PDA

View Full Version : FS: AirCanada Flight Passes

Scorbles
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey All,

I bought some AirCanada flight passes because they were a deal but do not need them all now. Anyone want a deal on some travel? The price I have paid already includes all taxes so you don't have any additional expenses once you have this pass. I can actually book your ticket before you pay me so you can be sure about everything - but you have to pay me before you travel ;).

Selling one international pass for return travel to Hong Kong, Lima, London, Paris, Sao Paulo or Bogota. Valid for travel between April 14 and June 15. Travel can originate anywhere in Canada that Air Canada services.
$900 obo.

Selling eight passes for one-way travel in western Canada (BC/AB/NWT/Yuk). Valid for travel until May 3, 2009 with the following exceptions: Travel is permitted on Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays only. Travel is not permitted between March 14 - March 29 and April 9 - April 13, 2009. These passes all have to be used by one person. I'm open to offers for less than all 8 passes if you can't use them all.
$500 obo.

Open to a reasonable offer for either the international pass or the domestic ones. I think a friend of mine has an international pass they won't be using too. So if you need two international tickets let me know and I can confirm that the other one is also available.

The nice thing about these passes is that you can pick pretty much any flight that has available space (as opposed to the seat sales when you are lucky if there are any flights available at the seat sale price). You have to book at least 7 days before travel.

PM me with any questions. I am also open to any crazy trade ideas (Flames tickets maybe?).

Thanks

gam0s
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Doesn't the employee have to fly with the passholder? Hm?

Chester
02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Prices?

Scorbles
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by gam0s
Doesn't the employee have to fly with the passholder? Hm?

Nope. These were 'escape passes' that anyone could purchase.

The price is totally open to offers or trade ideas. Or show me the best deal you can find and I'll beat it and you will probably get to pick better flights / connections using the passes.

benyl
02-09-2009, 01:51 PM
You need to post a price or this will be closed. Forum rules.

GiangZilla
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
How much for two one way passes in western canada?

clem24
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
This thing was originally $745 ALL IN for 4 one way flights to western Canada and 1 return flight to Hong Kong, Peru, London, and Bogota. AFAIK, they are NOT transferable. The only way to transfer them would be if you originally bought a double pass, and you book 2 tickets at the same time, one being the original purchaser, and you choose not show up at the gate.

But hey, I could be wrong.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/248311/air-canada-escape-pass/

Scorbles
02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah I bought the double pass but my friend bailed so I can assign the extra pass to anyone.
The tickets do not have to be used together. If you want you could actually purchase four separate one way international tickets (with the double pass) but I can't imagine how you could use all of the those in the two month window that they give you for this (Apr 15 - June 15).

Originally posted by clem24
This thing was originally $745 ALL IN for 4 one way flights to western Canada and 1 return flight to Hong Kong, Peru, London, and Bogota. AFAIK, they are NOT transferable. The only way to transfer them would be if you originally bought a double pass, and you book 2 tickets at the same time, one being the original purchaser, and you choose not show up at the gate.

But hey, I could be wrong.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/248311/air-canada-escape-pass/

leec001
02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I was looking at it one time. Looks like couldn't be transfered to someone else, even the name changes. I may be wrong. :dunno:

Scorbles
02-09-2009, 04:51 PM
The single pass can not be transferred or changed at all. I have the double pass. So I have to use one of the passes but I can assign the second pass to anyone.

I can book the ticket using the Air Canada site for these passes so someone can see their confirmed fully paid reservation before they pay me.

Originally posted by leec001
I was looking at it one time. Looks like couldn't be transfered to someone else, even the name changes. I may be wrong. :dunno:

FYD524
02-10-2009, 12:38 PM
OP, you bought the double pass, so four of those Western flight passes are assigned to YOU. You only used the two out of four international flight credits and want to sell the rest. I'd lower your price to reflect close to what they're actual market value was. You paid, like someone else said $745 taxes-in for the RT international pass INLUDING two RT western Canada passes. Now you're trying to sell them for twice the price that the airline charged a week ago?

Scorbles
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
That isn't how the passes work. With the double pass you just get to have two names attached to the passes (mine and one other). Either myself or the other person could use all eight of the passes. You can call Air Canada to check on that if you like.

As for the price, I said I am open to any offers or trade ideas. I really doubt someone needs all 8 passes so I assume they will be offering less based on the number of passes they need. I tried to post without a price but was told the thread would be closed unless I put a price. The price really depends on where someone wants to go with the tickets (to decide what it is worth to them). I would much prefer some crazy trade ideas.

Originally posted by FYD524
OP, you bought the double pass, so four of those Western flight passes are assigned to YOU. You only used the two out of four international flight credits and want to sell the rest. I'd lower your price to reflect close to what they're actual market value was. You paid, like someone else said $745 taxes-in for the RT international pass INLUDING two RT western Canada passes. Now you're trying to sell them for twice the price that the airline charged a week ago?

7thgenvic
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM
im a very interested. Im just skeptical on the transfer of the pass. I don't want to end up purchasing these and then have to pay a transfer fee, or end up having the passes not work :( Can someone else confirm who has purchased these

Tobeb
02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
im a very interested. Im just skeptical on the transfer of the pass. I don't want to end up purchasing these and then have to pay a transfer fee, or end up having the passes not work :( Can someone else confirm who has purchased these

I have purchased the same pass and it does work as long as he hasn't registered another user under this pass (which I doubt he has).

Basically how it works is one person purchases the passes for two people and they can chooose whoever they want to add for the second user (max two users including the purchaser).

ee_ee
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
one international pass for return travel to Hong Kong, Lima, London, Paris, Sao Paulo or Bogota

is that include China?

banffer
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
OP, have you already paid for the 4 int'l credits yet?