouts it's a great gym because the equipment is rarely used, best of all no one uses the squat cages so there's always one free, they're too busy doing 50 variations of bicep curls ahahahaha

The people working out late at night are awesome, dedicated regulars who are just there to get their workout done and always more than happy to give you a spot.

And oh god the music, my ipod headphones were broken and I couldn't get replacement for a week. I couldn't finish a single workout that week. I swear to god if I hear womanizer or krazy one more time I'll fucking snap.

TheCheff
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

I pay $70/month for the premium membership. The extras for that are lockers with locks provided, steam room, private hottub and towel service. The normal membership is $50

vengie
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Haha I workout there. I go super late though, that's when the extreme bicep curl crew is done for the day. I watched two stereotypical guidos move the fucking preacher curl bench all the way to the cable machines so they can do one handed preacher curls using the cables.

I made the mistake of going later on a Saturday and there were two guidos in the mens change room looking at themselves in the mirror. One guy kept saying "There's no progress bro!", and took like a million pictures with his blackberry. Also the place reeked of Aqua Di Gio.

For someone who does mostly crossfit style workouts it's a great gym because the equipment is rarely used, best of all no one uses the squat cages so there's always one free, they're too busy doing 50 variations of bicep curls ahahahaha

The people working out late at night are awesome, dedicated regulars who are just there to get their workout done and always more than happy to give you a spot.

this, there is a reason i stay away from the gym at mt. royal...
i usually frequent southland leisure center, or NSD (national sports development)

zipdoa
01-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by whiskas

And oh god the music, my ipod headphones were broken and I couldn't get replacement for a week. I couldn't finish a single workout that week. I swear to god if I hear womanizer or krazy one more time I'll fucking snap.

Yea, I saw your neon there one night... I was gonna approach you after I saw the bumper sticker but then thought it would've been a little creepy saying "Hey I recognize your car from your avatar!!!". Late night isn't bad, but unfortunately my work schedule is constantly changing from 6am shifts to 3pm shifts, so sometimes I have to go during peak hours.

The music is my biggest pet peeve, even more than the guidos. It honestly sounds like they took an eleventeen-year-olds ipod and took the first 15 songs off it and decided to shuffle them throughout the day at the gym... that one song "thats what you get when you mess with heart break OOOHohOHohoh" is so fucking annoying. I almost dropped the bench bar on my chest when the "miyaa heee, miya hoooo, miya ha, miya ha ha" song came on. I don't usually complain about service anywhere, but the staff at golds makes it pretty clear that they don't want to be there and don't give 2 shits about their jobs.

l/l/rX
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
meh i have no problem with golds northlands. i usually go around 2-3, or 8-9pm.

ApexDrift
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM
world health edgemont turns in to a day care around 530-730... and its impossible to find parking around that time too... but in the end its a very good gym... im pretty sure that the new years resolution people will fall off the wagon around march and will be less hectic around then

sputnik
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Gold's Gym might as well be renamed Gino's Gym.

jetfire
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I go to both northland and northgate... i find northgate is even worse... maybe it's the NE atmosphere, who knows.

~Leah~
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV

That would be the owner's daughter, or niece, depending which one you're talking about.

GQBalla
01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
yeah definitely guido central,

i find by 7:30 ish when i reach there they are almost gone while they finish lookin at each other.

i hate it when people wear their beater and act so freaken huge
i see a lot of ILS (invisible lat syndrome)

one time i remember a guido tried to do exactly what i was doing cept more weights than me each time and than stare at me while he was doin his sets....weirdo

yeah...he failed cause i was just warmin up. BWHAHA

im not strong either ahahhaha

l/l/rX
01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Tehe I guess I'm one of the douches that wear a beater when working out. Not all the time but more often than not. But what do I care its only work out clothes.