PDA

View Full Version : Pinched nerve

JordanEG6
02-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I pinched a nerve on the left side of my lower back while working out. I thought it was okay after a couple days, but now when I do a work out that requires some stress on my lower lack, it feels like an electric shock running up the side of my back. Any helpful remedies for that? Or should I just rest up? Also, I think it effects my overall performance, it seems like I got weaker and my endurance isn't as high.

Thanks in advance.

yue
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
same thing happened to me. i just rested for 2 weeks and took some left over tylenol 3 for the pain. god i miss that drug.

Pacman
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I would rest and if the pain is still there in a few weeks, then go and see your doctor. I had the same thing happen 5 years ago and, being an idiot, continued to lift weights at the gym. Now, at age 34, I've had 2 back surgeries for a herniated disc at the L4/L5 level and my left foot/knee is always numb with a constant pain in my lower left back.

Nav13
02-05-2009, 12:53 AM
i have the same problem. i lower bag aches and sometimes i feel a pain run down my leg to my knee. I want to get this fixed but the doctor just tells me to take some pain killers and it will go away. let me know what you do to fix this

goat_killer
02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
You shout get a weight lifting belt. Perferably black... then we can spray paint n.W.o. on it in white paint and i can dye parts of my goatee blonde. This will help your aching back.