PDA

View Full Version : Subs in a Murano?

Tarrantula
02-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Even though I worked in car audio for a few years, I still dont know much about Bose(tm) stereo's.. all I know is they suck.

Unfortunately the Murano im looking at buying has one.. and apparently the controls in the console are run through the deck.. so I cant remove it.

How the fuck am i supposed to run a decent sub? (2X 1000W rms) off this p.o.s?

Can I run an amp just off the speaker wires and use a crossover to chop the top end?

What am I going to do with the 4 channel I have? can I still run a 4 channel off the speaker outputs of the bose deck? or am I fucked?

dsbooyah
02-04-2009, 08:43 AM
is your sub bridgable to 2 channels?if so all you need to do is get a line converter that goes from high input to rca and get signal from back speakers. On the sub end , you would connect your sub speaker wires to the bridged connection (normally would be a + from a left channel and - from a right channel FRONTS and so on for rear). Your amp should have a diagram on it. This i might say will not sound the best, but if you are trying to keep a factory setup with aftermarket sub+amp, your options are very limited.

Tarrantula
02-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah I know I could use a line converter.. they just sound like shit so I was hoping someone would have an idea other than installing a second deck in the car somewhere ha ha.

No its not bridgable. Its a D class amp.. there all internally bridged.

Im not trying to keep the factory setup.. i dont have a choice unless i dont want my centre console to work. all the temp controls and everything are wired through the factory deck in there. I would take it out if I could.

jonny_q13
02-04-2009, 09:18 AM
look at a mtx re-q5, rockford 3sixty, or jl cleansweep. use the factory amp output as input for one of the processors then hook up all your amps to that.

Tarrantula
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jonny_q13
look at a mtx re-q5, rockford 3sixty, or jl cleansweep. use the factory amp output as input for one of the processors then hook up all your amps to that.

Thanks, thats more towards what I was looking for. Damn Bose stereo's..

Jeremiah
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Since when the fuck did Bose suck?

em2ab
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Are you going for SPL or SQL? If you're going for SQL you might want something a little smaller.

Tony2
02-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by jonny_q13

A better option would be Audio Control DQL-8 (http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/231512/OEM-Integration/DQL--8-Eight-Channel-Line-Output-Converter-with-Auxiliary-Input-and-Digital-Signal-Processing.html) , it allows for way more flexibility and overall better performance. Have your installer put this piece in, tune the system with an RTA, and the possibilities are infinite!!

Tony2

Tarrantula
02-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Since when the fuck did Bose suck?

Ask that question to any reputible car audio place and you will be there for weeks. They are horribly overdone systems that have no comparison to entry level aftermarket.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-04-2009, 05:39 PM
What subs are you running?
I have did a murano with a line converter but only to power a sub amp and 15" sub. IT sounded fine but not the best for running front stage off of. The Audio Control or JL sweep are your best bets for sure.

KyleTA
02-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I have a 04 murano, it has the best sounding factory stereo of anything i have ever owned, ive had aftermarket stereos in cars that didnt sound near as good, there is also some kind of sub in the spare tire well and the bass is really good, not enough to rattle every bolt loose in the vehicle, but its definitely a great sounding stereo system.

The way the stereo is worked into the display screen and the steering wheel controls, personally i wouldn't fuck with it, you will probably just end up with a headache.

BananaFob
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Tony2

A better option would be Audio Control DQL-8 (http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/231512/OEM-Integration/DQL--8-Eight-Channel-Line-Output-Converter-with-Auxiliary-Input-and-Digital-Signal-Processing.html) , it allows for way more flexibility and overall better performance. Have your installer put this piece in, tune the system with an RTA, and the possibilities are infinite!!

Tony2

I would second this option. I have the JL Cleansweep in my Mazdaspeed3 with bose and I actually needed two seperate Cleansweep parts, the DSP and the Signal Summing Device. It's kind of a pain in the ass as you're not supposed to use your steering wheel/dash volume controls anymore. It sounds really good, but for the price I wish I had just gone with the DQL-8.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by BananaFob

I would second this option. I have the JL Cleansweep in my Mazdaspeed3 with bose and I actually needed two seperate Cleansweep parts, the DSP and the Signal Summing Device. It's kind of a pain in the ass as you're not supposed to use your steering wheel/dash volume controls anymore. It sounds really good, but for the price I wish I had just gone with the DQL-8.

Hows that all working out for you? :thumbsup: :thumbsdow :thumbsup: :thumbsdow

Tarrantula
02-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ///LOUD LOAD\\\
What subs are you running?
I have did a murano with a line converter but only to power a sub amp and 15" sub. IT sounded fine but not the best for running front stage off of. The Audio Control or JL sweep are your best bets for sure.

Two MTX 9500-44's, off two MTX 1501D's from O gauge with 2 5 farad caps.

You know.. small system pushing 2000w rms :D

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

Two MTX 9500-44's, off two MTX 1501D's from O gauge with 2 5 farad caps.

You know.. small system pushing 2000w rms :D

Very cool. Will we see you at any shows this year? I really wished more guys with nice systems like this would compete. :)

Tarrantula
02-05-2009, 07:35 AM

Very cool. Will we see you at any shows this year? I really wished more guys with nice systems like this would compete. :)

If I can get it running nicely through the stereo.. I may.. Ive never ran it at a comp before though.

That and I will need a nice install.. cant look like a bum with 5000$ worth of equip.

BananaFob
02-05-2009, 08:29 AM

Hows that all working out for you? :thumbsup: :thumbsdow :thumbsup: :thumbsdow

It's so so. I have a few problems with the setup, no fault to the actual parts. I have some nasty alternator whine that I can't figure out and I don't think my bass is as clean as it should be.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by BananaFob

It's so so. I have a few problems with the setup, no fault to the actual parts. I have some nasty alternator whine that I can't figure out and I don't think my bass is as clean as it should be.

I should check that out for you one of these days here then maybe if you want. Cant have my guys unhappy.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM

If I can get it running nicely through the stereo.. I may.. Ive never ran it at a comp before though.

That and I will need a nice install.. cant look like a bum with 5000$ worth of equip.

hahaa Dude you need to start coming to competitions then!!! :rofl: Most guys have the ugliest installs but are loud as funk! I like keeping my systems clean and neat but 80% of competitors dont look so hot. So even if you havent got it cleaned up in time for a show dont be ashamed you will actually fit in. lol :thumbsup:

BananaFob
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM

I should check that out for you one of these days here then maybe if you want. Cant have my guys unhappy.

Whenever you're free :)

Tarrantula
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM

hahaa Dude you need to start coming to competitions then!!! :rofl: Most guys have the ugliest installs but are loud as funk! I like keeping my systems clean and neat but 80% of competitors dont look so hot. So even if you havent got it cleaned up in time for a show dont be ashamed you will actually fit in. lol :thumbsup:

My only fear is because its a daily driver.. someone will try and break into it.

What happened to all the decent systems in calgary?! Everyone is running like.. fucking Sony 12's and is all like "WOOT WOOT" in there sunfire.. its a disgrace.

5fivespeed
02-05-2009, 01:46 PM

My only fear is because its a daily driver.. someone will try and break into it.

What happened to all the decent systems in calgary?! Everyone is running like.. fucking Sony 12's and is all like "WOOT WOOT" in there sunfire.. its a disgrace.

Just turn it down at places that could potentially target the car. Such as malls, communities and all. That's what I do. Also - IMO it's a Murano, most of them look all the same and the window tint w/ the privacy cover for the rear should be able to hide your setup.

Tarrantula
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 5fivespeed

Just turn it down at places that could potentially target the car. Such as malls, communities and all. That's what I do. Also - IMO it's a Murano, most of them look all the same and the window tint w/ the privacy cover for the rear should be able to hide your setup.

um.. i am going to have to take the privacy cover off... these subs are 11 3/4" tall.. and im not firing them sideways.. straight up!!

But i do agree with keeping it on the DL.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-05-2009, 02:47 PM

You dont have a alarm or any insurance coverage on your system? I have been competing since 2003 and i have never ran into that issue. Unless the person follows you home after the show they shouldnt know where you live. Plus the people at the shows are not thiefs they are audio enthusiasts. Some of my best friends i have met at car audio comps. :thumbsup:

Tarrantula
02-05-2009, 02:49 PM

You dont have a alarm or any insurance coverage on your system? I have been competing since 2003 and i have never ran into that issue. Unless the person follows you home after the show they shouldnt know where you live. Plus the people at the shows are not thiefs they are audio enthusiasts. Some of my best friends i have met at car audio comps. :thumbsup:

I have an alarm.. but fuck insurance.. you have to pay more if your system is worth more than 1000$ or something through state farm.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-05-2009, 03:04 PM

I have an alarm.. but fuck insurance.. you have to pay more if your system is worth more than 1000$ or something through state farm.

Ouch change insurance. Im with wawanessa and i have $10,000 in coverage on mine doesnt cost a thing more with full coverage on the vehicle.

Tarrantula
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I heard td MM is pretty good, but i have no idea where they are.. or how easy it is to change insurance providers.

5fivespeed
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Wow, those are large! What kind of tint are you running?

Tarrantula
02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Limo.

Look them up and you will realize how large they are..

5fivespeed
02-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Limo.

Look them up and you will realize how large they are..

If they can't see through the tint, they can't steal em :). Good thing is, the Murano looks like a ordinary commuter vehicle.

Tarrantula
02-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 5fivespeed

If they can't see through the tint, they can't steal em :). Good thing is, the Murano looks like a ordinary commuter vehicle.

Well the only problem I had was when they were in my civic.. it dropped the rear like.. 2.5 inches. ha ha. looked like I lowered the back. ha ha ha

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-08-2009, 01:24 AM
I heard td MM is pretty good, but i have no idea where they are.. or how easy it is to change insurance providers.

Simple as making a few calls.
If you want to compare subs you need to look at the subs i ran last year. :eek:

Tarrantula
02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
What did you run last year?

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-09-2009, 10:42 AM
6 of these in 12" 80 pounds each.

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/level5.html

Tarrantula
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Well SHIT! thats only like.. 6 times better than running two 12's at only 1000w rms.. jesus. Level 5's? Thats crazy. Van?

///LOUD LOAD\\\
02-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Not a van no. I had posted some pics and vids of it on here a while ago.
Like my sig says at dB Drag world finals finished 3rd loudest in north america, would have came 2nd but my window came out in the first round cost me some dBs.
But ya these are some serious subs.
the new setup for this year will be 8 15" of the lv 4 XLs. :clap: