PDA

View Full Version : installing deck with factory amp

black13
02-03-2009, 02:00 AM
My car comes with a factory sub/amp and according to Futureshop, to just install my new deck, they would have to rewire the whole car for it to work and are charging $200.

Is there any other way around this? My deck has amp outputs, can't I just use the original deck wires with those?

I've done basic installs on my previous cars but none had amps so I'm not familiar with the wiring.

Tarrantula
02-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by black13
My car comes with a factory sub/amp and according to Futureshop, to just install my new deck, they would have to rewire the whole car for it to work and are charging $200.

Is there any other way around this? My deck has amp outputs, can't I just use the original deck wires with those?

I've done basic installs on my previous cars but none had amps so I'm not familiar with the wiring.

To make it short... No. You cant just wire the new deck to the old amp wires. It will probably cost you 80$ for a rewire (to wire the speakers bypassing the amp) and the cost of install.

Your factory amp is probably wires, not RCA's.. even if it was RCA's.. factory amps are usually powered by the factory stereo.. its 100% easier to just bypass the factory amp than try and wire to it.

brown_guy
02-03-2009, 12:32 PM
This might help u
http://cgi.ebay.ca/METRA-70-8112-TOYOTA-LEXUS-AMP-BYPASS-WIRE-HARNESS-NEW_W0QQitemZ140207573275QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Installation?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Mibz
02-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by brown_guy
This might help u
http://cgi.ebay.ca/METRA-70-8112-TOYOTA-LEXUS-AMP-BYPASS-WIRE-HARNESS-NEW_W0QQitemZ140207573275QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Installation?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116 That just allows them to bypass the amp. They still have to rewire the speakers.

black13
02-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

To make it short... No. You cant just wire the new deck to the old amp wires. It will probably cost you 80$ for a rewire (to wire the speakers bypassing the amp) and the cost of install.

Your factory amp is probably wires, not RCA's.. even if it was RCA's.. factory amps are usually powered by the factory stereo.. its 100% easier to just bypass the factory amp than try and wire to it.

Damn. So I would have to buy a new amp and rewire the speakers/amp to make it work.

Thanks.

motto_adrenelin
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
what car do you have ?

zieg
02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
or.. you could just leave the stock amp.. Basically the amp outputs you have on your new deck are RCA and they are low power. You try to hook your factory amps to that and you will probably be able to just barely hear anything when the volume is cranked up to max.

My car has an aftermarket deck and still uses the stock amplifiers, and all I did was wire the deck's speaker outputs to the amp's inputs and that was all there was to it. Had it done in a hour or so.

england4957
02-26-2009, 05:49 PM
my car has a stock sub in it and all i had to do to make it work was buy the wire harness for it. there were tow choices for wiring harnesses. for my car there was the wiring harness for people who had the basic stereo in there car and one for the people who had the built in sub.