PDA

View Full Version : Kramer Mazda Fraud!

mazdafan77
02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Just a heads up for anyone planning to purchase a vehicle from Kramer Mazda in Calgary. I bought my CX-7 from Kramer Mazda. The salesman was amazing! no problems there. But when i purchased my vehicle they never gave me a inspection sheet with the car. A week down the road i have had to take it back to the dealership cause the car shakes like hell. I asked the used car manager for a copy of the inspection sheet. He neglected to provide the inspection report.
SO i take the car in to get an inspection done. The car had no balancing done, there is a damaged oil pan, they tried to blame me for "repairing" the oil pan.

While they were doing the inspection i stood at the window to watch the mechanic do the inspection.

I got the inspection back and they said that everything is fine except the damaged oil pan. So i booked the car to have it come back in the next day to get it fixed. They have the car all day and they call me to tell me the suspension is fucked.
so i refer to my inspection sheet and the mechanic checked off saying the suspension is fine. They were also the people who tried to repair my oil pan but fucked it up and made it worse.

So long story short they sold me a vehicle without a saftey inspection.

They misled me saying that the vehicle was inspected and everything is good> but really the vehicle has some major work to be done on it. Carfax report comes back with a totally clean title.

I feel that they frauded me by selling me a vehicle that wasnt up to spec.
Can anyone give me further info about selling a car without an inspection
Its a 2008 CX-7 with 30 000 kms

Tik-Tok
02-04-2009, 05:14 PM
http://www.programs.alberta.ca/Living/Dynamic.aspx?N=770+667+672&id=1917

ercchry
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
should have got a 3rd party inspection done.... why would you trust the people selling the car to you that it is fine :nut:

call amvic and see what they have to say

BlackArcher101
02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
It is YOUR responsiblity to do a 3rd party inspection if they don't provide one before the sale is final.

I don't think there is any fraud here. Carfax is useless btw, get a carproof.net report ASAP.

Redlyne_mr2
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Third party inspections are not required when purchasing the vehicle from a dealership. The dealership is required to do their own inspection and repair anything that needs to be repaired before they can put the vehicle up for sale. I'm not sure what could be messed up on the suspension and oil pan since the car is just over a year old but regardless it should all be under warranty.

whiskas
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
My guess is the car smoked a curb and they did a crappy job repairing it. Carfax is useless in Canada, get a report from carproof.

Generic
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Third party inspections are not required when purchasing the vehicle from a dealership. The dealership is required to do their own inspection and repair anything that needs to be repaired before they can put the vehicle up for sale. I'm not sure what could be messed up on the suspension and oil pan since the car is just over a year old but regardless it should all be under warranty.

bingo

ShermanEF9
02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Similar thing happed to my mom in the early days of south deerfoot suzuki. Inspection came back with brake pads at 90% life left, two weeks later theres a grinding and the brakepads were so worn out they destroyed the rotors. Just goes to show never trust a dealership

skylinegtr20
02-04-2009, 06:03 PM
It is Illegal for a company to sell a motor vehicle in Alberta without a Inspection. Contact AMVIC asap and they will get everything sorted out for you.

In the end AMVIC will make them pay for the repairs and likely fine them a large amount of cash.

adam c
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM
when will you people listen and STOP USING CARFAX jesus christ

how many times does it have to be said over and over again NOT TO USE CARFAX, IT'S AMERICAN
USE CARPROOF IT'S CANADIAN

ricosuave
02-04-2009, 09:11 PM
isnt there a 'walk away' clause of 7 days in every dealership vehicle sale or something?

Nix87
02-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by skylinegtr20
It is Illegal for a company to sell a motor vehicle in Alberta without a Inspection. Contact AMVIC asap and they will get everything sorted out for you.

In the end AMVIC will make them pay for the repairs and likely fine them a large amount of cash.

I work at Kramer, i'm not the salesperson in the situation, but Kramer does provide Carproof reports with all used vehicles and all the customers do sign a large stamp on every bill of sale saying they recieved a true copy of the inspection. Why you would sign that and take delivery without the inspection in hand is beyond me...

skylinegtr20
02-04-2009, 11:15 PM
It doesn't matter if he signed anything or not. It's up to the dealership to supply all paperwork and have everything in proper order to sell the vehicle. If an inspection form is left out, its up to the dealership to make it available and it is up to the dealership to have the vehicle up to proper standards & state anything the vehicle might need.

mazdafan I suggest contacting AMVIC, stating what happened and they will take it from there.

Good luck.

justincalgary
02-04-2009, 11:55 PM
It is the responsibility of the dealership to provide a certificate of mechanical inspection...but they aren't responsible to fix it.

All that they have to do is let you know what is wrong and then it is up to you to buy or not.

Since they didn't do this, AMVIC will do an investigation and easily take your side on this and have them re-imburse any costs to you and give them a fine.

2EFNFAST
02-05-2009, 01:05 AM
How good can an inspection really be though?

When I traded my mustang in it was back on the lot and 'mechanically certified' within days.

Unfortunately the tranny was almost finished because of a shift kit, and the speedo was off by 10% (i went to steeper gearing and never bothered to have it re-tuned/re-speedo-geared). Great inspection :nut:

Nix87
02-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by skylinegtr20
It doesn't matter if he signed anything or not. It's up to the dealership to supply all paperwork and have everything in proper order to sell the vehicle. If an inspection form is left out, its up to the dealership to make it available and it is up to the dealership to have the vehicle up to proper standards & state anything the vehicle might need.

mazdafan I suggest contacting AMVIC, stating what happened and they will take it from there.

Good luck.

Your right it is up to the dealership, I believe an inspection was eventually supplied, while the issues are at discretion between the customer and the service department, signing a document stating you recieved something and not having it in hand is odd. It's like signing a bill of sale and not taking the car....i'm sure it will eventually be solved to the customers satisfaction.

FilthyMcNasty
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Ya i heard the mechanic there is gay. His name starts with an L.

justincalgary
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by FilthyMcNasty
Ya i heard the mechanic there is gay. His name starts with an L.

What are you 10 years old???

Mr_ET
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
isnt there a 'walk away' clause of 7 days in every dealership vehicle sale or something?

there is if the buyer is still within that timeframe get them to fix anything that is wrong free of charge. After that you're SOL if the car has damage other than something covered under warranty and normal wear.

President Obama
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I work in the shop there but am not entitled to say what happened with this car due to losing my job. A friend called me up telling me about this thread and I did not know it was yours till he explained the problems with the car and it clicked which cx-7 it was.

But i would like to know what suspension was damaged. but once again am not entitled to say what i believe is right or wrong.

kaput
02-10-2009, 09:01 AM

Kona9
02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by President Obama
I work in the shop there but am not entitled to say what happened with this car due to losing my job. A friend called me up telling me about this thread and I did not know it was yours till he explained the problems with the car and it clicked which cx-7 it was.

But i would like to know what suspension was damaged. but once again am not entitled to say what i believe is right or wrong.

So you made an account to tell us you know of the vehicle and "a" situation regarding it, yet you can't say anything? Why make the effort to be useless?

Fuck people are retarded.

:facepalm:

President Obama
02-11-2009, 12:12 AM
No i didn't make this account just now. Its been around for a while lol.

But would you risk your job because of something you said on the internet?? probably not. Nor can i voice my true opinion on the matter.

From what i know, the customer should have felt vibration in the steering wheel just after delivery and should have turned around and dealt with the issues.

But i am actually suprised to hear that they blamed him for the issues. I am mostly interested in getting the story from the OP and hearing who he dealt with to say that it was his fault.

mazdafan77
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
AMVIC took the case. Mazda did not supply a mechanical fitness certificate, they broke the law. Kramer Mazda... you fucked up, and its time to admit to it.
And NIX87-- just because you work there, doesnt mean you have to defend them. You know kramer fucks people around. Just becuase I am a girl, doesnt mean you can fuck with me, I wasnt born yesterday. They made a huge mistake, and I caught them.

403Gemini
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by mazdafan77
AMVIC took the case. Mazda did not supply a mechanical fitness certificate, they broke the law. Kramer Mazda... you fucked up, and its time to admit to it.
And NIX87-- just because you work there, doesnt mean you have to defend them. You know kramer fucks people around. Just becuase I am a girl, doesnt mean you can fuck with me, I wasnt born yesterday. They made a huge mistake, and I caught them.

Whoa whoa whoa... lets back this up

You're a girl?

Pics? :D

scat19
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Whoa whoa whoa... lets back this up

You're a girl?

Pics? :D

ding ding ding

a lady who doesn't take shit! :bigpimp:

adam c
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
403Gemini aren't you a girl too?

Nix87
02-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by mazdafan77

How was I defending them? I agree an inspection should have been supplied at delivery. I was just wondering why a document was signed stating you recieved one when you didn't? They did admit it and your vehicle was inspected was it not? Probably why the issues had been discovered, I can't speak for the service department and it's too bad you've come across issues with them. If there was any way I could help I would be glad too but I wasn't the salesperson invovled.

P.S.
I don't think anyone had the intention of fucking you over because your a girl, especially one that everyone knows is involved in the industry herself.

403Gemini
02-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by adam c
403Gemini aren't you a girl too?
tee hee

... no. That certainlly explains your PM's... i thought you were just a raging homo... ;) j/k

A79O
02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

403Gemini
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by A79O
A girl hey? You sound like a guy judging from your posts.

I AM A GUY! oh wait, you meant the OP?

clem24
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Nice! Love consumer victories.

Oil pan and suspension.... Sounds like the car ran over something, like a high cement barrier in a parking lot.

01RedDX
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM

clem24
02-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Yes you can!

Well I can totally see where he's coming from. At this moment, it would suck to lose your job, and I would assume this applies esp. at a car dealership, even at servicing. It's the managers that calls the shots, the peons are usually at their mercy. Such is life. But.. If President Obama was so scared of losing his job, I'd like to know why he doesn't just keep his mouth shut instead of posting on a forum where everyone can see and possibly adding fuel to the fire. Unless he truly does care... Who knows. :dunno:

President Obama
02-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I do care about the situation because imo it wasn't dealt in the right way. Mazdafan pm'd me and am waiting on a response. i would like to hear more details from their side.

mikle51
02-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Many Mazda owners with faulty transmission have asked about filing a class action suit against the company. Unfortunately, such suits are almost never successful.
http://www.zmetro.com/archives/2007miatajz.jpg

President Obama
02-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by mikle51
Many Mazda owners with faulty transmission have asked about filing a class action suit against the company. Unfortunately, such suits are almost never successful.

what do you mean about a faulty transmission??? 90% of the transmissions we replace are warrenty mazda 3 transmissions. Why? because the transmission used in the mazda 3 loves to burn transmission fluid rather quickly and the harder you drive the car, the faster it burns. I have seen mazda 3's with burnt transmission fluid at 25,000km's. Than we reccomend a flush. The last transmission R&R that i did had fluid that was pitch black and the car only had 50,000km's on it. Remember they aren't sport cars, they are economic cars that weren't built to take hard abuse.

Besides that only other transmission that we have rebuilt has been from customer abuse with a manual transmission.

We do cover alot under warrenty, why do you think mazda extended the rx-8 warrenty for the motor to 180,000km's?

plus to get a new transmission for free because you neglected to take care of your car is a good deal. like any company we try to take care of our customers and this is why i am interested in this case due to the km's on the car and the fact that the owner only owned it for a week before issues arised.

yanivbar
02-14-2009, 07:47 PM
My wife loves her Mazda 3. But then again, she doesn't shit bag it like every other young fool out there. Its a 4 door sedan for god sakes.

Also, you need to learn the definition of fraud.

A790
02-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I AM A GUY! oh wait, you meant the OP?
No, someone was wanting to troll hard tonight. :rofl: I wonder if I can sue for him using my likeness without my permission? ;)

Hakkola
02-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by A790

No, someone was wanting to troll hard tonight. :rofl: I wonder if I can sue for him using my likeness without my permission? ;)

Hilarious, I had to look a couple times to figure out it was an O instead of 0. Was wondering wtf was going on. :rofl:

88jbody
02-14-2009, 09:05 PM
amvic is the best place to contact when you buy from any dealer new or used and they are doing anything shady.

if this ends up going to court and is found indeed the story in the first post in correct the dealer will be given 2 options fix it all, or buy it back at the selling price plus any money the OP spent on the car.

the vibration if it took a week to show up for the OP it is not the dealers fault, becasue at the time they had the car it was not there, but they should balance the tires free of charge. wheel weights can come off or move on the rim, this is probably what happened.

as far as the oil pan I would say that should have been caught on an inspection of the car, the dealer should simply balance the tires and replace the pan as good will IMO

I have been a tech at dealers and private shops. and even in buying from a dealer a inspection from a non envolved shop is the best. and if any shop you go to will not probably make up repairs if they know it is a pre-purchace becasue you don't own it yet so they have no chance selling you work

where I work charges $99.95 for a inspection like that 300pt pre-purchace. and for extra charge can even do a compresion test(really only needed if buying a higher milage car)

but amvic will help you