PDA

View Full Version : whats the best, quiet, high flow 2.5" muffler?

wontonjohnny
02-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Hey guys any experiences with good and bad makes of "domestic" mufflers? like dynomax, lukey, walker etc

Im looking for the quietest exhaust with minimal flow restriction

The car is a 2.3 CL with a 60-1 turbo, butt dyno'd and putting out about 220hp. haha ...

Im goign to install a functional 2.5" high flow cat, right now I still have the stock dinky ~1.5" stock cat and mid pipes with an aftermarket oval fart can. Stock muffler had a hole in it and this fart can was cheap...haha ....

1st and early part of 2nd pull hard... but top part of 2nd and all 3rd are definelty choked by the stock cat.

what muffler or even shop do you recommend. ive always gone to carline for muffler work.

bourge73
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Get a magnaflow stainless steel muffler. (Has a 3' tip on it)

I have one on my 06 civic and it is not loud at all, just sounds better than stock and not like a dump truck. Will give you a small boost in power too, plus it looks amazing. Dont even cosider anything else this is the best and its what you want.

wontonjohnny
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by bourge73

I have one on my 06 civic and it is not loud at all, just sounds better than stock and not like a dump truck. Will give you a small boost in power too, plus it looks amazing. Dont even cosider anything else this is the best and its what you want.

what series is yours?

Justin_Inc
02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Dynomax super turbo, good and quiet but have some bark when you step on it

Will@STRD
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
We did a CL before with Mangaflow universal muffler is not loud at all sound pretty good

bourge73
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I am not sure of the series but they even sell them at CTIRE! crappy store but they are under $200 incl tax for a polished stainless Magnaflow Muffler with a tip cant beat it. The one to get will have a later model 350Z on the package. Have a look on the weekend.

wontonjohnny
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Will@STRD
We did a CL before with Mangaflow universal muffler is not loud at all sound pretty good

was that CL an I4 or V6 though?

wontonjohnny
02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bourge73

checked can tire website.. the only magnaflow they had was 2.25 in/out.

rc2002
02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I've had good experiences with Apexi Worldsport and Tanabe Hyper Medallion.

Never tried RSR Ex-Mag before but I've heard good things.

wontonjohnny
02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I've had good experiences with Apexi Worldsport and Tanabe Hyper Medallion.

Never tried RSR Ex-Mag before but I've heard good things.

thanks but im not looking for those types of mufflers

wontonjohnny
02-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Justin_Inc
Dynomax super turbo, good and quiet but have some bark when you step on it

Thats what im looking for, very quiet for daily driving, but when i floor it , who cares what the exhaust sounds like when all you hear is spooling .....haha..

this is what is currently happening for me .

warm idle is fine

cold idle is loud

cruising on flat roads is fine but cruising uphill sucks.

30% accelerating is very loud especially is the car is full,

50% throttle and up to WOT i cant even notice an exhaust noise, sounds like engine noise more then anything at that point