PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour test drives?

Neons4life
02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
What dealerships offer the 24 hr test drive?

Has anyone done a 24 hr test drive and if so what did you drive?

Nix87
02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Heninger Toyota does, not too many else make it a regular practice.

Moe Man
02-10-2009, 11:02 AM
most dealerships wont, simply because they are not insured after store hours.

FreakinPrince
02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
i did a 24hrs test drive from High River Toyota... i just knew the manager dunno if he does it for general

drove a 4runner 2008 model

blownz
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Koch Ford in Edmonton gave me a Navigator overnight. I actually wanted a loaded Expedition but they didn't have one I could take so they gave me the Navigator. I was impressed. Ended up still buying the Expedition though.

I think if you can give them a good reason for needing it beyond a typical test drive you won't have a problem.

When I did it, I was looking for an upgrade for my 4 year old Explorer. I wanted the Expedition for the towing ability since I had just sold my 21' trailer for a 24' one. But I told the sales guy that my wife wasn't convinced she would be comfortable with the size. I said I would like to have one overnight so I could put the car seat in it and my wife could she what it was like to park it in the garage, put the kid and stoller in, go to the mall and park it and do whatever it is she does during the day.

I said if she liked it I would buy it and if not I was going to take another Explorer. Sales guy seemed to have zero problem with it. He just okayed it with the manager and off I went. :thumbsup:

Generic
02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Heninger Toyota will do the 24 hour test drive, often they even offered it for their used side as well