PDA

View Full Version : S1000

Ferio_vti
10-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Read it in C&D. Sorry if repost, I haven't been on in a month or so.

GTS Jeff
10-07-2003, 04:54 PM
wow crx revival

syeve
10-07-2003, 05:25 PM
that thing will be tossable

ShOwOfF
10-07-2003, 05:54 PM
miata eater!!!

Skyline_Addict
10-07-2003, 07:48 PM
no thanks, 1.0 Litres? 120 hp? pu-leaze.
yeah, and let's talk about competing with bimmers while they're at it.....

Team_Mclaren
10-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Long live the miata!!!!
its looks weird........ headlight:thumbsdow

-APEX-
10-07-2003, 08:10 PM
worst peice of plastic and rice ever!

Eric Happy Meal
10-07-2003, 08:16 PM
honda has always considered itself the world's premiere compact sports car maker

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
10-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
no thanks, 1.0 Litres? 120 hp? pu-leaze.
yeah, and let's talk about competing with bimmers while they're at it..... have u no understanding of weight and gearing?

just cuz it has about the same amountof power as your el doesnt mean its gona be as slow!!

Moe Man
10-07-2003, 10:14 PM
so how much to the gallon ?

what a POS

Skyline_Addict
10-08-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
have u no understanding of weight and gearing?

just cuz it has about the same amountof power as your el doesnt mean its gona be as slow!!

I don't doubt that because of the weight and gearing (possibly a 6 speed) that it is potentially fast.
but with 20000 US.....you could be spending a mere 3000 US more to get an rsx-s with standard leather interior, moonroof etc. etc.

I don't think it's a total beater, but there's alot you could get that's much better for just a bit more, which doesn't really make sense when this car is supposed to be a high performance low-cost alternative to "more expensive" sports cars.

Something I wouldn't want....but they're likely to be as popular as the miatas....so if they do come here we'll be seeing quite a few..

403Gemini
10-08-2003, 01:37 AM
sorta like the 21st century del sols if you will... i dunt mind the car. rsx and the s1000 have totally different looks and its all what appeals to you, right?

its like saying

"get a mustang cause it has more horsepower"

"but i like the looks of a civic..."

"WHO CARES ! GET THE MUSTANG!"

you hafta enjoy what you drive.

GTS Jeff
10-08-2003, 03:02 AM

I don't doubt that because of the weight and gearing (possibly a 6 speed) that it is potentially fast.
but with 20000 US.....you could be spending a mere 3000 US more to get an rsx-s with standard leather interior, moonroof etc. etc.

I don't think it's a total beater, but there's alot you could get that's much better for just a bit more, which doesn't really make sense when this car is supposed to be a high performance low-cost alternative to "more expensive" sports cars.

Something I wouldn't want....but they're likely to be as popular as the miatas....so if they do come here we'll be seeing quite a few.. well, with regards to the rsx...its comparing apples to oranges...one is a pocket rocket, the other is sport compact luxocruiser...

Skyline_Addict
10-08-2003, 04:34 AM
well, with regards to the rsx...its comparing apples to oranges...one is a pocket rocket, the other is sport compact luxocruiser...

woo finally, a break from studying!

yeah, when it all falls down, it is really a matter of taste.

in a technical sense, when a substitute of product A (the miata) becomes cheaper than product A (the rsx), people will buy the substitute, aka product B aka the miata.

however, this is holding all things constant, in a hypothetical situation, disregarding other variables (or rather holding them constant). an externality that plays an immense role in this scenario is taste, which when comes into the picture, can create many ambiguoties.

well, that's the result of 7 straight hours of studying Economics!

Hahaha. I need to sleep.

thich
10-08-2003, 09:05 AM

woo finally, a break from studying!

yeah, when it all falls down, it is really a matter of taste.

in a technical sense, when a substitute of product A (the miata) becomes cheaper than product A (the rsx), people will buy the substitute, aka product B aka the miata.

however, this is holding all things constant, in a hypothetical situation, disregarding other variables (or rather holding them constant). an externality that plays an immense role in this scenario is taste, which when comes into the picture, can create many ambiguoties.

well, that's the result of 7 straight hours of studying Economics!

Hahaha. I need to sleep.

i HARDLY consider the miata and the RSX substitutes... how could they possibly be in the same category?? albeit they are both CARS, but one is a 2 seater FR roadster and the other is almost a 2 seater FF coupe-thing...
the target markets are totally different, they are segmented differently as well and while their price ranges are fairly close to each other their functionalities are completely different!

IF a person really really really wanted to buy a miata but found the RSX sticker price to be below that of a new miata they still wouldn't buy it:
1. they didn't want to buy an RSX in the first place
2. it's not for the same purpose

like you said earlier it's a matter of taste as in preference to what category of products.
these two products don't fall into the same substitute category in my books.

IF you were to compare the RSX to another car in its same class then we can keep your assumptions.

hjr
10-08-2003, 10:00 AM
its pretty neat. im glad that they decided to use the FR set-up. that is my only issue with most 'pocket rockets' these says, my car included. fugin FF...

thich
10-08-2003, 02:44 PM
the S1000 is slated for FF too:

Enter the S1000, a front-engine/front-wheel-drive roadster with the look and feel of the S2000 and the driving character and value of the CRX

why didn't they make it FR? weird.. :banghead:

88CRX
10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
wow crx revival

u have to have driven one to understand :thumbsup:

Wildcat
10-08-2003, 03:05 PM
looks like 1/8th of a subie throw in a side of flaming gay..

thich
10-08-2003, 03:25 PM
what i don't understand is why won't they make a RWD CRX-type car?
i would SO buy that if they did... it'd be like a honda version of the 86!

GTS Jeff
10-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by thich
what i don't understand is why won't they make a RWD CRX-type car?
i would SO buy that if they did... it'd be like a honda version of the 86! u did not just say that.

hjr
10-08-2003, 04:49 PM
the S1000 is slated for FF too: WTF??? how the hell did i do that. i guess i only see what i want to see. Well, now i think this car is nothing. Pleanty of great ff cars already, like the sunfire GT.

Skyline_Addict
10-08-2003, 08:21 PM

i HARDLY consider the miata and the RSX substitutes... how could they possibly be in the same category?? albeit they are both CARS, but one is a 2 seater FR roadster and the other is almost a 2 seater FF coupe-thing...
the target markets are totally different, they are segmented differently as well and while their price ranges are fairly close to each other their functionalities are completely different!

IF a person really really really wanted to buy a miata but found the RSX sticker price to be below that of a new miata they still wouldn't buy it:
1. they didn't want to buy an RSX in the first place
2. it's not for the same purpose

like you said earlier it's a matter of taste as in preference to what category of products.
these two products don't fall into the same substitute category in my books.

IF you were to compare the RSX to another car in its same class then we can keep your assumptions.

You have seemed to miss that I was in fact mocking what I had said earlier. While I stated an instance where the RSX would be a substitute to a Miata/S1000, I did so light heartedly. Did I forget to say that such an instance is placed under a hypothetical circumstance where many things are assumed? If I did not, that's what I meant to do. To emphasize my point, I went on to say that a variable, known as taste was not being assumed (and being assumed realistically)
What I'm trying to say is that the substitute aspect is rather drab, and I know that. We're talking about more than just apples and oranges.
Obviously, you know that too, since you are telling me what I already said. :bigpimp:
I didn't mean to and would never put an RSX and miata in the same class.
However, they can still be compared by definition of tastes and values, all other things being equal. :thumbsup:

thich
10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
u did not just say that.

hmmm looks like i just did jeff :thumbsup:
lol.. high-revving, rwd I4's ... :bigpimp:

hey skyline_addict, sorry for not reading the sarcasm... lol.

Skyline_Addict
10-08-2003, 08:46 PM

hey skyline_addict, sorry for not reading the sarcasm... lol.

s'all good homes.

GTS Jeff
10-08-2003, 09:17 PM

hey skyline_addict, sorry for not reading the sarcasm... lol. well the s2k would fit that description already! its just that the corolla is cheapcheapcheap

thich
10-09-2003, 12:06 AM
hence.. :)

i wish there was a cheap RWD in the market rite now. that would be a sweet niche for the Japanese auto companies to fill in.
Toyota is gonna fall behind very badly if it doesn't introduce something to compensate the niche that the 350 and RX8 are carving.

I want an S16 or an even cheaper new AE86!!

rice_eater
10-09-2003, 05:08 PM
I REALLY HOPE THEY BRING IT IN PRODUCTION! I HONESTLY DO. JUST SO HONDA LOOKS EVEN MORE PATHETIC THAN THEY ALREADY DO, THEIR MARKET SHARE WILL CONTINUE TO SHRINK (IT'S BEEN GOING DOWN THE TUBE MIGHTY FAST IN JAPAN) EVEN MORE, AND IN THE LONG RUN WE WILL SEE A STEADY DECLINE IN RICED OUT HONDAS. NOW ALL OF YOU GO BUY A DINGO!!!!!!!!! AND HOP BETWEEN LITTLE FLOWERS AND BIRD;S NESTS :NUT:

Wildcat
10-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
I REALLY HOPE THEY BRING IT IN PRODUCTION! I HONESTLY DO. JUST SO HONDA LOOKS EVEN MORE PATHETIC THAN THEY ALREADY DO, THEIR MARKET SHARE WILL CONTINUE TO SHRINK (IT'S BEEN GOING DOWN THE TUBE MIGHTY FAST IN JAPAN) EVEN MORE, AND IN THE LONG RUN WE WILL SEE A STEADY DECLINE IN RICED OUT HONDAS. NOW ALL OF YOU GO BUY A DINGO!!!!!!!!! AND HOP BETWEEN LITTLE FLOWERS AND BIRD;S NESTS :NUT:

your caps lock is on.

rice_eater
10-09-2003, 11:59 PM
i apologize...i was...err...how do i say this...err....wasted