PDA

View Full Version : My first rant...

LadyLuck
01-31-2009, 03:33 AM
Ok..first off, I have alot of patience...always have, not sure if I always will.

This happened about 30 minutes ago, I was heading home from work, and after an 18 hour day all I wanted to do was get home and sleep.

The weather outside isnt helping either!

Im heading east bound on 16th ave and just about to pass deerfoot trail, when a grey mazda 3 pulls up in front of me, i had my window rolled down a bit and could hear them screaming as they passed me in the left lane.

There was about 6-7 people squished in the car. They get ahead about a full car length when all of a sudden i see a glass bottle flying out of the car and towards me....THANK GOD for my ninja reflexes, i managed to dodge it, then they try to cut me off and speed ahead.

At this point, I am foaming at the mouth and get on the phone, I was so angry that I couldnt remember the damn non emergency line so I called 911 and asked to be transferred to the police, 10 seconds later I get a dispatcher person.

I started following the Mazda 3 for a bit while keeping a safe distance, I wanted to make sure I could remember the licence plate, I tend to forget things when put in a situation where im about to loose my mind.

I told him what was going on, gave him a clear description of the vehicle with liscence plate etc, he said theyd get right on it.

If there is ONE thing I cant stand is drunk drivers, I dont care if the driver was drinking or not, everyone else in the vehicle was. How IGNORANT do you have to be to throw your bottles out of the car and onto other peoples vehicles???

Just for the hell of it, I am going to post this assclown's info, its a grey mazda 3, not sure what year but those damn things all look the same liscence plate PUK 858

I hope they get their license taken away!

thanks for reading
/rant

rp_guy
01-31-2009, 03:59 AM
what did the police do ?

rumeo
01-31-2009, 04:29 AM
meh they cant really do anything unless they catch them in the act, thats why i dont call the cops for drunk drivers anymore. glad to hear the bottle didnt hit you ladyluck

talonboi
01-31-2009, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by rumeo
meh they cant really do anything unless they catch them in the act, thats why i dont call the cops for drunk drivers anymore. glad to hear the bottle didnt hit you ladyluck

i only called in 2 drunk drivers, the police actually called me back to let me know they caught the guy.

:clap:

but good thing you didnt get hurt.

Cody D
01-31-2009, 08:35 AM
That sucks, you should have used the PIT maneuver, haha.

I once saw a drunk driver almost drive his car under a tractor trailer, it was so close. I followed him and waited outside his apartment behind his car until I saw the police pull him out of the car, I think he had passed out sitting in his car. That guy was a menace.

treg50
01-31-2009, 09:09 AM
I wonder if the passengers' behaviour is the responsibility of the driver/car owner, I think it should be. Kind of like if the passengers don't have their seatbelts on that driver can get in crap.

5G_celica
01-31-2009, 12:09 PM
good work...

I've done the same, followed the drunk driver until the police showed up..

adidas
01-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Thats the time when you slow down, let them do there own thing, and if possible use the next turnoff!

Idiots like that are found on the road everyday, its nothin surprising, but its how you avoid the confrontation that puts you on top.

TomcoPDR
01-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Glad to hear you're alright though, nicely done rant!

chkolny541
01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 5G_celica
good work...

I've done the same, followed the drunk driver until the police showed up..

:werd:

bawlls
01-31-2009, 04:11 PM
You should have returned the favor, smash his car to bits!

Graham_A_M
01-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by treg50
I wonder if the passengers' behaviour is the responsibility of the driver/car owner, I think it should be. Kind of like if the passengers don't have their seatbelts on that driver can get in crap.

yeah it is.

Good job calling it in BTW, throwing things out the window of a moving "motorvehicle" is a serious offense. They're going to be seeing some hefty fines for that stupid trick.

Kloubek
01-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
PUK 858

Glad you are ok. That is a rant-able situation for sure.

I think their plate should have read PUnK 502

theken
01-31-2009, 05:00 PM
weak

LadyLuck
01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Thats the time when you slow down, let them do there own thing, and if possible use the next turnoff!

Idiots like that are found on the road everyday, its nothin surprising, but its how you avoid the confrontation that puts you on top.

I only followed them for a few minutes to make sure I had the right licence plate number.

The officer on the phone even told me not to follow them, as much as I wanted to, by the time they passed 19th street on 16th ave they took off like a bat outta hell, i guess they saw me follow them.

I just told the officer where they were heading then turned around and went home.

I really do hope they get a ticket for pulling that crap!

InLoveWitRSX
01-31-2009, 05:27 PM
I fucking hate drunk drivers.

dannie
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by treg50

Actually, that isnt 100% right. If the person without the seatbelt is over the age of 16, its that person who gets a ticket. If the person is under the age of 16, the driver gets the ticket.

Just an FYI

:)