PDA

View Full Version : World Health- Late Night?

dannie
02-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I currently have a membership at the Y in Shawnessy. I quite like the facility and don't have anything terrible to say about it. But.... my hours that I work have significantly increased and I am not able to get there and work-out in the evenings anymore. (And no, early morning isn't an option either)

I saw that World Health on Southport is open till 11 and the World Health on McLeod is 24 hrs.

So, my question is this: Have any of you worked out late at either location? Is it quiet late at night or is it full of douches?

Are there any downsides to WHC?

TIA

ekguy
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
There is the new Gold's Gym off 130th ave. I went to visit and it's super nice. Steam and Sauna in both change rooms. Direct access to the laping pool from each locker room as well. 24 hours as well. Not much more than the Y either. Couple bucks a month more if I'm not mistaken. I will be joining it eventually I think. I also currently go to the Y in Shawnessy.

Dave P
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I used to work out at the Mcleod tr one.

At like 3am it was awesome. nobody was there except for strippers and bar staff.

No dbags at all. just people doing there thing. and if they were dbags, they was lots open machines so you didnt have to be by them