PDA

View Full Version : i just got hit by the 3 worst sterotype drivers

AccordTypeR
10-07-2003, 09:23 PM
first of all i dont want to offend any of you. After school today, my friend was driving me home, as we turn left of 75th ave, we had a green light and it was clear. then this dumb bitch whips out from behind a van truning left on to southland(we were going twards glenmore) and goes into the intersection and hit my friends car in the reas passenger part(right where i was sitting). the front of her car was litrally inches away from me.

sterotype one ) woman driver, not all bad drivers but the majority are.
sterotype 2) she was old.
and nuber 3) asian, this isnt ment to offend anyone, but it is a sterotype of bad drivers.

im fuckin lucky that my hip wasnt broken. all i got was a mouth full of glass and a fucked up back :banghead:

they really need to regulate who drives in this city better:thumbsdow :bullshit:

Mike09
10-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Buddy, Good to hear your not seriously hurt, but dude you're going to get flamed for this!

rage2
10-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear. Hope you got witnesses, because if I'm not mistaken, in a situation like this, your friend would be at fault for turning left when the intersection is not clear.

Hope everything turns out ok.

AccordTypeR
10-07-2003, 09:53 PM
thanks!.yah one of my friends whitnessed it, he said the lady didnt even hit the brakes, she just barreld into the car a 60 after changing lanes illegaly into a turning lane. on the other side of the street its a parking lane with cars if she had contunued to go straight she woulda hit parked cars. i have no intention of insulting any one by this, its just a sterotype i heard...

cocoabrova
10-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Sorry to hear. Hope you got witnesses, because if I'm not mistaken, in a situation like this, your friend would be at fault for turning left when the intersection is not clear.

Hope everything turns out ok.
Sorry to hear about the accident, and g/l on a speedy recovery. On another note, rage2 is right....A person making a left turn does NOT have the right of way, unless it's a controlled signal. Therefore that person has to make sure it is safe to do so, regardless of whether the light was red or not.

GTS Jeff
10-07-2003, 10:07 PM
eek, glass in mouth sounds bad!

but yea, asian drivers fuckin suck!!!

LudeRoca
10-07-2003, 10:47 PM
TRUE THAT:thumbsup:

Dave
10-07-2003, 11:09 PM
sorry to hear about the accident. too bad that according to traffic laws, it is your buddies fault. Also you are lucky there are not many girls on this forum, however there are lots of asians on this forum and i have a funny feeling that you will get flamed for this. :dunno:

EstoMax
10-07-2003, 11:11 PM
haha i can chip in.. my friends girlfriend (AZN) was backing out of my driveway... and she hit the fence.. how can u not back out straight for 5 meters..

max

rage2
10-07-2003, 11:20 PM
I'm asian and I consider myself a good driver. I've been rear ended twice this year, both times by whiteys! :rofl:

AccordTypeR
10-07-2003, 11:24 PM
lol, i didnt mean that to get flamed!!!!!!! mabye ill just take that out.. again this is a STEROTYPE. this does not mean ALL girls suck at driving, or ALL old people cant drive or ALL asians cant drive. its just a sterotype.... just like ALL jews are rich, live in pumphill and have big noses ( im jewish just for the record) this is not nessisaily true. and i agree my friend is at fault but the way it happend the lady could have done at leat something to avoid this, she made no effort to brake or even look where she was going.

SoSlowDx
10-07-2003, 11:45 PM
Flame him for what? he's right most Asian drivers suck

GTS Jeff
10-08-2003, 12:41 AM
yea its cuz in china all we do is ride our stupid bikes with baskets over the rear wheel....no experience with automobiles!

403Gemini
10-08-2003, 01:51 AM
its that damn ABC Driving academy in chinatown passing everybody ! bah bastards lol j/k *hides behind anti-flame-wall*

its true tho, alberta driving academys needa tighten up, they let any dinks drive... fuck i knew so many CHICKS in high school that shouldnt have driven. HORRIBLE drivers. no confidence or just crazy. why the hell is their insurance lower? shit statistically we get in more accidents... well

a.) theres more male drivers on the road
b.) we swerve outta the way of the horrible female drivers

hinggu
10-08-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
Flame him for what? he's right most Asian drivers suck

4 out of the 5 times I got into accidents are with white people. I don't think it is the fact that most asians suck... just that you remeber asians more. When a white guy cuts you off, most people go eh, what ever, but when it is an asian, people are like what the hell, asians suck! I admit there are some crappy ass asian drivers out there, but there are a lot of dumb ass drivers period, not just asian.

Altezza
10-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Glad to hear you're ok. Dunno about the asian driver thing. I was rear-ended 3 times in less than 18 months...all by young caucasian females. They must all think I'm a bad driver for being stopped and patiently waiting :rofl:

4wheeldrift
10-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Based sheerly on the fact that canada is only 23% minorities, by statistical probability alone you are more likely to get into an accident from a white person. It doesn't mean that ALL white people can't drive, its just that there are more of us than there are minorities. That being said, there are a LOT of lousy drivers out of there of every nationality and race.

Focus
10-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Maybe its cause Calgary drivers suck ass!!! About 2 yrs ago we were hit head on because this dumb biatch was driving too fast (over 150) on country hills and lost control of her vw. Everyday I drive into calgary for work and every day I have to shake my head!!! :dunno:

SoSlowDx
10-08-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
its that damn ABC Driving academy in chinatown passing everybody ! bah bastards lol j/k *hides behind anti-flame-wall*

Agreed. Not only that you can buy your own damn license with the right amount of money.:banghead:

hjr
10-08-2003, 10:06 AM
well i dont know if any of you have heard of russia, but that is a weak place to drive. like china, but craker-ized. so in the end it is a stereotype.

3G
10-08-2003, 10:55 AM
Isn't it illegal to change lanes at or in an intersection?

Canadian 2.5RS
10-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Your friend will pay in the end. The same thing happened to me in BC. Some chick, east indian not that it matters, swerved around some one turning left(passed on the right side) in the lane in front of her and she hit my back end. I payed for everything, including her sudden lack of the english language when the police and her husband showed up. coincidently she developed whip lash when he showed up too.

some peoples kids.

403Gemini
10-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
Glad to hear you're ok. Dunno about the asian driver thing. I was rear-ended 3 times in less than 18 months...all by young caucasian females. They must all think I'm a bad driver for being stopped and patiently waiting :rofl:

lol told u guys!

Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
Isn't it illegal to change lanes at or in an intersection?

nope, its legal now as long as its clear.

JustinL
10-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by hinggu

4 out of the 5 times I got into accidents are with white people. I don't think it is the fact that most asians suck... just that you remeber asians more. When a white guy cuts you off, most people go eh, what ever, but when it is an asian, people are like what the hell, asians suck! I admit there are some crappy ass asian drivers out there, but there are a lot of dumb ass drivers period, not just asian.

How long have you been driving? 5 accidents seems like an awful lot for a young person.

hinggu
10-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

nope, its legal now as long as its clear.

From what I remember from driver's education, that is illegal.
My cousin actually failed his drivers because he changed lanes too close to an intersection.

hinggu
10-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by JustinL

How long have you been driving? 5 accidents seems like an awful lot for a young person.

I have been driving for like 7 years. One accidentl was my fault, but the rest were mostly from people running lights or not stopping on time.

PGTze
10-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
im fuckin lucky that my hip wasnt broken. all i got was a mouth full of glass and a fucked up back :banghead:

When my buddy crashed his van, I was in the passenger seat, I got glass all in my mouth and even in my ears, haha. Wasn't quite as bad as you might think, they werent really sharp or anything. It was like eating candy, mmmmm candy.

GT2NV
10-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

It was like eating candy, mmmmm candy.
:rofl: :rofl: lol jesus glen

403Gemini
10-08-2003, 04:23 PM

From what I remember from driver's education, that is illegal.
My cousin actually failed his drivers because he changed lanes too close to an intersection.

its been this way for around 2 years now. you can change lanes in an intersection. i could ask my dad(in-law) again but im sure he'll get pissed at me for askin twice (hes a cop :D )

AccordTypeR
10-08-2003, 04:29 PM
my friend is at at fault. but we were 3/4 the way through the intercetion when we got hit, im not sure if that matters. but the way it happend she should be at fault for driving recklessly. she wasnt stoped behind the van, she was already moving when she changed into the turning lane and went into the intercetion.

TegLover
10-08-2003, 08:01 PM
so your friend is at fault and you are trying to blame shit on the other driver...picture you and your friend at the position of the van, OF COURSE YOU WOULD SAY YOU HAD ALL THE RIGHTS and the car you hit was at fault...see i would say something bad about you and your race and if i was a women i'd defend myself...but then again i'm not a women and i will not stoop to your level cause i'm not that kind of person.

sin
10-08-2003, 08:10 PM
hey buddy go fuck yourself i was the driver
i was about 1/2 way through the turn when she lane changed from behind a turning van and sped into the back quarter of my car. When i started to turn i had no one to yield to, so i went. when sean says im at fault thats just because if i dont fight it im automatically at fault.

AccordTypeR
10-08-2003, 09:01 PM
i say hes at fault because how that law is hes is tachnically at fault. however we were almost done our turn when she enterd the intercetion making this a compleatly differnt problem

JustinL
10-08-2003, 09:27 PM
This sounds like an accident that could have easily been avoided by either party. If she was moving and there was an open lane going through the intersection. The left turning car should have considered the potential that she would go for it. Sure it's a dumb move on her part, but anticipation is the key to avoiding accidents. I can't count the number of times that I've seen some fool coming up to an intersection and you can just tell they are about to do something retarded. As a defensive driver it's up to you to stay out of their way.

Now the same goes for the lady driving through the intersection. She should have been watching too and as soon as she saw you start to move she should have taken measures to avoid you. i.e., not drive into you.

Justin

TegLover
10-08-2003, 09:43 PM
haha be as mad as you want and call me whatever you like i'm not trying to start shit here...it was your fault no matter what so face the truth.

CRX-R
10-08-2003, 10:03 PM

You've been in 5 accidents??? Did you ever stop to think maybe YOU'RE the problem, either that or you're very, very, very, very unlucky!!!

sin
10-08-2003, 10:17 PM
ok i could not have anticipated it as she was in a different lane behind a van, and contrary to popular belief im not psychic, also, i couldnt have stopped where i was or i would have been hit head on
unless you're a lawyer i dont want to here an opinion coming from someone who lacks any legal knowledge whatsoever.
if she would have lets say used her brakes, or had been watching none of this would have happened

CRX-R
10-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by sin
unless you're a lawyer i dont want to here an opinion coming from someone who lacks any legal knowledge whatsoever.
:werd:

TegLover
10-08-2003, 10:30 PM
am i a lawyer?...none of your business and technically she didn't HAVE to use her brakes to stop for YOU, Legal Knowlage? haha speak for yourself...this is gonna make it my last post anyways i don't need to share my knowlage with you.

PGTze
10-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by sin

I don't think there are many lawyers around here :dunno:. If you didn't want opinion's, then your buddy probably shouldn't have posted about it. I could be wrong, but I don't really think that this is the best place to seek legal advice:dunno:. Good luck with the case.

JustinL
10-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R

You've been in 5 accidents??? Did you ever stop to this maybe YOU'RE the problem, either that or you're very, very, very, very unlucky!!!

Heheheh That's kind of what I was getting at. I didn't say it quite so bluntly though ;)

szw
10-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by sin

if she would have lets say used her brakes, or had been watching none of this would have happened

Thats just the way it is...

I mean..i could drive into opposing traffic. The cars i'm aiming to hit could stop and pull over to the side, or slow down, but if they keep going and I hit them...or they hit me.,...its still my fault!

CRX-R
10-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by JustinL

Heheheh That's kind of what I was getting at. I didn't say it quite so bluntly though ;)

I knew where you were goin dude:thumbsup: I guess I'm just a bigger asshole :werd:

sin
10-08-2003, 11:35 PM
ok i wasnt driving into opposing traffic for one thing i was turning left through a clear lane, when she while still moving at the speed limit or more lane changed into the lane i was turning across as i was already half through my turn, and just for the record i dont want your "knowlage" if you cant even spell the damn word

hinggu
10-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R

You've been in 5 accidents??? Did you ever stop to this maybe YOU'RE the problem, either that or you're very, very, very, very unlucky!!!

I don't think I am the problem. People just keep running lights and hitting me or rearending me when I stop for a light. Maybe someone is out to get me?:dunno:
In any case, I just consider myself unlucky.

Mckenzie
10-09-2003, 09:05 AM
Its good to hear that you guys are alright. No matter who is at fault, everyone is still alive. The left turn is one of the most dangerous driving manouvers that you can make in a car. And I know exactly how you feel in saying that you had already made the turn and she came into the intersection. IT sucks and there should be a grey area for situations like this.

Also, if anyone has taken drivers ED with Young Drivers you should know that 99.9% of accidents are AVOIIDABLE, including being rear-ended and being hit by people running through lights and stop signs. Thats why they dont call them accidents......they call them collisions. ;) I have avoided many accidents by applying the skills and techniques that they taught me while in class and I am grateful that I did not take it with Jebs Driving school or some crap like that. I think you get what you pay for when it comes to drivers ED.

Luke 96 T/A
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
driver's ed... or common sense.. ;-)
learn to leave space to move up or out when you see some guy coming at you in your rear-view...
Learn to anticipate lights and slow down adequately to allow for lack of observation behind you ;-)
I've been driving for 9 years now..
I log an average of 50,000km/year cross-city driving..
and haven't been in one accident..

Mckenzie
10-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Luke 96 T/A
learn to leave space to move up or out when you see some guy coming at you in your rear-view...
Learn to anticipate lights and slow down adequately to allow for lack of observation behind you ;-)

:werd: :thumbsup:

rage2
10-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Luke 96 T/A
Excellent points. I used to think that by driving defensively, I'll never get in an accident. Unfortunately, luck will run out eventually. I was stopped at a light like a sitting duck when I got rear ended :(.

4wheeldrift
10-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Rage, I think its time you drive offensively ;) Buy a tank :devil:

Mckenzie
10-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Excellent points. I used to think that by driving defensively, I'll never get in an accident. Unfortunately, luck will run out eventually. I was stopped at a light like a sitting duck when I got rear ended :(.

I agree. When you drive defensively and you dont get into any accidents you get complacent. Then you seem to forget your skills and then bad stuff starts to heppen. I think the best thing to do is just develop good habits.

wontonjohnny
10-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Based sheerly on the fact that canada is only 23% minorities, by statistical probability alone you are more likely to get into an accident from a white person. It doesn't mean that ALL white people can't drive, its just that there are more of us than there are minorities. That being said, there are a LOT of lousy drivers out of there of every nationality and race.

yeah but that doesnt mean the entire poplation has a vehical...
i would think that the ratio of asian people having a car is greater than cocasians

and for what i think about the accident is your friend needs to learn how to drive... just because the intersection was clear doesnt mean your free to proceed espcially if your view of on comming traffic was blocked by a van

link785
10-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by wontonjohnny
just because the intersection was clear doesnt mean your free to proceed

So if the intersection is clear, we shouldn't proceed? And if the intersection is not clear, we shouldn't proceed either? Ummmmmmmm, so when exactly do we proceed? :dunno:

TegLover
10-11-2003, 08:13 PM
WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO...DUH...just cause it is clear doesn't mean its got to be safe...For example:pedestrian or cyclists may also be crossing, or a VAN behind another VAN may cut out at any given time.

Fiery_Ramen
10-12-2003, 01:07 AM
ahha u should see my (asian) mom drive... she cannot parrelel at all

Skyline_Addict
10-26-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Mike09
Buddy, Good to hear your not seriously hurt, but dude you're going to get flamed for this!

hey hey, no one is going to get flamed.
we're all just happy that he's ok!