PDA

View Full Version : Mustang GT vs. S2000

Toms-Celica
08-16-2002, 12:22 AM
Hey!

I know this is going to turn into a flame war but I decided I should post this. This was Wednesday night around 11:00 PM in downtown Calgary. We are crusing along in a 00 Mustang GT just taking our time and such when we see a S2000 up ahead. The S2000 slows down so we are crusing pretty close together so that when a light turns red we could line up. It looked like a Gunmetal colour S2000, young guy driving with his little sweetie. Sure enough we line up as a water sprayer truck goes across the intersection so the road ahead is wet. There was no revving but the light turned green and we both punched it, we were going sideways with lack of traction but as soon as we got on to drive pavement we took off and left the S2000 about two car lenghts behind, this was a 50 zone and we were doing around 100 when we let off. The S2000 hung with us till we got traction, and belive me, the S2000 was trying, you could hear that thing like crazy trying to get the rev's up. In typical fasion he blows by but slows down right away to make a right hand turn to get away from us. I looked up the road at where the S2000 turned off and it was already doing a u-turn to get back on the road, my guess is that he was trying to avoid another race.

Either way, a good beat. Too bad there was no round two.

OMOYYC
08-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Was the Mustang done up in anyway? Technically, the S2000 should be able to beat or if not then at least keep up to the mustang.

Toms-Celica
08-16-2002, 12:28 AM
No, it was stock besides the Cobra rims.

max_boost
08-16-2002, 12:46 AM
You just encountered a bad driver under poor road conditions. That is all, how fast are Mustang GTs anyway?

buh_buh
08-16-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
You just encountered a bad driver under poor road conditions. That is all, how fast are Mustang GTs anyway?
I saw one run a 14.6 here stock I believe.

max_boost
08-16-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

I saw one run a 14.6 here stock I believe.

Holy shit, if that were to be true, S2000 should lose in a straight line hehe

B18C
08-16-2002, 12:56 AM
If the s2000 didn't launch pretty much from redline it has no chance. Those cars are all about top end and you have to drive it like you stole it.

redline_13000
08-16-2002, 02:40 AM
the mustang gt does 0-60 in about 5.5 sec i believe...the s2000 does it in the high 5s/low 6s..theres no way an s2000 could beat a stang gt unless the driver of the stang cant drive

Davan
08-16-2002, 10:32 AM
The torque advantage of the mustang off the line makes this believable to me... but topend should be all S2000, no? Maybe?

Ben
08-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a shitty environment to race...I would like to see it under perfect conditions...

Redlyne_mr2
08-16-2002, 12:20 PM
The s2000 like everyother honda is all about top end whiel the mustang has a farely flat torque curve. I've driven both and raced both, the mustangs are alot easier to lauch and would most likely get ahead right away. The s2000 is great at catchign up however and when 3rd gears comes up is when the s2000 shines. The mustangs just dont have enough top end to hold back an s2000. The fact that the s2000 also had a passenger has a do with it as well. 0-60 numbers really don't mean anything in a 1/4 mile style race, in my opinion had the drivers been equal qith no passengers ridign along the s2000 would take the mustang.

Ed the SOHC
08-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Mustangs rule baby!!!! end of story.

ThreePly
08-16-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
Mustangs rule baby!!!! end of story.

shit, this HAS to be sarcasm coming from you. I think the 0-60 times were fiarly close between the two cars.....don't remember them for the 1/4, but I thought they were fairly similar. I think it would come down to the driver. Without a proper launch, the S2000 is a slow ass car. So, I think the mustang would probably win more frequently just because it's easier to launch in.

LUDELVR
08-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ThreePly

shit, this HAS to be sarcasm coming from you. I think the 0-60 times were fiarly close between the two cars.....don't remember them for the 1/4, but I thought they were fairly similar. I think it would come down to the driver. Without a proper launch, the S2000 is a slow ass car. So, I think the mustang would probably win more frequently just because it's easier to launch in.

what the fuck do you know? You drive a fucking special edition teg!!! hahaha, what's so special, that it runs????:rofl: :rofl: or that you got some stock gsr rims!! Get a fucking ls/vtec conversion bitch!!!! hahaha:rofl:

ThreePly
08-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

what the fuck do you know? You drive a fucking special edition teg!!! hahaha, what's so special, that it runs????:rofl: :rofl: or that you got some stock gsr rims!! Get a fucking ls/vtec conversion bitch!!!! hahaha:rofl:

what???? the GSR rims won't make my car faster? fuuuuck!:banghead:

buh_buh
08-16-2002, 03:17 PM

what???? the GSR rims won't make my car faster? fuuuuck!:banghead:
Just go get that WRX and call it a day.
And what's up with you making appearences once a leap year?

ThreePly
08-16-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

Just go get that WRX and call it a day.
And what's up with you making appearences once a leap year?

Too busy reading a book called "My friend's got a Turbocharged Civic and he's faster than me, what do I do?"

buh_buh
08-16-2002, 03:35 PM

Too busy reading a book called "My friend's got a Turbocharged Civic and he's faster than me, what do I do?"
haha, I already have the answer for you:
buy a WRX.:thumbsup:

Dr. Evil
08-16-2002, 06:36 PM
I tried rallying an S2000 and was disappointed. This was, of course, before I learned that I was supposed to pop the clutch at redline.

With that said... I would not buy a car that requires redline dumping to win a race. That would only result in replacing expensive parts too often, and putting it out to pasture way too young.

Ed the SOHC
08-16-2002, 11:20 PM

shit, this HAS to be sarcasm coming from you.

Surprizingly, I'm not being sarcastic. I do like mustangs... sue me.

Are you on chapter 12 - "Stop being a whining bitch and sell that POS teg of yours and get a real gwi-lo car"

buh_buh
08-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Are you on chapter 12 - "Stop being a whining bitch and sell that POS teg of yours and get a real gwi-lo car"
such as a Mustang?:D

ThreePly
08-17-2002, 02:15 PM

Surprizingly, I'm not being sarcastic. I do like mustangs... sue me.

As you know, I'm lazy and didn't get past chapter 2 "sneaking into friend's. garage and cranking boost up to 20".

Honestly, I'd get a mustang if it didn't have that hideous interior. They do look damn sweet in convertible though.

Alas, the mustang is not for me....next year, we'll see what happens. The 'teg may or may not go 'cause I'll be looking for a new house....gotta have priorities.

Dr. Evil
08-19-2002, 10:50 AM
I'd get a mustang if it didn't have that hideous interior.

Yes, what is up with the interior? It is all rounded from when they had the rounded body style in 1995, but then they made the body square-ish & didn't re-design the interior. WTF?

SilverStreak
08-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Stock for stock, I am not afraid of GTs or WRXs. The kid needs to lose the gf and learn to drive :D