PDA

View Full Version : Heartland/Hawthorne Homes

Eleanor
02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Looking for some opinions/experiences. A buddy of mine is looking at moving out of his current place which he rents and he's looking at buying in Auburn Bay and looking at the Mosaic Montage development. He wants something a little bigger then his current apartment, but not too big, along the lines of 1200-1500 sq. ft. It's just him and potentially his GF as well. He wants more of a condo style, but wants a garage, haha.

Anyone here have any experiences with this builder? Good/bad, post 'em up!

TIA

JordanLotoski
02-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Heartland is a great builder for starter homes.:thumbsup:

reijo
02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I worked with Wiebe Forest Engineering (who did the structural design - reputable firm) when they built the first Mosaic projects in Tuscany.....did inspections on the Mosaic Mercato ... looked like pretty good workmanship from what I could see at that time - maybe 2001-2. I think it was Poon McKenzie Architects who did the architectural design on them and they were "tweaking" them for layout and such at that time to optimize them. Probably the later ones might have slightly better floor layouts.

In the end it depends on what you are looking for - meets your needs?

sputnik
02-05-2009, 12:04 PM
I had a Heartland home for a few years (built in 2003) and never had any problems with it.

mac_82
02-05-2009, 02:00 PM

syeve
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
My first home was a heartland home in Tuscany. Loved it, no problems/issues. I bought it new and lived there for two years.

Eleanor
02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Good news, thanks for the help guys, I'll let him know :thumbsup:

AndyL
02-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I've done a bunch of multi-family projects with Hawthorn, and specifically with the site supers down at auburn bay and mosaic... Tom and Doug are great superintendents - each of them has better than 30-40 years in the industry... As far as multi-family developments - there's no projects I'd have more faith in...

Doug's got to be one of the best in the industry, old-school - he's got no problem butting heads with the office - more than a few times I've had him cut PO's to fix what the office left out of spec. He wants things done right - no matter what it takes. This has rubbed off on Tom - neither one of them is shy about telling people to do it right. And I can tell ya from experience, they're standards are high - I can't send my "just get it done" crews to their sites... I'll never hear the end of it - gotta send them the best or Doug & Tom will make me miserable reworking it until they're satisfied...

My .02 from the inside...