PDA

View Full Version : Foot arch support

403Gemini
02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
For the last few months(about 8-10 months) whenver I did certain activities I noticed I'd get a stretching pain in the arch of my foot, but it was sudden and short. Most of these activities were when I had to climb up on roofs for my work, or essentially stretch my foot in an awkard angle. Not a big deal I though, albeit a bit dangerous since when i felt the pain my initial reaction was to pull my foot back... not the best idea on a steep roof ;)

Lately the pain has been becoming more and more frequent. Now it's as common as when I climb stairs I feel the pain.

I also feel this pain when I buy new shoes and I'm breaking them in, after shoes have been quite worn out, etc. It's also been a real treat for driving when I push my foot out and I feel it... :(

Anybody have any thoughts/suggestions on how I can help this? Maybe insoles in my shoes (any suggestions on some good ones?) - Any exercises I can do to strengthen these muscles?

Thanks guys

GQBalla
02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
i can't answer your other questions but i have the dr schols memory foam insoles for my dress shoes and its amazing to walk in now.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2009, 11:12 AM
It's useless for us to diagnose this one the internets. Get yourself to a podiatrist. It may be something simple like regular insoles (i.e. Superfeet or Dr Scholls) or you may need custom orthotics.
Don't waste your time trying stuff randomly, get help from a pro.

HHURICANE1
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
You may have injured you foot as well from your job. You may have to change the type of shoe are wearing to better support your foot. Like ExtraSlow says, get to a podiatrist and find out before you do some permanent damage.

ApexDrift
02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
like they all said go to a podiatrist health care will cover the charge for the appointment... i have flat feet then got orthotics and the pain disappeared and even improved my golf game well worth!

403Gemini
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Found one down in my area, thanks for the suggestions guys !