PDA

View Full Version : South Deerfoot Suzuki going at it again?

ragu
01-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Now I am sure everyone has heard the story about jdm jspec and how this dealership wouldn't give him his 500 back. Until now I thought of it as "you paid for a lesson learned in life" and though it might be a shitty act on the part of dealership I didn't care and would still buy from them since they had so many good reviews. But now I really understand the situation of the kid and how he was robbed, no matter how many good reviews you've got your dealings show otherwise.

Here's the conversation with him.

Nbaker:
Hey man.

Just sending this message out (same thing as i've sent to a few other members tonight)
Obviously I am not posting in that thread alot (adding fuel to the fire as some would say)

Just wanted to say that your example you just posted was a good addition.
As you said, the only reason the thread has gotten so big is because this is the first time a negative thread has come up for our dealership. I know more positives will always be coming up

Just wanted to say thanks for putting that in the perspective that hopefully more people will understand

-Norman Baker

ragu wrote on 12-10-2008 11:13 PM:

no problem man, its all full of BS
I bought my car 2 weeks before I noticed the ad for s4; I was pissed and disappointed...lol
Good Luck!

Nbaker: Haha, thanks!
I am actually getting a good laugh out of *most* of it haha.
Sure, there was a point to be made (by both the op, and myself)
But more then half the posts are just jibberish aruging with each other
So I've been kind of ticked out, and humoured at the same time.. It all balances out

Today I was looking at "ballin 2000 740i" and thought this really looks good and maybe we can work out a deal BUT to my extreme surprise the price was raised by 2G?!? I mean this is my guess but it looks like this car got too much attention and they decided to get as much money outta the sale as possible.......fair enough but fuck man you guys lost all your respect because of how you run your business and how obvious it is that you've gotta drain every penny outta the sale.

Now this whole things not gonna make a difference to me since I am pretty satisfied with what I drive but the way business is handled is extremely disappointing.... today, you've lost another customer

:facepalm:

InLoveWitRSX
01-31-2009, 11:01 PM
damn son

googe
01-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Mr Lahey says: The shit-apple doesn't fall far from the shit-tree

funkedelic2
01-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Here we go again

Jeremiah
01-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Om nom nom nom. South Deerfoot Suzuki is in you wallet eating your dollars Nom

anschutz_92
01-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Maybe it went to the $500 car wash? :nut:

C4S
01-31-2009, 11:53 PM
:dunno:

To be fair .. if u notice .. many many for sell thread in beyond .. or other website ... asking price going up isn't un common ..

Or u see member A is selling a car for $8K .. then in 2 weeks .. u will see member B is asking $10K .. oh .. ok .. he put a new battery and full tank gas into it ..

Another reason is .. beyonders are all famous as low ballers?

Whatever F.S. thread .. whatever asking price .. beyonders will low ball anyway ... :dunno:

I am sure norman is ok to sell the car at $14995 .. but he ask $16995 now .. so he can show $2K discount ... :D

ragu
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
I was really interested when the price was 14995 and all of a sudden its 16995, I gave him another chance and pm'd him asking final price and he replies..."169995"
This reminds me of 240sx/silvia where its price was raised during summer and the kid thought its demand drastically went up.

Maybe 16995 is special beyond pricing?

SDS lost all respect and I am sure I wouldn't send anyone I know to them....:thumbsdow

Edit: people raise prices, aren't dealerships supposed to be more professional when they determine a price?

LOLzilla
02-01-2009, 12:38 AM
lol welp

5fivespeed
02-01-2009, 12:58 AM
That car is still a great deal for 16. Buy it and be baller.

dino_martini
02-01-2009, 01:01 AM
wait....wat

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-01-2009, 01:16 AM
"Hands in your pocket, hands in your pocket.. Hands in your pocket!!"

B18C
02-01-2009, 11:55 AM
So you're mad because SDS listed a 740i at $14995 and then changed their minds and raised it to $16995? Did you put down an offer when it was at $14995 and then they raised it to $16995. Or were you just browsing and saw and noticed they raised the price for no reason?

ragu
02-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Ever since SDS had that issue with the kid I was confused and careful if to buy from them or not. I trade or change cars every 4 months or so and if I don't get this one I could care less cos there is always another one out there.

It is NOT a rant. The reason for this thread was to show why I changed my mind 1) $500 deposit shit 2) shady practices as in this case.

Now the point is other people see this too. A dealership should be very stable in their dealings; you shouldn't be raising price just because more people like it, that is immature. From a sponsor I've never seen such shitty dealings i.e. ignoring complaints and issues.

natejj
02-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by ragu
Now the point is other people see this too. A dealership should be very stable in their dealings; you shouldn't be raising price just because more people like it, that is immature. From a sponsor I've never seen such shitty dealings i.e. ignoring complaints and issues.

If my product was in high demand, I think I'd raise the price. Seems like Business 101 to me.

corsvette
02-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Report this so called "business practice"to AMVIC,see how they feel about it,maybe dealer are able to raise advertised prices.

ragu
02-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by natejj

If my product was in high demand, I think I'd raise the price. Seems like Business 101 to me.

After putting it up for sale? That is why I called it being immature or failing in Business 101 therefore losing customers.

How come reputable sponsors like jdmsource or newlextasy don't play shady?

calgarys_finest
02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
So did you actually put a offer on it or did you just notice this?

edit. One of the amazing thing about owning something is that you can ask whatever you want for it.

w_man
02-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Calling this business 101 is ridiculous. I understand determining your cost based on demand (invisible hand blah blah) but we are not talking about a commercial product like PS3 or a commodity product (hell even a brand new car). We are talking about 1 item up for sale .. a used car .. you determine your price based on your cost and competition. Private sales raise their price all the time (bikes for example will be more expensive in summer etc) but for a dealership to do this in a short period of time for the same car based on demand? disappointing!!

You set the price ... if there is more demand ... sell it for asking price and be happy that you didn't have to haggle.

my .02

Generic
02-01-2009, 01:01 PM
another reason why I'm not going to buy from SDS
sad dealership, they kicked my friend out when he was looking at a 350Z there.

Neil4Speed
02-01-2009, 01:04 PM

Today I was looking at "ballin 2000 740i" and thought this really looks good and maybe we can work out a deal BUT to my extreme surprise the price was raised by 2G?!? I mean this is my guess but it looks like this car got too much attention and they decided to get as much money outta the sale as possible.......fair enough but fuck man you guys lost all your respect because of how you run your business and how obvious it is that you've gotta drain every penny outta the sale.

Now this whole things not gonna make a difference to me since I am pretty satisfied with what I drive but the way business is handled is extremely disappointing.... today, you've lost another customer

Its hard to properly appraise a car like that, if he wants to raise his price, that's his prerogative. Don't be a baby.

TACO.VIDAL
02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
i dont know why people keep thinking deerfoot suzuki is different than every other used car dealership.

a used car dealership is a used car dealership.

G-ZUS
02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
i dont know why people keep thinking deerfoot suzuki is different than every other used car dealership.

:werd:

B18C
02-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I really don't see the problem here. If they think they can get more for the car why wouldn't they raise the price? If you don't like it then don't buy it. It would be different if you were in actual negotiations with them and they suddenly raise the price on you. Or if they purposely advertised at $14995 and when you get to the dealership it's suddenly $16995.

toyboy88
02-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by B18C
I really don't see the problem here. If they think they can get more for the car why wouldn't they raise the price? If you don't like it then don't buy it. It would be different if you were in actual negotiations with them and they suddenly raise the price on you. Or if they purposely advertised at $14995 and when you get to the dealership it's suddenly $16995. [/B]

Kloubek
02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Actually, the law dictates for ANY retail business that if you advertise for a price, you must sell at that price. Otherwise, it's akin to a bait and switch practice - which (if this is considered a "retail" business) would be punishable by a hefty fine.

IF the dealership did not advertise this price anywhere, then it is totally their perogative to re-price as they see fit.

Jlude
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by googe
Mr Lahey says: The shit-apple doesn't fall far from the shit-tree

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Perfect!

chkolny541
02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Actually, the law dictates for ANY retail business that if you advertise for a price, you must sell at that price. Otherwise, it's akin to a bait and switch practice - which (if this is considered a "retail" business) would be punishable by a hefty fine.

IF the dealership did not advertise this price anywhere, then it is totally their perogative to re-price as they see fit.

http://www.teamdrunkottawa.com/funnay/images/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

TorqueDog
02-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Was actually going to head to SDS this weekend, was looking at SUVs for the lady. Totally slipped my mind, hit up some of the dealers in/around the Calgary Automall.

I guess SDS is out. I'll stick with buying new for this one.

ABteg00
02-01-2009, 04:52 PM
beyond is like the paparazzi,
and Norman is like Brittany spears.

Of course if you look over everything he does with a fine tooth comb you are going to find something to make a thread about. Even tho lots of other dealerships / sales people do the same thing daily (even tho it is somewhat shady). This website has proved the whole love them when they are up, kick them when they are down saying. No ones work history is going to be perfect, yet alone a used car salesman.

The only difference is the paparazzi gets millions of dollars for the newest hottest Brittany news, you just get to feel like a big man trashing on what someone has done (even tho you don't know the circumstances). What I am trying to say is everyone makes mistakes, the only different is our mistakes aren't posted over the Internet for everyone to see.

Norman, If you don't have haters in life, you are doing something wrong.

TorqueDog
02-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Um.

Hating on SDS, and hating on Norman are two different things, and I hope people can understand that on both sides of the argument.

I've had great experiences with salespeople, but a terrible experience with their respective dealerships. I've also had great experiences with dealerships, despite negative experiences with the respective sales rep.

Having said that, I'm more likely to give a dealership a chance despite a poor review of a sales rep. But if I hear that a dealership treats their customers/potential customers poorly, you could be the best salesperson in the world and you won't get my business because you're just a sales rep, and the dealership will largely affect my buying experience, and what ability you have to make it better.

To put it into another perspective: one player does not make a team. Wayne Gretzky never won a Stanley Cup outside of the Oilers franchise. Norman's probably a pretty stand-up guy, but the dealership does not seem to follow his example.

ABteg00
02-01-2009, 05:04 PM
ps.

LEAVE NORMAN ALONEEEEEEE :cry: :cry: :cry:

chkolny541
02-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ABteg00
ps.

LEAVE NORMAN ALONEEEEEEE :cry: :cry: :cry:

lol
http://www.starbuddies.com/_ups/cris%20crocker.jpg

Generic
02-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

lol
http://www.starbuddies.com/_ups/cris%20crocker.jpg

lawl we finally got Norman's twin brother

dj_rice
02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Don't blame Norman, blame his dad

adamc
02-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, norman has always been very good at responding to my questions quickly and with the right information (which any salesperson worth his salt should be capable of).

This kind of stuff would seriously make me question doing business with SDS in the future though, and I think others would agree with me.

harv91
02-01-2009, 10:40 PM
the millions and millions fans chanting his name
NORRRR-MAANNNNNN
NORRRR-MAAAAAANNNNNN
NORRRRRRR-MAAAAAANNNNNNN

when will he reply?

rumeo
02-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Nbaker:
Hey man.

Just sending this message out (same thing as i've sent to a few other members tonight)
Obviously I am not posting in that thread alot (adding fuel to the fire as some would say)

thats why Norman hasn't replied yet

khtm
02-02-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm sure his Daddy told him not to post in these threads anymore. :facepalm:

nadroj23
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by adamc
Well, norman has always been very good at responding to my questions quickly and with the right information (which any salesperson worth his salt should be capable of).

This kind of stuff would seriously make me question doing business with SDS in the future though, and I think others would agree with me.

Well my car was written off just before christmas even made a thread about it. Decided to give Norman a call to see what he had and if you could get his hands on a RSX Type-s. Told me he would check and never got back to me. He told me that day he would call or send me a pm on beyond and nothing. I needed a car within the week (called thursday or friday needed a car same time the following week) and I dont appreciate not getting called back on a simple request of just checking inventory. I was getting a check cut and would of had money in hand by early the next week. Luckily I found a car else where.

syeve
02-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Is it possible that some "additional" work was done on the BMW? Perhaps new tires and brakes? Maybe they got got the car, put it up for sale and realized some required maintenence was needed. :dunno:

bigboom
02-02-2009, 10:56 AM
my experience with south deerfoot suzuki was positive to start with then turned bad as i found it they actually lied to me about many things.

i definitely would not reccomend anyone going there or dealing with them.

Team_Mclaren
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by bigboom
my experience with south deerfoot suzuki was positive to start with then turned bad as i found it they actually lied to me about many things.

do share?
since you so strongly stood behind them last thread?

khtm
02-02-2009, 11:04 AM

Holy shit, weren't you their biggest Fanboy during the last thread?? :dunno:

bighead2267
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM

care to elaborate more?

Eleanor
02-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Don't be a baby.
This.

EDIT:

you've gotta drain every penny outta the sale.
:rofl:

That's what business is all about :banghead:

funkedelic2
02-02-2009, 11:24 AM

your the guy that bought that 05 competition m3 right? I noticed you sold it very quickly. Do tell about this "experience gone wrong" ..

Generic
02-02-2009, 12:15 PM

please elaborate
didn't you support them to the end in the last SDS thread?

7thgenvic
02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
OOOO god....Another one of these threads. All dealerships do the same shit. I just don't get why the OP doesn't go to another dealership or look for a private sale.

Aleks
02-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
OOOO god....Another one of these threads. All dealerships do the same shit. I just don't get why the OP doesn't go to another dealership or look for a private sale.

In the end MOST dealers are the same. Every time I've bought a new car I've had great service from sales guys but their finance managers always made honest "mistakes" by trying to charge doc fees twice or forgetting to apply 5% gst instead of 6% etc etc.

You really have to be on top of your game when dealing with these guys because if you don't crunch your own numbers $5-6 bux per month is hard to notice on a big loan.

bigboom
02-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

do share?
since you so strongly stood behind them last thread?

i stood behind them because everything they did seemed positive to me.

First off came the whole snowstorm pickup. Any other dealership would have just said why dont you just come down saturday or monday and pick the car up after the snow has stopped. At first I saw it as dedication but then i realized it was jsut stupidity to pick up a client and make them drive home in that kind of weather.

Secondly the screw up with the wheels. The more I think about it the angrier I get. How do you put wheels on a car where it wont clear the callipers? Sure they said they would stand behind their mistake if something happened to the brakes but im not sure they actually would have, had something gone wrong, seeing the way they are doing business now.

Thirdly was the fact they lied to me about the price of the car. I'll break down the process for you when they source a car in an auction for you. First off they will source you the car and tell you when its going to auction, then SDS will tell you to put in your bid. Now this is the point where it gets sketchy, Norman will tell you that they keep a profit margin on the car of $1500, if the car sells for less than your bid then you get the car at a lower price as well as long as they get their profit. I'm promised this by Norman.

Anyways when I bought the M3 i put in my bid and Norman said that should get the car. So I won the auction and got the car. However SDS paid a lot less for the car than what I paid so theoretically I should have gotten it at a lower price however they made up some bullshit sotry about how they only made $750 on the car but they just wanted to get me the car anyways just to increase their counts. This story would have been fine and would have known no better had I not tried to trade the car in on a new car. With the e46 m3's I kept hearing problems about the VANOS and subframe tears so i thought ah what the heck I wouldnt mind getting back into a new car and ditch the M3 before the expenses start adding up.

As i shopped around, a dealer was trying to get me a decent trade in value for my car and called SDS to see if they were interested in buying it back and selling it as they seem to bring in some high end cars. So the dealer asked SDS if they were interested in buying the car back at black book and this is when a SDS rep actually told the dealership that they paid a lot less than black book for the car and they werent interested. ANyways the dealer told me about this and gave me a trade in number way lower than black book based on feedback from SDS, BMW Gallery and Calgary BMW.

So essentially SDS bought the car at a way lower price than my bid and fed some bullshit about how much they paid for the car. The whole time Norman maintained if they paid less than the bid price I would get it at the price provided that SDS got their profit margin.

Also I was told that the carproof on this car was clean. As I got the car proof i saw a collision claim with a $0 total. Asking Norman about this he mentioned it was probably such a small claim that insurance wouldnt cover it as it was under the deductible so he considered the car clean when he told me it was a clean carproof. If i saw an accident claim on the car of any amount I would not have bid it on it $0 or not.

I didnt want to start a new thread as I didnt want to stir up bullshit but i am reccmonding to stay away from SDS as they run their business like a typical used car shop and feed you nothing but lies.

Xtrema
02-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL

If you don't like the price, move along.

CBB has been holding steady for the last few months on all used cars. With $cdn down in toilet, I don't see CBB dropping any time soon (actually CBB did went up for a couple of cars on my searches).

So if you don't like SDS prices and dealer won't budge. Don't complain. Just walk away.

I'm not sure why everyone is having a hard-on for that 740 anyway.

Xtrema
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Also I was told that the carproof on this car was clean. As I got the car proof i saw a collision claim with a $0 total. Asking Norman about this he mentioned it was probably such a small claim that insurance wouldnt cover it as it was under the deductible so he considered the car clean when he told me it was a clean carproof. If i saw an accident claim on the car of any amount I would not have bid it on it $0 or not.

Well my only exchange with Norm was the 06 M5 he had for high $40s that was suppose to land soon. Looks good and clean record as it usually said on the post. But I did a little search and found the same pics all over the internet and I was able to get a hold of the VIN#. Norm confirmed and I did a Carfax on the VIN# which came out not so clean.

And the cars basically has been passed around dealer to dealer like a crack whore. So I ask Norm again about the car and it's suddenly sold on auction again and not available.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that may be he release it back to auction knowing that it has a problem. But after your experience, it does cast some doubt on their quality control.

I'm not saying they will always be 100% on confirming records of US cars but doesn't seem like much homework has been done on their used purchases other than possible margins. And from the prices I found on that said 06 M5, and the price posted, SDS could have made $6-$8K easy back when the dollar was par.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/233526/fs-2006-bmw-m5-cheap--financing-avail/

Notice unlike the usual SOLD posts, all info are removed.

Neil4Speed
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Per you ad for the car you also considered the carproof to be clean as you stated it in your sales description for the car.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigboom
[B]Vehicle Details
Year : 2005
Make and Model : BMW M3
Exterior Color : Interlagos Blue
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : 6 Speed Manual
Odometer Reading : 35000Km's
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description : Immaculate Condition, Low Mileage Canadian Car with 1 full year of factory warranty still left. Clean Car proof. Competition package that comes with better steering rack, larger brakes, 19' forged csl wheels, alcantara steering wheel, M track mode.
Extras : Full 3m on Hood and Bumper. Factory Alarm system with motion detectors.
Asking Price : $40000 OBO No reasonable offer refused.

bigboom
02-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Per you ad for the car you also considered the carproof to be clean as you stated it in your sales description for the car.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigboom
[B]Vehicle Details
Year : 2005
Make and Model : BMW M3
Exterior Color : Interlagos Blue
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : 6 Speed Manual
Odometer Reading : 35000Km's
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description : Immaculate Condition, Low Mileage Canadian Car with 1 full year of factory warranty still left. Clean Car proof. Competition package that comes with better steering rack, larger brakes, 19' forged csl wheels, alcantara steering wheel, M track mode.
Extras : Full 3m on Hood and Bumper. Factory Alarm system with motion detectors.
Asking Price : $40000 OBO No reasonable offer refused.

yeah that was until i actually looked at the car proof and got that explanation from him.. so i assumed it was a clean carproof according to his explanation that it was clean. but now i'm rethinking everything they told me at that dealership.

Generic
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
wow Norman even sounds ridiculously sketchy. Would not buy from him or his 'family' dealership ever. Bigboom, I'd be pissed the way Norman treated you. Terrible.

GQBalla
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
wow these stories are gettin bad.

looks like SDS parade is getting trampled on

Xtrema
02-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Generic
wow Norman even sounds ridiculously sketchy. Would not buy from him or his 'family' dealership ever. Bigboom, I'd be pissed the way Norman treated you. Terrible.

He's a good guy. I have dealt with worse sales people. But it's a business and it's his dad's business so there's a limitation on what he can and cannot accommodate or control.

Even the best business would have the occasional sour customer experience. And it amplifies on the internet. The best a business can do is learn from it and improve upon the shortcoming.

There are still more + than - experience from SDS tho.

jdm_jspec
02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Don't blame Norman, blame his dad

+1 for that. :thumbsdow

max_boost
02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

He's a good guy. I have dealt with worse sales people. But it's a business and it's his dad's business so there's a limitation on what he can and cannot accommodate or control.

Even the best business would have the occasional sour customer experience. And it amplifies on the internet. The best a business can do is learn from it and improve upon the shortcoming.

There are still more + than - experience from SDS tho.

Well said man.

You can have 100 positive experiences but all you hear about is the one negative.

I am surprised to hear about how bigboom feels about his recent purchase though. He was supporting SDS hard.

I even recently contacted Norm to see if he can find any buyers for my SLK and I would cut him a finders fee. I don't have anything against him despite these recent threads. I run a business too and I'm sure there are quite a few jaded customers out there who would talk shit about me but I don't think I'm a bad guy, I'm a chill guy! lol

Xtrema
02-02-2009, 06:21 PM
^ and even the best guys sometimes get fuck over by supporting players. Because I'm sure someone else handles the purchasing and not Norm. So he probably has no control of what comes in and just take purchasers' word for it.

Norm can't possibility check out history of every car his purchasers brought in.

Heck, if my supporting players fucked up, I would tried hard to hide it from the customers too.

you&me
02-02-2009, 07:39 PM
^ and even the best guys sometimes get fuck over by supporting players. Because I'm sure someone else handles the purchasing and not Norm. So he probably has no control of what comes in and just take purchasers' word for it.

Norm can't possibility check out history of every car his purchasers brought in.

Heck, if my supporting players fucked up, I would tried hard to hide it from the customers too.

The biggest (most important) job at a dealership is the purchasing, whether at auction, from wholesalers, or valuing trades... So yes, they should check out the history of every car that comes in :banghead:

01RedDX
02-02-2009, 08:06 PM

googe
02-02-2009, 08:28 PM

next time someone posts a hit and run thread, you can thank losers like this

get some balls and personal accountability people. stop passing the buck.

LongCity
02-02-2009, 08:31 PM

i stood behind them because everything they did seemed positive to me.

Secondly the screw up with the wheels. The more I think about it the angrier I get. How do you put wheels on a car where it wont clear the callipers? Sure they said they would stand behind their mistake if something happened to the brakes but im not sure they actually would have, had something gone wrong, seeing the way they are doing business now.

I remember asking you about this and how they could possibly fit wheels on that wouldn't clear calipers and you justified their mistake. I still think they should have known beforehand by the measurements.

The_Rural_Juror
02-02-2009, 09:08 PM

yeah that was until i actually looked at the car proof and got that explanation from him.. so i assumed it was a clean carproof according to his explanation that it was clean. but now i'm rethinking everything they told me at that dealership.

Why would you pull a carproof report after you sold the vehicle?

R154
02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Well said man.

You can have 100 positive experiences but all you hear about is the one negative.

I am surprised to hear about how bigboom feels about his recent purchase though. He was supporting SDS hard.

I even recently contacted Norm to see if he can find any buyers for my SLK and I would cut him a finders fee. I don't have anything against him despite these recent threads. I run a business too and I'm sure there are quite a few jaded customers out there who would talk shit about me but I don't think I'm a bad guy, I'm a chill guy! lol

People dont talk shit about asian's who drive balling cars. That is called a death wish.

spikerS
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
It does not matter if Norman is a "chill guy" or not, or how many positive experiences a place has. Dealerships and car salesmen are the bottom of the barrel, and will do anything, no matter how shady or illegal it is, if they think they can get away with it.

Bottom line, never trust what the salesman tells you. Do your own due diligence. Do a car proof, do car fax, get a pre purchase inspection done, bring you hundreds of friends to take a look at it, because, if you don't, Mr. "chill guy" suddenly will seem that he came from the furnace.

"A fool and his money will soon part" - a salesman I knew at a dealership I worked at would say this every time he was about to greet a customer.

bigboom
02-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Why would you pull a carproof report after you sold the vehicle?

I didnt. He provided the car proof to me. I just didnt look over it in detail because i took his word for it that the car proof was clean.

chkolny541
02-03-2009, 12:56 AM

I didnt. He provided the car proof to me. I just didnt look over it in detail because i took his word for it that the car proof was clean.

you had the carproof provided to you but you still took his word and never glanced over it???:confused: :confused: , :banghead:

7thgenvic
02-03-2009, 01:59 AM
If you are purchasing a expensive car take it to the proper dealership to get a pre-purchase inspection. This has happened with many of our BMW's. If I ever purchase a used car, I will take it to the appropriate dealership have have them tell me what is wrong, car fax the title and take the simple precautions prior to purchase. Its just simple common sense.

Jeremiah
02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
In cuz I hate SDS

BlackArcher101
02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
This whole idea is new to people? Holy crap, you guys need something else to grasp and bitch at.

QuasarCav
02-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
This whole idea is new to people? Holy crap, you guys need something else to grasp and bitch at.

When were you appointed forum asshole?

bituerbo
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
SDS tried to sell me a red R32 skyline with 16,000 on the clock. It seemed in really rough shape for such low milage...

chkolny541
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

i think its really only buzz worthy because norm had such a good reputation on this forum less then a few months ago, but now all these stories are getting out about him and suddenly everyones favorite car salesman norm isnt anyones favorite anymore

Jeremiah
02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

When were you appointed forum asshole?

no shit.

Definitely Self Proclaimed

GQBalla
02-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
SDS tried to sell me a red R32 skyline with 16,000 on the clock. It seemed in really rough shape for such low milage...

really?

SDS sells RHD cars now?

Generic
02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Where's Norm? why doesn't he answer a thread that has plenty of dissatisfied customers?

Cody D
02-05-2009, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Generic
Where's Norm? why doesn't he answer a thread that has plenty of dissatisfied customers?

In his PM to the OP he said that he is trying not to fan the flames, which he would definitely do if he posted.

Jlude
02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Cody D

In his PM to the OP he said that he is trying not to fan the flames, which he would definitely do if he posted.

but something would be nice.

Even in the last thread, if he'd have come out, man'd up and said... "yes my dad did this or did that and it's beyond my control, however I apologize" or something.... at least something, then I'd be fine with SDS, but since more stuff keeps coming up (which it will about every dealership of course) it's just brutal to ignore it. Yes, that might be easier for them.... but everyone is looking at these threads and thinking less and less of SDS.

chkolny541
02-05-2009, 09:04 AM
his reputation on beyond with thousands of regular car buyers is mud now

Generic
02-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

but something would be nice.

Even in the last thread, if he'd have come out, man'd up and said... "yes my dad did this or did that and it's beyond my control, however I apologize" or something.... at least something, then I'd be fine with SDS, but since more stuff keeps coming up (which it will about every dealership of course) it's just brutal to ignore it. Yes, that might be easier for them.... but everyone is looking at these threads and thinking less and less of SDS.

agreed. Instead of manning up and admitting what happened, he sat back and played a pussy position, resulting in a disillusioned beyond.ca

bigboom
02-05-2009, 10:33 AM
its interesting how at first they give off a great impression and then once they really start to show how they do business everyone sees right through them.

the thing that i found the most interesting is once he found out i was shopping for subaru's he immediately pm'd me asking if i was interested in an 08 sti after i found out about the lie in the price they sold me the M3 at.

like most said im sure its his dad making all these calls but it sure makes him look bad when this happens. the funny thing is when he picked me up to take me to the dealer he was talking shit about all these shops in town telling me to stay away and now he's no different.

scat19
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I have refused comment on this, but I had to add.

Yes they can approve you for financing, for me, I couldn't anywhere else.

Increasing the cars cost buy 5k, and then increase your down payment by 5k, is illegal. This is how they get you financed.

I was at nissan and applied, was declined, and was told what they were doing with finance is illegal and if you were to get caught - fines on both ends.

I can't comment on anything else, because I didn't buy - finding out this infromation stopped me.