PDA

View Full Version : R&R Jean Hemming

einstein135
02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Anyone know of a place that does good hemming for R&R jeans? I used to go to this random place on Centre St, but they messed up my last pair of jeans:(

bashir26
02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
what area do you live in? There's a really good tailor on 17ave and 36th or 37th street. Its right across the gas station with the tiger... I can't really remember the name at the moment but you get it. It is $15 for hemming.

Or ...

If you are in the SW go to Magic cleaners on 26ave. I can't remember the street number.

Boomph
02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
i usually take mine to brooklyn in Kensington and they pass it onto a lady that does it. I usually pay $15 for regular hem and $20 for original hem

godlovestofu
02-09-2009, 12:35 AM
wai's alterations
4st and....25th(?) ave sw
best place

sexualbanana
02-09-2009, 12:37 AM
What's so special about the R&R hem?

Boomph
02-09-2009, 12:42 AM
^^

nothing, majority of my rocks were simple, clean half inch hem... as they rarely come distressed not like the late 2008 and 2009 TR's were they require original because of the distress look

running out of vocabulary this is what happens as one attempts to cut back on caffeine

98type_r
02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
They use a 1/4 inch hem, not 1/2.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/247169/jean-hemmings/

smurfette
02-09-2009, 01:41 PM
My parents do hemming and alterations at competitive prices. They have hemmed 7's and R&R jeans, and do a great job!
Go to Marbank Laundromat.

Mitsu3000gt
02-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I just go to that alterations place in Chinook on the bottom floor at the North end across from the board games store (Can't remember the name), they have always done a perfect job as far as I can tell.

I also find it amusing that the more expensive the jeans, the more money you need to spend on them hemming them and such haha. I find that some stores sell multiple lenghts, and other stores selling the exact same jeans only have 34 and 38 leg lengths or whatever.

bigboom
02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I just go to that alterations place in Chinook on the bottom floor at the North end across from the board games store (Can't remember the name), they have always done a perfect job as far as I can tell.

I also find it amusing that the more expensive the jeans, the more money you need to spend on them hemming them and such haha. I find that some stores sell multiple lenghts, and other stores selling the exact same jeans only have 34 and 38 leg lengths or whatever.

It's called Stitch It. Thats where I take my pants too.

stevieo
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by bashir26
what area do you live in? There's a really good tailor on 17ave and 36th or 37th street. Its right across the gas station with the tiger... I can't really remember the name at the moment but you get it. It is $15 for hemming.

Or ...

If you are in the SW go to Magic cleaners on 26ave. I can't remember the street number.

my mom works on 17th ave se and she does hemming for jeans.. it is across the street from like video game trader

BigWill
02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
i know a lady in chestermere that does all my clothes. she works magic with a needle. its in the cove its called dawns alterations. she has a huge shop in her basement were she does everything plus she is super nice! i can get anyone the phone number if they need it

R154
02-10-2009, 04:06 PM
While we are at it, where can I buy glue to put the glitter back on to my Christian Audiger hoody? Common guys I dont want to look like a punk without it.

gqmw
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Upstairs dragoncity, called Bernice's I think? They do great hems.

max_boost
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

It's called Stitch It. Thats where I take my pants too.

Yeah stitch it does a pretty good job.

I don't know what's so great about the original hem. :dunno:

stevieo
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

guess its all personal opinion eh sam?

but for me its so your pants don't look stupid.

i just like the hem on my jeans to look regular i guess. i got a few pairs of true religion super ts, it would look dumb if the bottom hem was a dinky 1 thread line haha. and probably cause i get it done for free so i dont complain haha

rc2002
02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

It looks out of place in a lot of jeans that are stonewashed or have that worn look. It also allows you to let it out if you need to.

I've had a couple pairs of pants that were hemmed too short (or they were hemmed to the right length and then shrunk in the dryer) and that was the end of them.

einstein135
02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
The R&R hem is a tighter and smaller hem, some places I go to have done a 1cm which is fine in most cases. I just dont want that on my nice new pair of R&R's