PDA

View Full Version : Who here climbs?

r3ccOs
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I've been climbing for a couple of years part time and really enjoy this hobby.

Winter training indoors is completely different than outdoor climbing, but regardless is still good training

How many of you guys?

I've basically stuck to the K-country and love climbing around Mt. Infatacable and Invincible

I'm not strong enough to "lead" climb an undiscovered route, but if there are pytons already in place, sure why not.

I'm kinda a rec-climber who will tire out on a long 5/12b, but as long as my belayer is on top of it, I'll stick it out the full length of the rope.

mazdavirgin
02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I donno lol if you are climbing 5.12b pitches you are doing pretty damn good for a rec climber. Unless it is crazy overhangs there is no way I can climb a vertical 12b. Hell I can't even manage to do 11a's that are vertical. 10c's are my current max the d's I just can't pinch the holds well enough to climb the whole route.

Usually climb at grassy/louise in the summers.

statick
02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I realize this is an older thread, but rather than starting one anew, I thought it better to revive this one.

Are many Beyond members actively climbing? Until recently, I had a membership at the Stronghold and now intend to climb at the University of Calgary. I've been at it for roughly a year and my maximum ability allows me to best a 5.10a and also lead climb. I have all the gear, including that required for outdoor lead climbing. Would anyone be interested in getting together for some climbing?

Pinch hard,
Statick

JNeil
02-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I'd be down for some climbing anytime, I only own shoes but am planning on buying a harness/chalk pretty soon.

I've only climbed for 2-3 months but now I go 2 or 3 times a week. I'm always climbing at Mt Royal but I want to get out and try some other walls!

So far my best climb is a 5.10b and I'm close to getting 10c under my belt.

If someone sets something up on a friday or weekend count me in! (Assuming I can afford it at the time, being a student is expensive!).

-Jamie