PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Club II?

Mike1109
10-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Has anyone here played Midnight Club II yet? Is it any good...I think I'm gonna rent it out I like street racing games so it should be fun just looking for some opinions on the game. Thanks.

Akagi Redsuns
10-08-2003, 03:55 PM
I have Midnight Club II on the PS2 for a while. It's not a bad game really, it's really arcadey, so no realistic GT physics here. But it's still fun and the cars are based on real cars....just without the real names. The new Viper GT-S, FD3S RX-7, Porsche 911, Lotus Elise, Sierra Cosworth, Integra, Civic/Civic Turbo, Lancer, Skyline and some more. There are also 3 sport bikes to spice things up a bit.

There is 3 cities you go to and basically race against one or several players in the streets with traffic to go from checkpoint to checkpoint mostly. You win enough and you get the cars your oponents drive, you constantly upgrade. Can't mod them in anyway though.

The real fun before was on-line racing. You can play all the 2 player games online but with up to 8 other people. Pretty neat, but lately not a too much racing going on, just capture the flag or "cruise" mode which to me is pointless. But back when there was racing guys on there, it was lots of fun going up against online real players. A course is sorta layed down on the streets and you do laps. No traffic though, just the other racers. Still a lot of fun though and you can also make your own custom track. Pretty cool.

Anyways, I enjoyed the game and I am a hardcore GT3 racer. It's nice to have a aracedy game to kick back to like NFS or MCII. I would rent it frist since I have car/video game friends that both love and hate this game.

Ajay
10-08-2003, 04:43 PM
I played it for XBOX but still haven't rented it for my PS2. It was fun on the Box so I can imagine it being just as fun on PS2.

I'm a total diehard GT3 fan as well but every once in awhile it's nice to have a game that isn't a pure simulation. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit II is also a fun game!

Moonracer
10-08-2003, 05:20 PM
I have it on Xbox and I enjoy it, it's certainly worth checking out. :thumbsup:

-APEX-
10-08-2003, 07:10 PM
its a buyer....i plaed it on XboX for the first time and i was on xbox live 24/7 jus crusing on the bike doing tricks and learning some new ones

SwitchBlade
10-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Its a good game. Personally i would rather rent it then buy it. Its fun but it gets old quick. Theres like this slipstream turbo which is a good laugh. Worth checking to fill some free time.

Anyone seen the fast and the furious game? It looks like a cross between midnight club 2 and gran turismo. You get actual cars and brandname parts to trick them out.

GT2NV
10-08-2003, 10:48 PM
the bikes are fun

92 Teg-B18A
10-09-2003, 04:43 PM
It's fun, I got it for my X Box. It's definately worth renting it!