PDA

View Full Version : Who does really great custom sound system installs in Calgary?

GoShogun
10-08-2003, 12:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to who I should go to for a good quality, custom sound system install for a fair price in Calgary. Anybody wanna share their experiences? Should I got to the big names like Soundsaround or Visions or are there some really good smaller shops in town?

Illusionsir
10-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Hands down, i would say lional at Visions NW, he sits down with you and designs the entire stereo with you and gives you progress reports the whole way through it. As for quality, he took home countless awards this season for his team hitting the highest DB at the DB drag races at most of the events this year.

He can do anything you want from wild to mild at a VERY fair price!

pm me for more details.

GoShogun
10-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Oh, and before you start blasting me for not using the search, I already did and didn't come up with anything too useful, so that's why I am asking.

Davetronz
10-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
Hands down, i would say lional at Visions NW, he sits down with you and designs the entire stereo with you and gives you progress reports the whole way through it. As for quality, he took home countless awards this season for his team hitting the highest DB at the DB drag races at most of the events this year.

pm me for more details.
I have heard good things as well...

aftermarket
10-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Even try the guys at Audio Concepts. They did my install and I think they can do something for you without spending an arm and a leg to do what you want.:burnout:

88CRX
10-08-2003, 02:33 PM
do it yourself :dunno: its not hard at all

ryder_23
10-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by GoShogun
Oh, and before you start blasting me for not using the search, I already did and didn't come up with anything too useful, so that's why I am asking.

havnt really seen much of this posted anyways...but good someone learnd to use the search, lol.

sandman
10-08-2003, 02:40 PM
go to Alarmtec
jus ask for Joe, and say shorty witht the corolla and his friend sent u...

12V
10-08-2003, 04:44 PM
I can build/create any custom install you want. Pm me and let me know what you are looking for.

Talies R
10-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by sandman
go to Alarmtec
jus ask for Joe, and say shorty witht the corolla and his friend sent u...

umm :confused:

KoukiS14
10-08-2003, 05:07 PM
AudioConcepts is the way to go.

t"raver1"smith
10-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
do it yourself :dunno: its not hard at all

famous last words.

hands down, and keep in mind i was an installer, if had to take my car to anyone other than myself. i would have to say that the best installers in Ab are....
Rob Willis and Paul @ impressions auto designz
JT @ soundsaround
Travis Gustavsen @ installation station / red deer

i only do my own work now, but i don't have a shop to work in. if i had to take my shit elsewhere......these are the only guys to go to, and i've got thirteen years in the buss. to back my .02

sandman
10-12-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Talies R

umm :confused:

yea they can rmemebr ppl by the cars they drive way better than names, and since its right by my buddies house, we'd always send ppl along with him for like the last 4 months, has a corrla, and is short, henceforth the name, but, anwyayssay faraz and hanif if it makes u feel better lol
they'll hook u up nicely and do a wicked job
if interested PM me and we'll work somehting out bout when u can go there and ill come or my buddy along w u if uwant...

EnRich
10-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Audio Concepts... Their a little more pricey than others though... Good is not cheap, cheap is not good

Rich

Ben
10-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Audio Concepts... Their a little more pricey than others though... Good is not cheap, cheap is not good

Rich

:werd:

These guys did amazing work on my buddies TL-S

GT2NV
10-13-2003, 12:06 AM
its all personal preferance, i say A&B sound in shawnessy

EK 2.0
10-13-2003, 12:19 AM
Quasie and Frank at Future Shop N.E.

12V
10-13-2003, 02:12 PM
I would have to say the ultimate best custom installer specially with fiberglass would have to be Trent McIsaac.

civicrider
10-13-2003, 02:52 PM
millenium auto trendz has made some awsome fiberglass systems, that look and sound awsome.

Hollywood
10-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Auto dream. Ngyen is a good guy.

sandman
10-13-2003, 03:23 PM
^^^ cant argue with him there on that one,

02bump'nWRX
10-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by t"raver1"smith

famous last words.

hands down, and keep in mind i was an installer, if had to take my car to anyone other than myself. i would have to say that the best installers in Ab are....
Rob Willis and Paul @ impressions auto designz
JT @ soundsaround
Travis Gustavsen @ installation station / red deer

i only do my own work now, but i don't have a shop to work in. if i had to take my shit elsewhere......these are the only guys to go to, and i've got thirteen years in the buss. to back my .02

Tavis is the SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he did my stereo and i've been around his shop long enough to see alot of other installs that he did that look amazing. pretty cool that he's known in Calgary for his work!
Also his brother in law Jay just started at the visions on macloed (by the crappy tire) he is also a great installer

Gondi Stylez
10-17-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir

pm me for more details.

:werd: lional is awsome, he hooked me up w/ a job when i used to work with him at a&b and he was an excellent installer, also a good client of my dads!! :thumbsup: for lional

Gondi Stylez
10-17-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
its all personal preferance, i say A&B sound in shawnessy

hahahahaha matt good ol' a&b sounds days!! hahahahaha, that place was sweet.... water fights and all!!:rofl:

Hash_man
10-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Even try the guys at Audio Concepts. They did my install and I think they can do something for you without spending an arm and a leg to do what you want.

Yup....

Rich

Thats one mistake people make when thinking of audio concepts. They can do a system on a budjet too... And the guys there are great too, very helpfull, and dont judge you, which was a nice change from all the other places like a&b, future shop... etc.

One of the main reasons that people think audio concepts is pricey, is because they are one of the only places in the city that sell high end stuff like Focal, audison....

Chrisw
10-21-2003, 10:14 PM
just do it yourself.......I fiberglassed a sub into my trunk and I love it. I was strapped for cash so I did it my self, and eveytime I take it to a car audio shop....they allways say the same thing "NICE box!".....it's really easy....and cheap if YOU do it.

Barlow
10-24-2003, 10:08 AM
whatever he wants cutom, s in i think he wants the boc built in to his tire well, and shit, but yeah I agee with lusion SIR man, lyonel did mine, he walked me through it gave me ideas, and then when the seller, touched the paint and made it clotchy, he sanded it all completep;y down and repainted it all, lyonel and visions crowfoot, i hear the dude at soundsaround 32nd isn;t that bad either, he has done some nice installs

Paul
10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 12V
I would have to say the ultimate best custom installer specially with fiberglass would have to be Trent McIsaac.

Please tell me you're joking right?

I've experienced nothing but problems from one of these guy's, and i have a ton of friends that work at FS and they wouldn't even let these guy's touch their cars.

Impression's does amazing stereo work, look at the job that Rob did on Nicole's Integra, by far one of the best custom stereo install's in Alberta.

12V
10-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Paul

Please tell me you're joking right?

I've experienced nothing but problems from one of these guy's, and i have a ton of friends that work at FS and they wouldn't even let these guy's touch their cars.

Impression's does amazing stereo work, look at the job that Rob did on Nicole's Integra, by far one of the best custom stereo install's in Alberta.

Maybe you a re thinking of someone else. have you ever seen the "boomtoys" viper, with the 2 triangle 10's, liquid filled bubble walls and screaming face? or the autotemp civic with the 16 PG 10's, that is work done by Trent, and it's pretty common knowledge to anyone that installs, that Trent is extremely good at what he does.

6thGen.TUNER
10-29-2003, 08:13 PM
just do the install ur self its so eazy
or ill do it for u!!

lool at these picks of my system me and my friends mad in like 5 hours

6thGen.TUNER
10-29-2003, 08:13 PM

Barlow
10-29-2003, 09:22 PM
good job, but not much cutom, its pretty plain/ ordinary

scott douglass
10-30-2003, 12:08 PM
forms to my trunk and has crazy plexi and neon lights

20veloz02
10-30-2003, 11:06 PM
i think it looks sweet, and prob better at night

Barlow
11-07-2003, 10:18 AM
oh what you put neon lights in, i didnlt knwo that but yeah interested in maybe installing another set of neons in a already custom trunk?

89coupe
11-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Talk to Jason at Audio Concepts. They have a section on my boards. If you are a member you will get a discount. Here is the link. http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?board=37

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to who I should go to for a good quality, custom sound system install for a fair price in Calgary. Anybody wanna share their experiences? Should I got to the big names like Soundsaround or Visions or are there some really good smaller shops in town?

bradwatson
07-22-2004, 01:06 PM

Ive been talking to this guy Feroce at soundsaround on macleod. He's pretty goo, you should see his car. In-dash DVD's, 3 type r 12's, its tight, and he just got new spinning 18's

Ek9Max
07-22-2004, 01:24 PM
JT @ soundsaround mcleod trail. UNREAL work. trust me I work in the industry.

sexualbanana
07-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bradwatson

Ive been talking to this guy Feroce at soundsaround on macleod. He's pretty goo, you should see his car. In-dash DVD's, 3 type r 12's, its tight, and he just got new spinning 18's

He's a helluva a salesman. He'll remember people even if you havne't gone in the store for 2 years. I'd be careful around him though because his method is very high pressure and very pushy.

ryder_23
07-22-2004, 04:33 PM
^

you walk in there, and he remembers you like you talkd yesterday...Very high pressure, i never bought anything from him, but he sure as hell tried to sell me stuff, on numerous occations

A_3
07-22-2004, 07:22 PM
^:werd:

Yeah he can sell anyone on anything, way to high pressure. In my younger days he sold me on a deck that he assured me worked in my car,take it to the install there and they were like WTF who told you this would work in your car. Basically research your shit first and don't let him talk you into anything.

substance_x
07-23-2004, 12:47 AM
ya he thought he knew me... but i haven't seen him in my life
i also agree on the high pressure part.
i just left before i got suckered in

bradwatson
07-23-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

He's a helluva a salesman. He'll remember people even if you havne't gone in the store for 2 years. I'd be careful around him though because his method is very high pressure and very pushy.

Yeah that can be true, but for me, i just said that im not looking to buy anything right away, just checking to see what he had, then he really stopped pushing. If you can get someone to hook you up with him, you'll get an amazing deal.

infernal
07-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
JT @ soundsaround mcleod trail. UNREAL work. trust me I work in the industry.

soundsaround is and allways will be a fucking joke.

davidI
07-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by infernal

Doesn't mean their installers are no good. I'll vouch for Travis Gustavson in Red Deer, he does sweet shit.

sexualbanana
07-27-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by infernal

I've never had a problem with installs from Soundsaround. Of course, I've also never gotten anything major done. From my experience, they've been really cool about simple installs (ie deck installs) and fixing my fuck ups.

rice_eater
07-27-2004, 04:41 PM
soundsaround installed my speakers wrong and when i told them they made a big fuss about how great they install stuff and how my speakers must be shit...i just rewired them myself and off i went, but yeah...they are chumps and from my experience, pretty useless for installs(at least the crowfoot location)

AllGoNoShow
08-01-2004, 12:57 AM
the installers up at visions at crowfoot are amazing, they did my custom fiberglass install and it looks amazing/sounds really good. They even took it a step further by addin neons into the exterior of the fibreglass enclosure without any extra cost. I would strongly recommend then cuz they will redo their work untill u r happy and they wont rip u off.

TomTom
08-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
^

you walk in there, and he remembers you like you talkd yesterday...Very high pressure, i never bought anything from him, but he sure as hell tried to sell me stuff, on numerous occations

yes and i worked for SS and he is one of the top electronic salesman in the fuking country, you shoulda seen the #s he pulls in. i think on that soundsaround sale he did 150k himself might of been another sale but i do remember that # $ in 1 day

joejoe3
08-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Brain, james got his done at the NW visions