PDA

View Full Version : Airbags From A Autowreckers??

sr20det
10-07-2003, 07:29 PM
k, a buddy of mine had bought a write-off 1995 accord, with front end damage. he lives in vancouver so i dont know the exact state of the car, but he told me he is going to get the airbags out of another accord from a wreckers if he finds one. Im kinda uneasy on the subject, but would it not be better and safer to get brand new air-bag systems? i have a few other questions i wanna ask and if u can answer them, then by all means HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!

1.) would the operating system(s) of the whole air bag deployment system be affected by even though the car may have rear end damage?
2.) even if everything is fine on the wrecker car, is it still possible to take everything out of that car, and replace it in the accord he's fixing up?

thanks guys and girls..

jdmakkord
10-07-2003, 07:31 PM
As long as the airbags have not deployed, you should be fine.

sr20det
10-07-2003, 07:34 PM
ya, thats what i was thinkin, but its still uneasy to think about..used air-bags...

jdmakkord
10-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by sr20det
ya, thats what i was thinkin, but its still uneasy to think about..used air-bags...

People have been using wrecker and used airbags for years....havent heard anything bad about them yet....

4wheeldrift
10-07-2003, 07:43 PM
As long as whoever removes them knows what they are doing, it should be fine. Its no different from getting a new one installed after an accident really. Like jdmakkord said as long as they aren't deployed its ok. If they are over 7 years old make sure they've had their mandatory inspection and you are good to go.