PDA

View Full Version : Winter Driving Range

Neil4Speed
02-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey Guys,

Wanted to polish up on my swing before spring hits, any of you guys know of a driving range in the NW which is open during the winter?

n1zm0
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
McCowan's dome, not NW tho lol, is that place even open anymore??

I remember you can hit the back wall of the tent every single hit, but better than in the snow.

deee_wreck
02-04-2009, 03:36 PM
http://www.eaglequestgolf.com/Golf_Courses/Calgary_Dome/default.aspx

small place but alright

Marsh
02-04-2009, 08:41 PM
the bubble by fox hollow, 9 bucks on sunday nights. can't beat that

cmodem
02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
domes:

mcgowan's down by chinook
eaglequest at fox hollow

full outdoors there is two:

harvet hills driving range
rcga on glenmore and deerfoot

Since your in the nw your lucky the harvest hills one is open and probably the closest. They only have a 7 heated stalls i believe.

Impreza
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
^Those outdoor places are open in the winter??

~Leah~
02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Yep they are, and it is marvellous ... I hate hitting in the domes.

dezmarez
02-14-2009, 01:14 PM
is it cold when you go?
what kind of heater do they use?
like giant space heaters?
or would it be like hitting out of your living room?

cmodem
02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
depends on the day... anything below -10 is sketch.

But above that is good. The heaters are like patio heaters but think racked above your head. Most houses use forced air heating but the heaters their are like convection i think?? Pretty much your like a freaking mcdonald's hamburger under a heat lamp ahha.

If it's too cold be careful bringing out the driver and woods don't want to crack the head or anything.

asp integra
02-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
McCowan's dome, not NW tho lol, is that place even open anymore??

I remember you can hit the back wall of the tent every single hit, but better than in the snow.

ya my family owns it, and yes its still open!

ee_ee
02-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by cmodem
depends on the day... anything below -10 is sketch.

But above that is good. The heaters are like patio heaters but think racked above your head. Most houses use forced air heating but the heaters their are like convection i think?? Pretty much your like a freaking mcdonald's hamburger under a heat lamp ahha.

If it's too cold be careful bringing out the driver and woods don't want to crack the head or anything.

do u know if they still open, i called them but automatic answering said mini golf is closed for the season, but never mention the driving range.
also how much for it?
thx

sullygully
02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Theres a really cool place that has vitrual golf. Its called Schanks Sports Bar. You have a selection of golf courses to choose from, and you hit in to a screen(kinda like golf town). You can play 18 holes, drink, and eat all at the same time.

cmodem
02-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ee_ee

do u know if they still open, i called them but automatic answering said mini golf is closed for the season, but never mention the driving range.
also how much for it?
thx

Yep i was there three weeks ago when it was like 4 degrees outside.

I asked the guy they said they are open all winter.

It's 12 bucks for a bucket (like most places) and you can buy a 10 pass card for i forget how much.