PDA

View Full Version : FS: Broken Dell XPS M1210

bobafixed
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Broken Dell laptop... XPS M1210 i believe is the model name. 1 year and 3-4 months old and only had a 1 year warranty on it... go figure.

I dont know much about computer hardware, but I had a friend look at it briefly and said the video card isn't working properly. He said I probably need to replace the video card and it'll work just fine.

The laptop has the following problem:

When you power on the laptop, there is nothing on the screen at all. All the LED lights come on, the fan comes on and you can hear the cd spinning if it's in the tray. No matter what we've tried, the screen is blank.

I dont want to spend anymore money this to fix it, so if anyone wants it for spare parts or thinks they can fix it, it's all yours.

Computer specs...

1.8 core 2 duo
nvidia go 7400
2 gigs of ram
80 gig harddrive
2x extended life batteries (9 cell li or something)

Computer looks mint, no scratches, no greasy keyboard/touchpad.
Attached a USB mouse/keyboard to it the entire time I owned it.

$250.

I'm fairly firm on the price, if i can't get close to what im asking for then I'll be donating it to charity.

Cheers

Sophal
02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Have you tried hooking it up to an external monitor?

bobafixed
02-03-2009, 09:05 PM
gave that a try, still a black screen :(

punky
02-04-2009, 09:13 AM
you might have a faulty nvidia graphic processor. At one point my mac had this too, because nvidia released a bunch of faulty graphic chip. My apple warranty got extended to 2 year for the graphic card, you might want to give dell a call and see if you're lucky as well.

lewdvig
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Punky is right. I am almost positive you can get this fixed under warranty - better call Dell.