PDA

View Full Version : Fix bodywork or start on new car?

NismoDrifter240
02-08-2009, 02:16 AM
hey. im new to the site so im gona just say what u gotta say haha :P
i currently own a 93 240sx its lhd stock ka24de all togher it has 190 xxxkms on the car. but my delema is should i find a body shop fix all the bodywork and rust on the car and sr20 swap it and work on the car from ground up or would the rust make it pointless to put that much money into a car that is too old. or would a better rout to go for starting is to just sell the car for like 4g's pay off the 3000$ loan i have for the car and use 1000$ as a downpayment and get like a 13 000$ 240sx but like a 95 or newer 240 with alot less kms and the silvia s14 body style and alreay have a turbo'd base that i wan work off and not worry about rust and other pains i nthe ass and just take care of it and pour money. and if thats the best rout would i be able to make a track worthy car with only haveing 2000$ a month to put into the car. sorry for the rambling thanks for whoever reads all that lol!

:hitit:

garyb
02-08-2009, 02:21 AM
well with $24,000 to put into the car in the first year man it could be a sweet machine i mean if you did a motor swap first and then maybe a sweet looking widebody kit then maybe some sweet rims like at least 18's then suspension i recommend some sweet twein suspension then maybe some cool lug nuts then you could could put a sweeet exhaust on it as well then maybe a huge sub i mean huge so that it pounds and people walking the next block over can hear it then maybe paint you dash to match the exterior color then worry about the rust cuz when are you gonna see the rust not when your racing thats for sure sorry for the rambling thanks if you read this

top_speed
02-08-2009, 02:51 AM
^ haha

A790
02-08-2009, 03:44 AM
My honest advice: keep the car and drive it until it dies. Save money in the interim and buy something newer and more awesome later.

I wish I had done that instead of go from so-so car to so-so car.

funkedelic2
02-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Don't sink thousands of dollars into a car that old that needs that much work. You will thank me in a few years or so.

89s1
02-08-2009, 11:21 AM
:english: :english: :english:

:banghead: :banghead:

Sharpie
02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 89s1
:english: :english: :english:

:banghead: :banghead:
Thanks for your retarded post :thumbsup:

It is very costly to get rust removed plus most shops wont because there is no garentee it wont come back. If i were you I would save my money and buy a different car..

Idratherbsidewayz
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Ive had 2 240s and the rust really sucks. It majorly affects your resale value. If you can save 2g's a month, pay off the car in 2 months and start saving for a newer 240. Even a stock S14.5 is a pimp car. You could be rolling in a really nice 1997 240sx by September. Sell the old 240, stockpile parts over the winter and build the shit out of it.

Generic
02-08-2009, 02:31 PM
i'd sell it, go to Grahame Auctions, buy a 2000 Neon for $1500 dollars, and save your money for a nice 240 (if thats what you want) so you can buy one by December this year.. Throwing money into a rustbucket is a BAD idea. Cut your losses now even if you can.

NismoDrifter240
02-08-2009, 07:30 PM
thanks for all the advaice! thats what iw as thinking is to buy a newer already turbod 240sx i really cant have right hand drive so i need something that isent my parents will buy me most things under 10grand so i could do that forsure. and the rust is deff a problom but i mean driving it till it dies wont help me get parts if im paying off a loan the only reason i can throw 2000 a month into a car is because i dont pay rent haha im not money bags but id totally be able to throw suspention and stuff on a new car and have a sweet ride maybe change turbos can anyone suggest a good car for under 10g's that you can get in lhd and thats turbod?? or is a 240 basicly it

Generic
02-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by NismoDrifter240
thanks for all the advaice! thats what iw as thinking is to buy a newer already turbod 240sx i really cant have right hand drive so i need something that isent my parents will buy me most things under 10grand so i could do that forsure. and the rust is deff a problom but i mean driving it till it dies wont help me get parts if im paying off a loan the only reason i can throw 2000 a month into a car is because i dont pay rent haha im not money bags but id totally be able to throw suspention and stuff on a new car and have a sweet ride maybe change turbos can anyone suggest a good car for under 10g's that you can get in lhd and thats turbod?? or is a 240 basicly it

why does it have to be a turbo'd LHD? haha

NismoDrifter240
02-08-2009, 10:18 PM
well it has to be left hand drive because my dad wont insure me if its not. and if i can get 500$ a year insurence on a supra(thats an strait from the place quote but only an example.) due to my parents exalent driveing record and age im going to take adv of it haha. and turbo is because i orgassm every time i hear a Bov so i want one lol hehe bandwaggon ftw ? :P

Generic
02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by NismoDrifter240
well it has to be left hand drive because my dad wont insure me if its not. and if i can get 500$ a year insurence on a supra(thats an strait from the place quote but only an example.) due to my parents exalent driveing record and age im going to take adv of it haha. and turbo is because i orgassm every time i hear a Bov so i want one lol hehe bandwaggon ftw ? :P

or pay like 300 a year and get a 97 Neon and save up for a year then buy a nice LHD turbo car. That way you won't speed and won't get tickets and the Neon won't much less then what you bought it for.

Afrodeziak
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
milk the teet.

ignorance is bliss.

NismoDrifter240
02-09-2009, 03:26 PM
so i should just keep the 240 and save money then sell it when im ready basicly seems like the best idea. if i were going to stockpile parts what would be the best way to make sure i got the right part ? or should i just look for a car i really like and just set my mind on something like that?

gen2teggy
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
start saving for a house, you will thank me later

NismoDrifter240
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
im not too worried about that.
i already have the house part worked ou lol!!
if i was worried about that i woulda asked but im not. i want a car :P

and does anyone have any good year/make/model that i could look for at auctions and on kijiji etc. it dosent HAVE to be lhd but that would be a big big plus but anything really under 10g's would be good. maybe 13 if its a really nice car and worth paying the extra 2 or 3 grand thanks