corner of 10th st and memorial.
http://www.tengrill.com/

Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4.5/5
Food: 4/5
Value: 4/5
Overall: 4/5**

Summary:

The GF and I went out to eat, although we have driven past this place numerous times we never have tried it or heard about anyone else trying it.

Decided to give it a go.

Introduction:

Located almost in DT its just on 10th st and memorial across from julio barrios (sp). Pretty plan on the outside, with just a small sign above the door. There was a menu fold out with their specials displayed at the door.

Walking into the place we found it to be empty except 2 other parties. One couple and another women sipping on coffee.

Service:

We were greeted right away from our server Meghan, from what i could see she was the only server there...but thats alright, she gave us the option of sitting either in the dining area or casual area.

We chose the dining area but to get there you have to walk into the the casual area.

Even though Meghan was the only server there she was always ontop of everything, the GF's or my drink was never empty. Food
was server promptly, quite fast actually within about five minutes which was good but probably cause there was no one else there.

Meghan was quite knowledgable bout the wines and the menu.

Atmosphere:

The atmosphere of this place is pretty trendy, with green lighting and cloth napkins.

Quite enjoyable and relaxing, seemed like a pretty good place to chill and have a few drinks too.

Perfect date like atmosphere, music wasn't too loud but you could hear it. Sitting isn't cramped.

Food:

Food is ranging from $5 to $40 dollers.

Even though we didn't try any entree's (not to hungry at the moment, we ordered some appetizers.

We had the...
sizzling prawns
Portobello Fritters
and a Seafood Platter (had wonton encrusted prawns, this lobster and avocado salad, calamari and two dipping sauces, one was their banana ketchup (REALLY good, its sweet like plum sauce yet has a nice spicy kick.) and the other i cant remember but it was also good, kinda sour tasting yet sweet)

and we shared the creme brule (sp) for dessert.

Conclusion:

The GF and I were pretty happy, had a nice time, it was pretty chill LOL.

Nice and comfortable atmoshpere yet trendy, the bill came to $67 something with tip came to $87 and change.

For now I can't totally judge since i havent had any of the entrees, but ill definitely keep this place on my list for a place to chill and eat some appez

stevieo
02-04-2009, 05:41 PM
last time i ordered food there it took forever to come out. damn and they don't have any bbq sauce for their steaks or ketchup for their fries haha.

ChrisV
03-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I was just there a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately it was very quiet there, ie... we were the only table in the place. Food was quite good, service was absolutely awesome. The flavor was a little different from what you would typically find in a place like this. It seemed like they put a little eextra effort into it to bring it to the next level, which seemed to work quite well. I just wish it was busier, to get a true feel for the atmosphere there. I do recommend it though.

pinoyhero
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Thought it was OK, just another "trendy place" that charges a bit more and doesn't relly stand out from the crowd IMO.

Isaiah
03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I went when it first opened. It's owned by the same people as Broken Plate, and I found the food and service to be consistent with their other locations. Not fantastic, but better than average. I recall the we ordered a salad with mussels and they were undercooked.

max_boost
05-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Drove by there yesterday and it has since been closed down and replaced with a sportsbar.

GQBalla
05-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah to bad they closed down. They didn't have the greatest advertising though