PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Suits.

vipstyle2
02-09-2009, 10:49 AM
So my grad is coming up soon and I need a suit !
Do any of you guys know of a great place to get one custom fit,
My budget is very flexible but I dont want somthing too pricey because of aftergrad festivities =D
If you guys know of any good places just let me know nothing too expensive but nothing cheap ! Thanks

einstein135
02-09-2009, 11:10 AM
You should fly to Vegas, and go to the outlet mall in Primm, go to the Burberry or Hugo Boss stores and pick one up from there! In Calgary, I don't know:S

badatusrnames
02-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by einstein135
You should fly to Vegas, and go to the outlet mall in Primm, go to the Burberry or Hugo Boss stores and pick one up from there! In Calgary, I don't know:S

Ok.

:facepalm:

nonlinear
02-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Pacman
02-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by vipstyle2
My budget is very flexible but I dont want somthing too pricey because of aftergrad festivities =D
If you guys know of any good places just let me know nothing too expensive but nothing cheap ! Thanks

The words "soon", "custom fit" and "not too expensive" are not mutually exclusive in this situation.

ExtraSlow
02-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Thomas Jefferey in Scotia Centre downtown is decent. Not really Ballin, but I was happy with the suit I bought there. Cost was around eight hundred, which was a price I was happy with.
If you budget is higher, check out Harry Rosen maybe?

nonlinear
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM

core_upt
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I was just checking out suits, and if you're on a budget, check out TipTop or Moores. Both have sales right now - TipTop has suits from $99 and up - these obviously aren't super high end, but the cuts are modern enough that it can last you a few years.

If this is for grad, don't spend a ton - If you can get one to fit of the rack, perfect. If not, a few alterations are worth it. You'll most likely out grow your suit in a few years, so why spend a ton on it.

If you want something a little more, both carry Calvin Klein or Chaps, or something designer-ish that won't break your bank.

My $0.02

Remember, a less expensive suit that fits really well, whether it be tailored, or off the rack and cut right, will look way better than an expensive one that doesn't fit.

QuasarCav
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
fuck suits

do it like a scientist and just wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops underneath your gown

get stoned before, and it will help ease the boredom during harvey's speech (must don't start laughing at hisw beard)

Wow! Judging by this post you've never had the luxury of sitting in a covered building.

Generic
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
drive 4 or so hours to Montana. Go to outlet stores there in Kalispell or somewhere there is suits. Spend $500 US and get something nice. No tax. Declare $500 spent, 50/50 you'll pay duty (i've gone across the border and back over 15 times and I never once payed duty even when i had clothes bills over $1000). Don't lie about your duty. Arrive back in Calgary with a sick suit.

GQBalla
02-09-2009, 12:52 PM
are you just graduating from high school?

just go rent a tux

ExtraSlow
02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
actually, as was mentioned above, you'll be a different shape in a couple years anyway, so no point breaking the bank on this suit. get something cheap, whatever that means to you, and make sure it's altered to fit you properly.

msommers
02-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Custom and cheap just don't make sense. Anyways, after my experience at Umberto's getting a custom sports jacket, I'd recommend them. Although I have to admit that this is my first custom suit/jacket and so I cannot compare it to another custom made item. I really like it though and fits wonderfully.

nonlinear
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Wow! Judging by this post you've never had the luxury of sitting in a covered building.

what part of the post makes you say that?

suits are a sign of subordination.

GQBalla
02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
lol everyone that is saying custom and cheap doesn't make sense is bang on -

ahahha my custom e zegna was 1500 on sale!

ZorroAMG
02-09-2009, 01:25 PM
If you are just using it for grad and a lil boogie, don't waste your money on a baller suit. Just go to Zara or something. If it's going to be used in the workforce as well, get a quality suit. IE not from moores or tip top, unless you are selling cars....

Generic
02-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
If you are just using it for grad and a lil boogie, don't waste your money on a baller suit. Just go to Zara or something. If it's going to be used in the workforce as well, get a quality suit. IE not from moores or tip top, unless you are selling cars....

HAHA @ greasy car salesmen

Spoons
02-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Rent a tux... Trust me.

You will only be wearing it for the dinner, and that is it! All you want to wear under your gown is a shirt and tie with pants and shoes.... which pretty well everyone has in their wardrobe.

For your after grad you will want to change into regular clothes, pretty well everyone does. Don't go and spend a shit ton of money for a suit you aren't going to wear much (your graduating from high school, unless your father owns a company that you will be working for, you don't need a suit quite yet).

Baby blue tux with the ruffled shirt FTW!

mo_money2supe
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I've been looking around for a suit for my upcoming wedding and I was shocked at the selection they had at The Bridal Centre (near the south Costco). They have high-end suits for rent for about $120. It includes everything from tie, dress shirt, shoes, socks, cumberbund/vest, etc. Everything but your own underwear. Their service is amongst the best also and their staff are professionally trained for dressing people. I was rather impressed by their attention to detail. They have every size in stock and have custom tailored suits for most styles/body shapes. Give them a try; I highly recommend them!

Jonel
02-09-2009, 03:05 PM
If it's just for grad and nothing else, just rent. No point wasting $$$ to $$$$ on one night of wear.

Mitsu3000gt
02-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I would definitely rent, but if you don't want to, Umberto's will make you a full custom suit starting around $600 which is pretty reasonable. Just rent though unless you will be using the suit for other occasions or for work later.

TACO.VIDAL
02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
If you dont own a suit at all, buying one for grad is a good idea.
Youll be able to use it for job interviews, weddings, funerals, etc.

JAYMEZ
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Just rent dude , you will be alot happier!

vipstyle2
02-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I own a couple from weddings and some dress clothes,
Im now leaning towards renting, My budget was 1200
but with taking a year off before Uni and some Aftergrad stuff
I think im going to check out The Bridal shop or w.e its called,
Thanks for your guys' opinions.

Spoons
02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I own a couple from weddings and some dress clothes,
Im now leaning towards renting, My budget was 1200
but with taking a year off before Uni and some Aftergrad stuff
I think im going to check out The Bridal shop or w.e its called,
Thanks for your guys' opinions.

Even with taking a year off before Uni, you won't be finding a job that requires a ballin' suit with a high school diploma.

vipstyle2
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Even with taking a year off before Uni, you won't be finding a job that requires a ballin' suit with a high school diploma.
Im pretty aware of that ...

mo_money2supe
02-10-2009, 12:25 AM
It's called "The Bridal Centre" btw... Trust me, you'll be impressed with their service. You'll have to call ahead and make an appointment though.

szw
02-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Pacman

The words "soon", "custom fit" and "not too expensive" are not mutually exclusive in this situation.

I think you meant they ARE mutually exclusive.

Pacman
02-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by szw

I think you meant they ARE mutually exclusive.

proofreading > me

David Porter
07-02-2010, 04:27 AM
There’s tailors call Himark Martin Tailors traveling here in Canada, I recently purchased a couple of suits and some shirts from them, the turnover time was quick and they helped me choose the right colors and fabrics as well which I’m very pleased with, they come here around 5 to 6 times a year.I got it for CAD 750 only.

swak
07-02-2010, 06:57 AM
When i graduated highschool, i wore a $80 suit i bought off ebay hahaha.....
It looked like crap, but:
a) its highschool graduation, who gives a f***...
b) i was working a job paying ~$7/hr
c) personality trumps a high-end suit any day

sneek
07-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by David Porter
There’s tailors call Himark Martin Tailors traveling here in Canada, I recently purchased a couple of suits and some shirts from them, the turnover time was quick and they helped me choose the right colors and fabrics as well which I’m very pleased with, they come here around 5 to 6 times a year.I got it for CAD 750 only.

Thanks for the spam! We really appreciate it when spammers bump old threads.

Kobe
07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
I thought this thread title said "Calgary Sluts" and it was 2 pages so far :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

copynpaste
07-02-2010, 12:51 PM
i picked up a Huge Boss full suit last week for $200 haha. Its a place on 14th Ave and 8th SW. Its a consignment store so its used but the thing was absolute mint and came with the originnal papers to verify their real.

Pacman
07-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
i picked up a Huge Boss full suit last week for $200 haha. Its a place on 14th Ave and 8th SW. Its a consignment store so its used but the thing was absolute mint and came with the originnal papers to verify their real.

What are "original papers" with a Boss suit? I sold clothes all through university at a high end store, and Boss suits never came with papers.

copynpaste
07-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Pacman

What are "original papers" with a Boss suit? I sold clothes all through university at a high end store, and Boss suits never came with papers.

Sorry not paper, the tags I mean.

slinkie
07-03-2010, 12:23 AM
read sluts

SRT
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: $1200 suit for a high
school graduation. Give your head a shake son..or are you trying to make a last ditch effort at impressing "Stacy" (who wont even be able to tell the difference between a $50 suit and a $5000 suit)

:rofl: :rofl:

SteezyForSheezy
05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Hey everyone. I stumbled upon this thread a while back when I was looking for a suit. I looked all over Calgary (Harry Rosen, Holt, The Bay, Moores etc) and finally found a place with AMAZING suits.

It's a pretty eclectic clothing boutique on 17th Avenue SW called "FIROZ". At first, I was a bit intimidated by their prices and the high end designer brands they carry but they have unbelievable suits for $389!!! That's right. Pants and jacket for $389 - and the fits are incredible. I picked up a fitted WOOL suit for 389 ...how can you go wrong?

Anyway, I know this thread is kind of old but for all you fellas that are looking for a sharp suit that doesn't fit like sh*t and cost an arm and a leg, go check this place out. It's right beside Nellie's on 17th Avenue (and 10th Street).

:bigpimp:

ExtraSlow
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Did you join just to post this? Do you work for them?

CompletelyNumb
05-02-2012, 02:06 PM
:hijack:

rizfarmer
05-02-2012, 02:07 PM
^gotta work there

SteezyForSheezy
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Nope. I don't work there.

I just love the suit and you can't find any of this stuff in Calgary. I've looked all over.

Let me know if there is anywhere else you know of where I can get a fitted wool suit for $389 and I'll help that company advertise, as well! :D

Masked Bandit
05-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by SteezyForSheezy
Hey everyone. I stumbled upon this thread a while back when I was looking for a suit. I looked all over Calgary (Harry Rosen, Holt, The Bay, Moores etc) and finally found a place with AMAZING suits.

It's a pretty eclectic clothing boutique on 17th Avenue SW called "FIROZ". At first, I was a bit intimidated by their prices and the high end designer brands they carry but they have unbelievable suits for $389!!! That's right. Pants and jacket for $389 - and the fits are incredible. I picked up a fitted WOOL suit for 389 ...how can you go wrong?

Anyway, I know this thread is kind of old but for all you fellas that are looking for a sharp suit that doesn't fit like sh*t and cost an arm and a leg, go check this place out. It's right beside Nellie's on 17th Avenue (and 10th Street).

:bigpimp:

Oh come on man, I can even hear your radio announcer voice coming through the interwebz.

Obvious advertiser is obvious (insert picture of cat here).

SteezyForSheezy
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Haha! The interwebz.

Lollercoaster