PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill

HiItsMe
10-09-2003, 12:35 AM
anyone see the preview showing today?
thot it was ok, i wasn't expecting there to be a To Be Continued.. damn Vol 1! ><

Hakkola
10-09-2003, 12:38 AM
LOL, they've been talking about how it was too big and it had to be split into parts for a couple months now. I'm seeing it Friday. Why only ok? Did you like Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs etc...?

HiItsMe
10-09-2003, 12:46 AM
well in other words.. it was pretty good.. but it wasn't the best.. i would probably rate it 3.5-4 out of 5.
when is vol 2 out?

AquamosH
10-09-2003, 12:49 AM
Vol. 2 is out next year. They were thinking of releasing it 2 weeks after Vol. 1, but then decided to make it longer than that.

gpomp
10-09-2003, 12:50 AM
It's out on bittorrent!

Ajay
10-10-2003, 02:39 AM
I heard Vol. 2 comes out in Feb some time.

Quentin Tarinto rocks...Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs are amazing movies!

Dusk Till Dawn surprised the fuck outta me, didn't think it was gonna be a vampire movie.

92 Teg-B18A
10-10-2003, 04:53 PM
What's it all about?

Hakkola
10-11-2003, 02:10 AM
Movie frickin rocks, started off ok, then it was a little boring but MAN! Did it ever pick up!!!!!!

sin
10-11-2003, 10:37 AM
technically dusk till dawn was not a quentin tarantino, the only three are pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, and jackie brown

we went to go see this tonight, but we couldnt get in as they were actually checking id's at the ticket counter, door, and inside the theater

Hakkola
10-11-2003, 12:38 PM
That too bad, pretty original movie, some very very good scenes and pretty funny, also forgot to add that Gogo is a fox.

RiCE-DaDDy
10-11-2003, 01:17 PM
the blood sprayin like a freakin water fountain was overdone, definetly jap anime influenced, but cool overall.

cool movie, kinda like pulp fiction with the parts all cut up and stuff and i guess it would go into tarintinos imaginary world like dusk till dawn.

Super_Geo
10-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
the blood sprayin like a freakin water fountain was overdone, definetly jap anime influenced, but cool overall.

That was the whole point of it.

I think a lot of people went into the movie expecting a realistic movie (like Pulp Fiction), but it's magical realism, kinda like Crouching Tiger.

This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time though. Definately go out for this one :thumbsup:

Superesc
10-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Production IG did the animation. I was VERY impress by that. (they did Ghost in the shell and Blood)

RiCE-DaDDy
10-11-2003, 09:37 PM
super geo read the whole post...
its hard to expect this movie was realistic. i wouldnt call it magical realism also.

Ajay
10-12-2003, 11:55 AM
I saw it last night....it was a fucked up movie! Good but messed to the max!!

I read the way Tarantino came up with this movie is he just sat in his mansion in the Hollywood hills, smoked drugs, and started writing! I can definetly beleive it after watching that movie last night. Looking forward to the second one in Feb.

Troy
10-12-2003, 01:32 PM
very good movie but really fucked up lol...I liked that little animation of Oren Ishii very cool

Ben
10-12-2003, 07:47 PM
LUCY LIU as O-Ren

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:drool: :love: :drool: :love: :drool: :love: :drool:

Looks SOOOOOOOOOOO good in her JDM garments, and her speach to the group of Bosses was incredible.:clap: :thumbsup:

Hakkola
10-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Actually I believe Tarantino and Uma Thurman had already made up a lot of the ideas during the shooting of Pulp Fiction, I guess he might've written most of it himself though. I think it was in the credits it said characters by Q and U or something.

2nd part in February, that's pretty cool, I thought I heard April, February is obviously better though :D

Yeah Ben, I like Lucy Liu as well, but that Gogo chick owns her.

Ben
10-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Yeah Ben, I like Lucy Liu as well, but that Gogo chick owns her.

Woo Hoo...Hoo Hoo Hoo...Woo Hoo...Hoo Hoo Hoo.. Woo Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoo...Woo Hoo Hoo Hoo, Woo Hoo Woo Hoo.

Ben
10-13-2003, 02:24 AM
Tune:

Kill Bill (http://members.shaw.ca/psylence/killbill12.mp3)

CRX crazy
10-13-2003, 01:37 PM
saw it on friday, it was defanitly a great movie, and even with the majority of fighting, it was still pretty easy to pick out the story line. Can't wait for the second one to come out!!

rage2
10-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Movie's wicked. Shows how awesome a director QT is. Movie flows so well, and the fighting is very believable. The best scene was Bride vs Crazy 88's... when the lights went out, the shadow scene was frickin' awesome. Can't wait for Vol. 2!

Kamen
10-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Ahh...Gogo...the girl from Battle Royale. Nice.
I watched it last night. Urge to play with my samurai sword is rising...

thich
10-13-2003, 07:29 PM
i thought that movie was insane.
very awesome filmography too.
i loved how he utilized the black and white filmography during the fight scene in the restaurant! soooooo reminiscent of the old samurai flicks!

Triptronic
10-13-2003, 07:30 PM
i'd fuck that gogo girl

RiCE-DaDDy
10-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Triptronic
i'd fuck that gogo girl

you wish, she'll cut your stomach out first haha

Kamen
10-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

you wish, she'll cut your stomach out first haha

I'm actually surprised she is in the movie. Didn't really expect to see her of all the psychotic Japanese teens with a ball and chain...lol

Kamen
10-13-2003, 09:58 PM
She also had a very crappy finish IMO. Of all the flukey deaths...good job Uma Thurman. haha

RiCE-DaDDy
10-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
She also had a very crappy finish IMO. Of all the flukey deaths...good job Uma Thurman. haha

yea she was kicking her ass with all the moves then uma just grabs a stick and bashes her.... :dunno:

Kamen
10-13-2003, 10:07 PM
A table leg with nails which just happens to be conveniently at her feet. Otherwise she'd be dead.

I was trying not to give too much away as to spoil it...but oh well. haha

JustinL
10-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by thich

very awesome filmography too.

AHHH sorry to nit pick... but it's not filmography.

I really liked the scene when Uma meets Hatori Hanzo (sword smith). The way that he speaks is awesome!

There was a whole stack of references in there that I'm sure I didn't catch either. Did anyone else notice the tribute to Elektra? O-ren Ishi's animated scene when she is standing on the building dressed in red holding the gigantic gun? Then there are the obvious ones i.e., yellow suit, black mask...

Justin

RiCE-DaDDy
10-13-2003, 10:14 PM
and they used some crappy bikes!! but i guess the general pop will think any sportbike is cool

Ben
10-14-2003, 12:06 AM
RHD Nissan 300TT :)

Superesc
10-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Watched it for the 2nd time tonite... that 1 shot at the House of Blue Leaves was awesome. From stair to bathroom, then from bathroom back out and then back in again.. 1 shot. Something John woo had done in Hard boiled in the Hospital.

EnRich
10-14-2003, 05:56 AM
Great movie... IF you havnt seen it go see it...

Rich

lammer
10-14-2003, 09:05 AM
its a pretty good movie!

haha its soo cool how you can be on the planes and have samurai swords ahah thats cool.

rage2
10-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
Watched it for the 2nd time tonite... that 1 shot at the House of Blue Leaves was awesome. From stair to bathroom, then from bathroom back out and then back in again.. 1 shot. Something John woo had done in Hard boiled in the Hospital.
haha good thing I'm not the only one that noticed that. The single shot style is wicked... but it paled in comparison to Brian de Palma's single shot in Snake Eyes, where TONS more stuff happens in that one shot.

FlipFlop
10-14-2003, 01:39 PM
i feel like i'm the only person that disliked it .. then again, i'm not very much of a QT movie fanatic .. jackie brown made me want to stop watching movies all together .. pulp fiction was hideous ..

yeah, i know his styles different and realize his story lines are slow on purpose, to get the feeling of the setting/characters known better by the audience .. still, not feeling the movie .. but i absolutely agree on the gogo remarks ..

in conclusion, i think people just over hyped the movie for me and i was expecting a lot more ... A LOT more ...

not worth the 15 bux, maybe worth the 8 matinee, surely worth the 4 or 2 dollar cheapy when it gets out there ..

RSeXy
10-14-2003, 01:50 PM
damn! i want to see this movie...but ppl are saying i will be turned off by the gore? is it really "that" bad?

Hakkola
10-14-2003, 01:54 PM
ROFL, the gore is fuckin hilarious, it's so fake it's funny. There is uncomfortable gore and funny gore, this is definately the latter.

rage2
10-14-2003, 02:09 PM
There *IS* one scene with uncomfortable gore, judging from the audience's reaction. The scene with "My name is buck, and I came to fuck".

JustinL
10-14-2003, 02:22 PM
There are a definetly a couple ones that made me cringe. 1. The breaking animated teeth. 2. The achilles tendon slice. 3. the tongue bite.

I find it funny that they make all the blood black in the previews.

Superesc
10-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by JustinL

I find it funny that they make all the blood black in the previews.

haha yea I notice that too after I watched the movie!

Ben
10-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2
There *IS* one scene with uncomfortable gore, judging from the audience's reaction. The scene with &quot;My name is buck, and I came to fuck&quot;.

The animated section was brutal also...though not real people, still very effective. :) Especially the blood comming through the mattress.

There was 2 parts in that movie that startled me. haha, thats rare.

rage2
10-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Ben
The animated section was brutal also...though not real people, still very effective. :) Especially the blood comming through the mattress.
Authentic Anime! I heard they had to do that scene in Anime cuz if it was done with real actors and actresses, the pedophile scene would have pushed it to an NC-17 pr0n rating.

Ben
10-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Authentic Anime! I heard they had to do that scene in Anime cuz if it was done with real actors and actresses, the pedophile scene would have pushed it to an NC-17 pr0n rating.

ah ha!

Well as you said, it was definatly very well done.

Hakkola
10-15-2003, 01:32 PM
a kill bill 'study guide' http://hkflix.com/coupons/hkflix_03-10-10/