PDA

View Full Version : University of Athabasca

sdiep
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Anyone taken any courses to transfer?
I only took four courses per semester this year, so I'm thinking of taking two spring/summer courses. Since I don't reside in Calgary during the summer, I was thinking of going through University of Athabasca and taking them online.

Overall, anyone find it easier online? I'm thinking of taking MGIS and an HROD course. I think for their exams, you actually have to go to an institution to write them? Correct me if I'm wrong.

blitz
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
My wifes doing the Nurse Practitioner Masters program and all her tests are time limited (1hr) online ones.

cressida_pimpin
02-07-2009, 01:31 AM
I heard Athabasca is alot harder than you would think. Double check that the courses transfer over to where you will graduate from. Other than being sure the courses transfer, go ahead and take the classes there. Just don't expect an easier ride because you're doing them online.

buh_buh
02-07-2009, 01:45 AM
its mostly motivation factor that makes it difficult. We've had a few threads on AU. Try doing a search on them.

colt22
02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I took calculus 265 (calculus249 at uc) and it was......impossbile. Without an instructor, it makes it extremely difficult. that It wssnt even online, it was basically a mail course. Everything was mailed to me and I had to mail assignments back. I ended up just getting a tutor to help me out to get through it but it cost me alot.

Idratherbsidewayz
02-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Im taking 2 music courses and a world religions this semester.

The course "Listening to Music", is easy as fuck and I finished it within 3 weeks.

The course"History of Popular Music II: Be-bop to Beatles, 1940-1970", has a lot more reading but im not going to do it. Im going to just wing it, and study a few specific things. I should also have it done within the month.

World Religions I have only done about 1/7 and it's pretty long. Interesting though.

The TA's help if you ask them, exams aren't TOO bad. It's definitely not a cakewalk though...

thrasher22
02-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I took a communication theories class through there about a year ago. It wasn't easy, but its not that bad...
If I had been motivated I could have pretty easily finished the class in under two months, instead I took 4 months to do the first chapter... and had to do the rest in a month :rolleyes:

Generic
02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
It wasn't easy for me when i took a course online...