PDA

View Full Version : Replica Watches

The Cosworth
02-02-2009, 10:12 PM
A friend of mine lost his Tag. I want to get him a replica until he gets another job and can afford to get another one.

I found www.exactreplicas.com and it seems hit and miss on the experiences from the internet. The worst that I heard was that people never received shit, some said they send you AS CLOSE of a watch as they have and that shipping can take weeks, not days as their website claims.

Is there anywhere else to get replica watch that someone has experience with?

SJW
02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Go to www.repgeek.com

sign up to the board and buy from any of these members who sell under the vendor forum. I was going to order from Trusty, i heard he has the best service. I just wanted something besides my tag since im m.essing it up wearing it all the time (to work)

The Cosworth
02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Go to www.repgeek.com

sign up to the board and buy from any of these members who sell under the vendor forum. I was going to order from Trusty, i heard he has the best service. I just wanted something besides my tag since im m.essing it up wearing it all the time (to work)

What is your user name on there? I will use you as a reference.

cheers thanks. I like my friend but his $6,000 tag is his problem. I will spend a couple hundred bucks on him. LOL

Any experience with http://www.amatorywatches.com

SJW
02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Just buy off any vendor on this site and you'll be ok. Don't go anywhere else.

SJW
02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
I have a rep rolex GMT if you're interested.

psycoticclown
02-02-2009, 11:11 PM
^^How much is that rep rolex? Want to get a friend a bday present.

Oh and www.rwg.cc

/thread

Loads of info on that site, that board is absolutely massive.

The Cosworth
02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by SJW
I have a rep rolex GMT if you're interested.

pm'd

jsn
02-03-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm just wondering, if he's the type of guy who spent that type of money on a tag in the first place, would he want a fake (even if its good quality)? This is an honest question and I'm not trying to be a dick. Because with a couple hundred, you can buy some really nice (cheaper brand of course) watches, and these will probably be better quality than a replica. :dunno:

ercchry
02-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by jsn
.... and these will probably be better quality than a replica. :dunno:

you would be surprised...

and +1 on repgeek

i only ever ordered once from a vendor on there and i got my watch quick, good quality but then he wanted a copy of my id... i told him to f-o

jsn
02-03-2009, 01:00 AM
^^ do they come close to the real thing? I'm just wondering because most of the replicas I've seen look pretty cheap. I just suggested it because there are some nice looking watches to be had for a few hundred, obviously not to Tag standards, but decent.

ercchry
02-03-2009, 01:03 AM
depends, some reps are over $400usd... those are pretty close, the cheaper ones are hit and miss but that repgeek site has reviews on different reps and what flaws they have... some of the "ultimate" ones are really close, just a small difference or two

really it comes down to the movement but even the higher end reps have pretty nice movements in them

the one i got was $100, i said why not haha... it has been running strong for over 8 months and keeps great time

Xtrema
02-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by jsn
I'm just wondering, if he's the type of guy who spent that type of money on a tag in the first place, would he want a fake (even if its good quality)? This is an honest question and I'm not trying to be a dick.

Dude lost he job can't afford another Tag. And here I thought people with $6000 Tags don't need jobs. :dunno:

Are replica legal as long as tell you it is one?

EDIT: NVM, read repgeek.com's legal notice. Any stings on that site?

ercchry
02-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Dude lost he job can't afford another Tag. And here I thought people with $6000 Tags don't need jobs. :dunno:

Are replica legal as long as tell you it is one?

EDIT: NVM, read repgeek.com's legal notice. Any stings on that site?

legal to own, illegal to sell

Xtrema
02-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

legal to own, illegal to sell

Since it goes through mail system, if custom picks it up, won't you be screwed with taxes?

ercchry
02-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Since it goes through mail system, if custom picks it up, won't you be screwed with taxes?

when i got mine the label said costume watch and i had the tittle Dr. haha.... shipping was quick though, came threw canada post and i had to sign for it

SJW
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Pretty good replica i'll sell for 175

http://stylemens.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/10/rolex_v.jpg

The Cosworth
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Pm reply replied too.

psycoticclown
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Anybody got a decent Tag or Omega? Been looking for one of those, I got a Breitling with no strap, if anybody has a strap for it too.

Destinova403
02-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Real Nixon/Diesel/Burberry/D&G > Fake

there are some decent watches in the 200 price range

w_man
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I have a Tag replica. Looks like this:
http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/link/men/calibre-s-chronograph/index.lbl?w=CJF7110.BA0587

I bought it for 200, could let it go for $150

PM me if interested.

Pacman
02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Anybody got a decent Tag or Omega? Been looking for one of those, I got a Breitling with no strap, if anybody has a strap for it too.

This website has some really high quality straps to fit Breitling watches.

I've ordered from this fellow in the past and the quality is comparable to the OEM Breitling straps for a fraction of the price.

He sells straps that will fit the regular tang buckle or the proprietary deployant straps.

www.waccex.de

Shipping is free and it takes about 2 weeks to get here from Germany.

deee_wreck
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

you would be surprised...

and +1 on repgeek

i only ever ordered once from a vendor on there and i got my watch quick, good quality but then he wanted a copy of my id... i told him to f-o

Damn i just went thru that site, its like another realm sucked me in for 2 days, way to much info.

ercchry: mind if i ask which seller did you bought from? they take Paypal ? which watch you get?

I'm gonna try and get me a Daytona (ss white face) and/or a OMega SPO (orange)

ercchry
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
pretty sure it was the same one that the cosworth just ordered from.... but since my thread seems to be deleted that i made about him asking for ID after the fact im not 100% sure

i got a chopard mm gt xl, the cheap one (21j movement) then i bought a leather hirsch rally strap from ebay since the ruber one it comes with is ugly, cool thing about that strap is the deployment strap swaps over, but since the watch takes a 23mm strap and that is a odd size i had to get a 22mm strap and there is a slight gap

and none of them take paypal, they take credit threw a 3rd party "legit" merchant

if i do it again i think i am going to give trusty a try

Cos
04-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Bump to find for later.