PDA

View Full Version : Lost 15 lbs in 3 days..

CUG
02-03-2009, 02:34 AM
I've gone postal in terms of weight/fat loss. I've dropped carbs nearly completely.. I eat enough just so I don't get dizzy and I'm in the gym now every day for at least 1.5 hours.

I'm just curious about the rapid weight loss thing and it's effects on the liver/heart/kidneys and so on.

Has anyone here ever cold-turkeyed onto a diet? Anything to watch out for?

I weighed myself on the same scale too.. so unless it magically fell out of calibration, that's what's gone on.

403ep3
02-03-2009, 02:38 AM
Wow is that even healthy to lose that much weight in 3 days?

"I eat enough just so I don't get dizzy"

Hmm..I don't know how healthy that is. How long do you plan to keep this diet up?

eglove
02-03-2009, 02:39 AM
anorexia is a great diet
same with bulimia

arian_ma
02-03-2009, 02:43 AM
You just lost your water weight.
Your body is now severely dehydrated.

JordanAndrew
02-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Are you sure the extra fat isn't hanging on the towel rack? ;)

I'm just playin' with you, but yeah that's probably not a good idea to lose that much weight in such a short time. You have to remember as well that the body will eventually adapt to that diet so in the end it's really all about balancing exercise with the right diet.

CUG
02-03-2009, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Are you sure the extra fat isn't hanging on the towel rack? ;)

I'm just playin' with you, but yeah that's probably not a good idea to lose that much weight in such a short time. You have to remember as well that the body will eventually adapt to that diet so in the end it's really all about balancing exercise with the right diet. No actually, it fell out of my asshole about 6 times in the last 72 hours. I've done it before, I kill the first 20 or so pounds nearly right away and then battle every thing after that. Same scale, same everything.

Originally posted by arian_ma
You just lost your water weight.
Your body is now severely dehydrated. Okay, but I've been drinking tons of water... probably 6 liters a day.

Originally posted by 403ep3
Wow is that even healthy to lose that much weight in 3 days?

"I eat enough just so I don't get dizzy"

Hmm..I don't know how healthy that is. How long do you plan to keep this diet up? Motherfuck, I said I eat just enough CARBS. I eat tons of chicken breast and veggies during the day.

natejj
02-03-2009, 02:50 AM
How much do you weigh? Before and after.

CUG
02-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by natejj
How much do you weigh? Before and after. Lots, then subtract 15 lbs and no, I'm not a toothpick by any stretch.

Edit: Just wondering if anyone's heard of this/done it/ knows of any adverse issues with health.

GQBalla
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
well depends its not entirely impossible.

judging by how much you have lost, i would say you probably are over 200 pounds with 20 % bf.

depending what you have cut out ie. what you used to eat and what you are eating now.

like if y ou ate nothing but fast food before, now your eating very little carbs and nothing but protein and veggies.

some people go into ketosis faster than others.

benyl
02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Dude, it is impossible to lose 15lbs of fat in 3 days.

Think about it.

An average man (170-200 lbs) needs about 2500 calories to function throughout the day.

So say you didn't eat anything for 3 days. That is 7500 calories.

Then, lets say you ran like a mofo for 1.5 hours. (10 mph for 90 minutes) that is 2,260 calories. For arguments sake, lets say that you have a better metabolism and you lost 2500 calories per run.

That is another 7500 calories.

Total = 15,000 calories.

1 pound = ~3,500 calories.

15,000 / 3,500 = 4.3 pounds.

If you didn't eat anything at all, you might have lost 5 lbs. Chance are, you lost 2-3 pounds of fat and a tonne of retained water.

GQBalla
02-03-2009, 08:45 AM
i would say its water weight too. i know for a fact when im sick i lose 5 + pounds in a day easy

Antonito
02-03-2009, 09:01 AM
IIRC, junk food and such has all sorts of shit that makes you retain water. The key word is retain. You can drink 8 gallons a day, if you're on a proper diet you shouldn't retain any more than you need.

But this is pretty common, check out any of those weight loss challenge shows, it happens the first week to everyone. Actually, that is one of my pet peeves with those shows, they get all pumped because they lost 30 lbs, and they figure they'll lose 30 lbs every week, and then they get back on the scale and boom, they've sometimes even gained a pound, as their bodies get into an equilibrium in terms of water weight lost.

The experts know this, but let the contestants have the high hopes, basically so that they can have an episode of drama as they all cry.

[/derail]

JAYMEZ
02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Youve lost alot of your water weight.. You will gain it back the second you go back to a healthy diet.

Wildcat
02-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I gain and loose 10lbs a day everyday, just in water and food. Make sure you're weighing yourself first thing in the morning to get an accurate reading. 15lbs in 3 days is maybe 5lbs fat and 10lbs water at best. For the obese person, a couple lbs per day is possible but not 5.

BigWill
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
dude next time try bulimia! its a great diet!
twice the flavor, none of the calories!

fastcars
02-03-2009, 11:07 AM
probably not the healthiest thing to do, but not impossible
look at boxers and mma fighters they loose 10pounds in a day, but they usually gain it back right away.

you&me
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by fastcars
probably not the healthiest thing to do, but not impossible
look at boxers and mma fighters they loose 10pounds in a day, but they usually gain it back right away.

But again, that's mostly water weight. As BenyL's calcs show, it is impossible to lose 15 lbs of fat in three days.

Edit - Sorry, beny...

GQBalla
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
^^ benyl's calculations

CUG
02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Dude, it is impossible to lose 15lbs of fat in 3 days.

Think about it.

An average man (170-200 lbs) needs about 2500 calories to function throughout the day.

So say you didn't eat anything for 3 days. That is 7500 calories.

Then, lets say you ran like a mofo for 1.5 hours. (10 mph for 90 minutes) that is 2,260 calories. For arguments sake, lets say that you have a better metabolism and you lost 2500 calories per run.

That is another 7500 calories.

Total = 15,000 calories.

1 pound = ~3,500 calories.

15,000 / 3,500 = 4.3 pounds.

If you didn't eat anything at all, you might have lost 5 lbs. Chance are, you lost 2-3 pounds of fat and a tonne of retained water. That's a wicked calc. I'm pretty new to this, yes I'm over 200 lbs. There's no way I'm killing that many calories in a day... I do an hour of the fat burn program on a bike and an elliptical then half hour of free weights/abs. This whole thing is new to me so I appreciate all the info from everyone.

Jeremiah
02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Sounds like water weight, just keep up the work, but be weary if you are doing too much weights you will gain back weight in muscle form, so although you may think you're not moving anywhere you are turning fat into muscle. Depending how much weight you need to actually lose I would strongly suggest more cardio than anything.

Good luck!

keep us updated with your progress.

kutt3r
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Youve lost alot of your water weight.. You will gain it back the second you go back to a healthy diet.

What Jaymez and Wildcat said...

You cut carbs, thus you flush water... eat carbs again put the weight back on...

Hope you are following a diet and not just cutting out carbs completely.... there is more to low/no carb diets than just cutting them out. Its a lifestyle, not a diet.

Eating just enough as to not pass out... :eek: use www.fitday.com and find out where you are at caloriewise... you dont want to drop too many calories or your LBM is going to get eaten away.

So many people fall into the low carb trap and lose the weight and then put more on when coming off.

Darkane
02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
My record was gaining 13 pounds from morning to night. It was awesome.

Losing 15 pounds in 3 days? Yeah not so much lol.

Moonracer
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
My record was gaining 13 pounds from morning to night. It was awesome.

Losing 15 pounds in 3 days? Yeah not so much lol.

lol damn you must have eaten a lot of food

Darkane
02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

lol damn you must have eaten a lot of food

Actually no.. I ate like a "normal person".

The thing was I did a 3 week pure keto, no refeeds, or cheats.

When I ate normally that day I was so glycogen depleted that I sucked up every single ounce of water I drank. The day was fairly normal eating, carbs etc.

Then at night I fucked up. I started drinking.. Hard. Went to a house party at 3am with no mix but a 40 of rye. We found a tin of Tang orange mix. Fuck me, so basically I probably took in 200-300G of pure sugar AND held all the water with it.

I was vascular as fuck though bahah.