PDA

View Full Version : World Health Club Promo

rumeo
02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

Heard on vibe today that WHC is offering a $39/month MONTH TO MONTH promo. Not too sure of the details itself within the promo but thought I would share. Good chance to jump on an opportunity with no contract. Promo ends Thursday.

rvd
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Whats the price normally ? and are they going to ding you for one time administration fees, one time membership card fees ? etc.

black13
02-09-2009, 09:41 PM
It's WHC so there's probably some catch involved.

ApexDrift
02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by rvd
Whats the price normally ? and are they going to ding you for one time administration fees, one time membership card fees ? etc.

price for genreal membership which gets you access to all of the gyms excluding DownTown and edgemont is $55-$60, edgmont club is $70 and DT is more...

yanivbar
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
They'll prolly charge some gay start up fees.

Kennyredline
02-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by black13
It's WHC so there's probably some catch involved.
X2....if it sounds too good to be true....

ryeguy252
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
does anyone know if you can use edgemont and downtown facilities? For $39, I would sign up if this is included on a monthly basis

2002civic
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
no those health club ones would not be included

Godfuader
02-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Versus speculating, give them a call :dunno:

I called for you lazy folks:

This is for limited clubs. Just checked the North end of town and Edgemont is not included...but North Hill is.

$99 Initiation
$39 month to month
no contract

Now, here comes the catch. She was a bit hesitant sharing the info without meeting face to face but, seems that its $49/mth to begin...and if you stick around past a year...it drops to $39/mth.

SMG
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
as much as a i regret my WHC membership i think thats a pretty good deal if i wasnt already stuck with my membership i would sign up for this and save atleast 300$ a year
so if anyone is thinking of getting a membership i would get on that =P

ApexDrift
02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
Versus speculating, give them a call :dunno:

I called for you lazy folks:

This is for limited clubs. Just checked the North end of town and Edgemont is not included...but North Hill is.

$99 Initiation
$39 month to month
no contract

Now, here comes the catch. She was a bit hesitant sharing the info without meeting face to face but, seems that its $49/mth to begin...and if you stick around past a year...it drops to $39/mth.

at least the fees drop... the edgemont club fees just seem to go up...

Jim Rome99
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Why is Edgemont different than the rest of them? I work out there.

2002civic
02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
^^its a fitness center with squash and a pool etc etc

adidas
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Ill go in there tonight or tomorrow and talk with em in person about this deal. I need a new gym!

Ill report back on what they say!

Canucks3322
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I worked as a "Fitness Consultant" at this club and hated it. I love to work out there though. I lke being able to go to the different locations depending on where I will be in the city at the time.

The intiation fee is bullshit, they are only required to charge 29 (or 39 for it I forget) but they start out by charging you 99 so if they work it down it looks like you're getting a good deal....also, those stupid contest boxes they have everywhere where it says win a free one year membership...no such thing, there is no such prize, the entries are divied up amongst the sales people and they cold call you and offer you a free 2 week pass, but the catch is you have to come in and listen to their sales pitch first where they train you to basically pull at your heart strings, say shit like "ohhh, don't you want to be healthier to be able to play with your kids, let's sign up today".....BUT here's the thing, when you make the cold call and do their script, they actualyl make you LIE and say you didn't win the one year prize, but you did WIN a 2 week pass......overall, their sales practises are so sleazy I couldn't do it for more than a month. BTW...I worked at the Richmond club which is the biggest shithole of a gym I ever had to pay decent money to go to.