PDA

View Full Version : Getting a cell phone at Costco....info req'd

beyondmike
02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I was talking to a guy here at work who told me he heard that if you renew or sign up a cell contract at Costco, they would give you a $200 credit towards any purchases made in the store. I looked all over their website and found nothing regarding cellular phone contracts. My wife's is due for a new phone/contract and this promo, if it is true, would be a great one to jump on. I have yet to see a better deal out there for new cell contracts. Can anyone confirm if there is such a deal at Costco? I plan to check it out this weekend either way. Thanks in advance.

westbeach70
02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Depends who you talk to there. . I know someone here in the city that works at the costco here in the hat and she works for a commission so, may be something that salesman was saying to make a sale. Who knows though, sounds like a pretty sweet dealio... If I am not mistaken its called Wireless Wave ?? Just a guess tho but goodluck...

403ep3
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Wireless wave is outside of costco is it not? I mean, they aren't linked or anything. That deal seems to too good to be true and I bet it isn't. Probably just a rumor to bring in business?

If not, jump on that :thumbsup:

ronaldo
02-10-2009, 02:16 AM
sometimes you can get some sickk deals at costco for cellphones

a few years ago i got a free phone with 2 free bluetooth headsets and a few other accessories all thrown in

beyondmike
02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm gonna check it out this weekend and let you guys know what I come out with.

Kaos
02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
The cell phone shop inside costco is Wireless Etc.... They are a 3rd party retailer such as Wireless Wave, Tbooth etc....

adam c
02-10-2009, 10:47 AM
my buddy is the manager of the beacon hill location wireless etc

Strider
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
The cell retailer in Costco does usually have the best deals on cell phones... not sure about $200 store credit, but they're usually quite a bit cheaper than elsewhere.

But... as far as I know, they don't do renewals, only new activations; in which case, you're better off to negotiate with customer relations for credits and/or free features on your account, since it's recurring savings ($5-$20/month depending on your negotiating skills) vs one time $100 savings.

beyondmike
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Strider
The cell retailer in Costco does usually have the best deals on cell phones... not sure about $200 store credit, but they're usually quite a bit cheaper than elsewhere.

But... as far as I know, they don't do renewals, only new activations; in which case, you're better off to negotiate with customer relations for credits and/or free features on your account, since it's recurring savings ($5-$20/month depending on your negotiating skills) vs one time $100 savings.

It will be a new activation, forgot to mention my wife is with Fido and her contract is up and she is switching over to Rogers.

CRXguy
02-10-2009, 04:36 PM
It's always been $100 cash gift card + accessories(holster and car kit). They don't do renewals, just new activations/porting.