PDA

View Full Version : Review: Dos Caminos (Las Vegas)

pinoyhero
02-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Trendy fusiony mexican in Palazzo

Food - 8/10 - Tough to find good (not necessarily authentic) Mexican. Pretty good, gauc was wicked fresh and trio of salsas to start was very good.

Service - 8/10 - Very helpful, great timing, helpful with menu and had non-menu suggestions given allergies.

Ambiance - 8/10 - Cool funky lounge/restaurant, unique to say the least.

Value - 7/10 - Just standard, portions maybe a bit small but not worth docking another point. Liked the tequila whipped cream topped hot chocolate as a complimentary finisher.

Would return, not recommend.

rizfarmer
02-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Would return, not recommend.

wtf does this mean? you would return, but you wouldn't recommend it to anyone else?

eglove
02-01-2009, 06:56 PM
this combined with your other review makes me wanna :facepalm:

pinoyhero
02-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by rizfarmer

wtf does this mean? you would return, but you wouldn't recommend it to anyone else?

Yes exactly. What's wrong with that, not something I'd tell people to go to cause its so good, but I'd go back myself.

pinoyhero
02-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by eglove
this combined with your other review makes me wanna :facepalm:

I'm lost, thought a quick review (numbers mainly with a few quick comments) would be decent vs. the longer ones that can be a pain to read through if look for something quick.

96integra
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Awe give him a break at least hes trying to put up reviews for anyone that lives or is planning to go vegas to eat! :clap:

rizfarmer
02-01-2009, 08:58 PM

Yes exactly. What's wrong with that, not something I'd tell people to go to cause its so good, but I'd go back myself.

Here's how smrt you sound

pinoyhero: "Yeah, I ate there"

Inquiring friend: "Would you go back?"

pinoyhero: "Yeah"

Inquiring friend: "Ok, so you recommend going there?"

pinoyhero: "No"

Inquiring friend: "But you would go back?"

pinoyhero: "Yes"

Inquiring friend:":confused:"

pinoyhero
02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
^OK sorry ... I honestly dont see the issue with that convo ... have you ever eaten at say ... McDonalds? And would you go back? But would you make a point of suggesting friends and family visit the restaurant?

What's your beef anyways ... why so much hate?

flipstah
02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
^OK sorry ... I honestly dont see the issue with that convo ... have you ever eaten at say ... McDonalds? And would you go back? But would you make a point of suggesting friends and family visit the restaurant?

What's your beef anyways ... why so much hate?

If I ate at a certain McDonald's and I liked their food, maybe I'd tell them to that specific location only for standards differ from place to place, just like their menu... Sometimes you order the same thing at two different McDonald's and get different outcomes.

But this place is only one restaurant.

I'm not hating or anything but... I don't understand how you can eat to somewhere you like and not recommend it to others.

Are your standards low or something?

szw
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

If I ate at a certain McDonald's and I liked their food, maybe I'd tell them to that specific location only for standards differ from place to place, just like their menu... Sometimes you order the same thing at two different McDonald's and get different outcomes.

But this place is only one restaurant.

I'm not hating or anything but... I don't understand how you can eat to somewhere you like and not recommend it to others.

Are your standards low or something?

jeeze you people are dense.

n1zm0
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
OP i think it's hard for us to take into a review for a restaurant almost 1000 miles away.

add pics next time, might give us a better idea of the food.

i say it's not a bad idea, i'd like to think a good handful of people on beyond goto vegas every year considering the age demographic here. i plan to go there this summer again.

Weapon_R
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
OP i think it's hard for us to take into a review for a restaurant almost 1000 miles away.

add pics next time, might give us a better idea of the food.

i say it's not a bad idea, i'd like to think a good handful of people on beyond goto vegas every year considering the age demographic here. i plan to go there this summer again.

Tons of people here visit Vegas on a regular basis. With thousands of (great) restaurants to choose from, these reviews are helpful.