PDA

View Full Version : Ticket in FT macleod, change of venue?

93VR6
02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I was coming home from lethbridge to calgary this weekend and got a ticket in claresholm for 95 in a 50 (Wasn't really paying attention figured the town was over so I could get back up to highway speed, apparently not.) So the date is for april the 8th in ft macleod and I was wondering if it is possible to get the venue changed to calgary so I don't have to drive an hour and half just to fight this.

- Thanks in adavnce.

Eleanor
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Or you could pay the ticket, because you're obviously guilty and not have to fight it :dunno:

Thomas Gabriel
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Ouch. Be very careful in those towns. I see cops 50% of the time.

whiskas
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Or you could pay the ticket, because you're obviously guilty and not have to fight it :dunno:

That's retarded, regardless if you're guilty or not, if you have the time you should always fight the ticket, more often than not they'll at least cut you some slack.

I'm curious though if it's possible to move the venue to Calgary?

R154
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
They are REALLY tough (crown) in smaller towns. be careful.

gretz
02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
definately cant move the venue to your preference

Aleks
02-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by whiskas

That's retarded, regardless if you're guilty or not, if you have the time you should always fight the ticket, more often than not they'll at least cut you some slack.

I'm curious though if it's possible to move the venue to Calgary?

x2

BlueGoblin
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Not a chance.

Idratherbsidewayz
02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Absolutely not. My friend got caught by Banff and had to go to Banff. The cop that caught you definitely doesn't want to drive to Calgary...

BlueGoblin
02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Think of it this way - If you were ticketed in Calgary, would you like it if the Crown could move the venue to Claresholm?

psycoticclown
02-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Those small towns are horrible, I see cops every single time I make the trip, and I've done that trip over 20 times and there are always cops in Nanton, Clairseholm and Fort Macloud. I've seen 4 cop cars lined up in Clairseholm one day and they all pulled over people int eh brief time I saw them while I drove by them.

93VR6
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM

Why even bother replying...?

thanks to everyone else, dissapointing that I can't move it but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.

Eleanor
02-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 93VR6
Why even bother replying...? Were you doing 95 in a 50?

Kennyredline
02-11-2009, 12:53 PM

X2...you're doing almost double the limit, and you want to go to court??
Why not stay in town and just pay it...whatever you save on your ticket will not equal your gas driving there and back.

2002civic
02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
good luck fighting that, they are tough there as I had a number of U of L buddies that tried and lost

Generic
02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
good luck with that, my friend got a ticket 20 min. south of Lethbridge and he drove from Calgary and still lost (and he was doing 35km/h over).

93VR6
02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
It's really not about saving the money, it's about the fact that I am on a GDL license and only have 3 demerits left and this thing is worth atleast three. I'm not 100% sure but is it not like it is in calgary, where you go down, talk to a justice of the peace and they usually offer you a deal? Such as, no demerits but pay the fine in full for example?

gretz
02-11-2009, 04:56 PM
It's really not about saving the money, it's about the fact that I am on a GDL license and only have 3 demerits left and this thing is worth atleast three. I'm not 100% sure but is it not like it is in calgary, where you go down, talk to a justice of the peace and they usually offer you a deal? Such as, no demerits but pay the fine in full for example?

3 demerits left? - better warm up the footmoblie

Tik-Tok
02-11-2009, 07:10 PM

It's worth 4 demerits, and you CAN go talk to them, but most people aren't able to reduce small town fines by much, if at all. I really doubt you'll be able to, since you're on GDL, and this is what GDL is all about, making sure your a safe new driver, and punishing those who aren't.

No harm in talking to them though, they can't INCREASE the demerits :rofl: