PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Racing video - 2008 vs 2009 regulations

rage2
02-07-2009, 04:35 PM
What an awesome vid!

http://www.redbullracing.com/4th-Sector/Webber--Vettel-Rip-Through-The-Rule-Book/

v2kai
02-07-2009, 04:51 PM
:burnout: slicks are back

torob
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I've never watched F1, and i know it has a great fan base, but it was never really something that caught my eye.

But from what i heard, the new rules take off traction control and all the electronic goodies. And that might have been one of the reasons i never bothered following it, it just seemed simple. Seeing this video and knowing the drivers will need much more skill, i will for sure try to jump into the F1 world and watch.

I'm sure it'll be great. Any tips would be nice, when things start, what channels, etc. or just link me. Excited :burnout:

DJ Lazy
02-07-2009, 06:05 PM
^^ With or without traction control these guys are some of the best drivers in the world.

Awesome vid Rage.. I seriously can't wait to see KERS in action.

Redlyne_mr2
02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Even F1 cars are going hybrid haha. Slicks should make rain races interesting. I have no idea where Red Bull gets all of it's capital, the market seems saturated with energy drinks and most red bull drinkers seem to drink it only on occasion yet they seem to have the hands in every exciting sport imaginable.

rage2
02-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by torob
I've never watched F1, and i know it has a great fan base, but it was never really something that caught my eye.

But from what i heard, the new rules take off traction control and all the electronic goodies. And that might have been one of the reasons i never bothered following it, it just seemed simple. Seeing this video and knowing the drivers will need much more skill, i will for sure try to jump into the F1 world and watch.

I'm sure it'll be great. Any tips would be nice, when things start, what channels, etc. or just link me. Excited :burnout:
TC went away last year, and it was one of the best years of racing in quite some time. Although by the middle of the year, teams have figured out workarounds (revised engine maps) that allowed for improved traction similar to TC. Lucky for us, it rained a lot, where no engine mapping can save you... the Ferraris spun around 10 times during the British GP in the race alone.

TSN and SpeedTV covers F1 for us in Canada. Pre-Race usually starts at 5:30am, and 6am race start. If you're hardcore, you can watch Friday practice as well as Qualifying, both of which is broadcast on SpeedTV (TSN only covers qualifying and race).

There are a couple of non standard times for non euro races. The first 3 races this year (Austrailia, Malaysia, China) starts Sat. night for us due to TZ differences (11pm, 2am and 12am I think) and the last 3 races (Japan, Brazil Abu Dhabi) will be 10pm Sat, 10am Sunday, and 5am Sunday.

torob
02-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by rage2

TC went away last year, and it was one of the best years of racing in quite some time. Although by the middle of the year, teams have figured out workarounds (revised engine maps) that allowed for improved traction similar to TC. Lucky for us, it rained a lot, where no engine mapping can save you... the Ferraris spun around 10 times during the British GP in the race alone.

TSN and SpeedTV covers F1 for us in Canada. Pre-Race usually starts at 5:30am, and 6am race start. If you're hardcore, you can watch Friday practice as well as Qualifying, both of which is broadcast on SpeedTV (TSN only covers qualifying and race).

There are a couple of non standard times for non euro races. The first 3 races this year (Austrailia, Malaysia, China) starts Sat. night for us due to TZ differences (11pm, 2am and 12am I think) and the last 3 races (Japan, Brazil Abu Dhabi) will be 10pm Sat, 10am Sunday, and 5am Sunday.

Great info, will make sure i tune in!
Thanks

whiskas
02-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I have no idea where Red Bull gets all of it's capital, the market seems saturated with energy drinks and most red bull drinkers seem to drink it only on occasion yet they seem to have the hands in every exciting sport imaginable.

Redbull is the standard energy drink in most clubs, and you can pay up to $5 for a can. It all adds up.

DJ Lazy
02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I see the schedule has be switched up this year... Is the Abu Dhabi a new stop? or brought back from past years?

torob
02-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

I see the schedule has be switched up this year... Is the Abu Dhabi a new stop? or brought back from past years?

From what i saw, its a new circuit built in UAE gonna be used.
But What do i know.. :dunno:

iceburns288
02-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Abu Dhabi is a brand-new circuit.

Yas Marina circuit:
http://abudhabi365.com/img/yas-island-track.png

alloroc
02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
When you said redbull racing I thought you meant this ...

w8Fjsc90364

DdxzpeFyFSQ

b_fL-JsnnoU

Mibz
02-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Abu Dhabi is a brand-new circuit.

Yas Marina circuit:
http://abudhabi365.com/img/yas-island-track.png That looks awesome.

HiSpec
02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
What does KERS stand for?
Kinetic Energy Racing System?

DJ Lazy
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
What does KERS stand for?
Kinetic Energy Racing System?

Kinetic Energy Recovery System

Oz-
02-16-2009, 08:29 AM
I can't say that I have been a life long F1 fan, but certainly over the last 3 years I have started to watch it much more. Mainly because the races start right around the time my son (and now my daughter) decide to wake up. Great excitement during the past year.

Will be excited to watch this year, especially after watching this video.