PDA

View Full Version : pissed off at my financial advisor. help me find a new one

TimG
02-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I've been with Rice Financial for over 15 years. Was with them when I was in Ottawa and had awesome service and an awesome adviser.

Moved west (Vancouver and Calgary) and have my portfolio transferred to a local adviser and I don't get the time of day or my emails returned. I'm fed up.

Problem is, I go to see a financial adviser at my bank to see the guy who was referred to me by a friend, but he won't give me the time of day because i don't have a 6-figure portfolio and pawns me off to some sub-junior account manager.

Is there anyone in this town who is a good adviser and will give me the time of day?

core_upt
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by TimG
... time of day... time of day... time of day

Sounds like you need a watch more than anything!!

In all seriousness, why not see if you can have your account managed by your former advisor in Ottawa? Do you need to meet face to face with him a lot?

TimG
02-10-2009, 10:29 AM
i don't think i can because they're not licensed to practice in alberta.

I don't need to meet face to face, but i expect to hear from them at least 2-3 times a year to go over where i'm at and see if anything should be changed.

max_boost
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Let's do self direct styles. Join us in the good err (bad) investments thread :D

TYMSMNY
02-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by TimG
i don't think i can because they're not licensed to practice in alberta.

I don't need to meet face to face, but i expect to hear from them at least 2-3 times a year to go over where i'm at and see if anything should be changed.

He can. All he needs to do is to fork over ~500ish and get registered here in Alberta.

Godfuader
02-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Be more specific as to what exactly are you looking to do? Are you looking for someone to do your RSPs, RESPs, your Non-Reg investments, Mutual Funds, GICs, Stocks, etc. If you dont have a 6-figure portfolio, what kind of management are you really looking for?
Reply or shoot me a PM, and I can point you in the right direction.