PDA

View Full Version : Command Start CS-480 i FM

Lori
01-31-2009, 02:53 PM
My remote control for my Command Start CS-480 i FM has quit working. Using the serial number on the back of the remote, I was able to locate a new one(although slightly different looking) online. Unfortunately there were no instructions on how to reset the new remote. My original users manual has no instructions either. Please help!
Thanks.
Lori

Strugari
01-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Flashing the Hood Pin Switch
Flashing the Hood Pin switch is a procedure that brings the Remote Car Starter into Programming
Mode. Once the Remote Car Starter is in Programming Mode, the installer will have up to
20 seconds to select one of the sub-menus. If the installer fails to select a sub-menu before the
20-second delay, the Remote Car Starter will exit Programming Mode and the installer will have
to flash the Hood Pin switch once more.
Tip: As long as the Hood is up, you may use the Programming Assistance Button instead of
the Hood Pin switch.
Here are the steps which the installer must follow in order to flash the Hood Pin switch:
The Installer … The Module …
1. Press and hold the Hood Pin switch for 4 seconds.
2. Release the Hood Pin switch. The Parking Lights will turn ON.
3. While the Parking Lights are ON, press down the
Hood Pin switch once more.
4. Release the Hood Pin switch again.
Caution! If you press down and release the Hood
Pin Switch too many times, you will enter
Diagnostic Mode rather than Programming Mode.
The Parking Lights will stay ON
for 20 seconds

The Transmitter Programming Procedure
1. Flash the Hood Pin switch (see Table 1)
– The Parking Lights will stay ON for up to 20 seconds.
– Before the lights go out, turn the Ignition Key to the IGNITION ON (RUN) position.
– Immediately turn the Ignition Key back to the OFF position.
2. Press and hold the LOCK button and keep it down until the Parking Lights flash
5 times quickly.
– The Remote Car Starter has stored the code of the Transmitter into memory.
3. To exit: close the Hood.