PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Condos - Colours by Battistella

VexxMedia
02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Just starting to look into some condos downtown and am most interested in the Colours building by Battitstella. Anyone have any feedback/information on this property?

Also interested in Vetro and Chocolate but haven't done much research into those yet.

Thanks all!

in*10*se
02-11-2009, 01:25 AM
i live at chocolate.

colours is the upgraded version of chocolate

vetro is the upgraded version of sasso.

88CRX
02-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by in*10*se
i live at chocolate.

colours is the upgraded version of chocolate

vetro is the upgraded version of sasso.

Pretty much... both those developers learned alot from the first towers.

Canmorite
02-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Friend has a place in Chocolate. It's really nice, but not everyone likes concrete floors. He had a few rugs though.

civic_rida
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I heard chocolate is really dusty

sputnik
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by civic_rida
I heard chocolate is really dusty

Dust problem solved.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/241075/chocolate-condo-dust-magnet-why-so-much-freaking-dust/

civic_rida
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
oh :banghead:

KappaSigma
02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Decent. IMO, Union square across the street is much nicer.

ee2k
02-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by VexxMedia
Just starting to look into some condos downtown and am most interested in the Colours building by Battitstella. Anyone have any feedback/information on this property?

Also interested in Vetro and Chocolate but haven't done much research into those yet.

Thanks all!

What pricing did you come across?

PeterGTiR
02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Lots of units in Vetro - at least ten when I went to see them last. Prices are dropping lots - I had my realtor run a report and there was this unit on the 2nd floor that sold for $265,000 in December 08 and then it was relisted for $239,900 when I went to go look about a week or two ago. I'd live somewhere else over that 2nd floor unit though. They have that common area on the 2nd floor between Sasso and Vetro and there'd probably be a "everybody is invited in the building" party every Friday and Saturday night...

The unit on the 2nd floor, most units have a balcony, this unit opens right into that common area...

eblend
02-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Dust problem solved.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/241075/chocolate-condo-dust-magnet-why-so-much-freaking-dust/

I never updated that thread since...but the dust settled a bit, but still dusty as nuts compared to any other place I have been.

I really don't like the chocolate all that much, seems too simple. My dad likes to call it "concrete" instead of the chocolate haha, and i don't blame him. Lucky for me I am just renting here, cuz I would be pretty depressed if i was stuck in there for a long period of time (going on to 2nd year right now).

EK 2.0
02-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Pretty much... both those developers learned alot from the first towers.

BINGO!!

GREENBOY
02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Colours is an awesome building. The thing that does it for me is you're not just buying into the building, but that whole area, which I think is such a good place to be right now...surrounded on all sides by really cool things happening. That's generally a good sign...and It's going to be such a vibrant little area in the next few years.

Willie Bobo
02-17-2009, 07:15 PM
uh there are quite a few negatives in west vic park now. like the hookers, junkies and homeless right outside your door/building. these problems should be lessened over time with increased density. but yes good things are happening on scarth street.

GREENBOY
02-17-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm around the area quite a bit and hardly ever see the hookers/crackheads etc these days compared with a couple of years ago. It's dropped a whole lot in the last three years.

Redlyne_mr2
02-17-2009, 07:49 PM
What detered me from the area was the lack of park land compared to say the west, east and eau claire areas, the heavy traffic and the lack of parking.

eblend
02-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by GREENBOY
I'm around the area quite a bit and hardly ever see the hookers/crackheads etc these days compared with a couple of years ago. It's dropped a whole lot in the last three years.

You haven't spend enough time haha, i live at the chocolate 1 block away, the amount of sketchy people in this is crazy.

Fivewayradio
02-17-2009, 10:00 PM
^^ The mustard seed moved part of their operation to the foothills industrial park over a year ago and that really reduced the sketch factor. Not to say the crackies have all gone away completely because there are still lots, but it's waaaay better than it was a couple years ago.

I work in the radio block so I'm down there every day and see it first hand. I think it's going to be a great area once people get moved into Colours and Union Square and the retail opens in the Hotel Arts complex.

eblend
02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Just yesturday on the way back from work (i bike) there was a bum standing by the front door waiting for someone to open it so he can go in. I biked slowly by and towards the garage door, but the bum followed me. I didn't want to open the garage door as it takes a long time to come down and the bum can easily come in and I don't want to get dirty. He approached me all drunk saying some shit as I was standing by the garage door, and instead of listening to his shit, i just biked away and around the block. By the time I came around again he was just making his way around the side of the building and out of sight. As this was happeining another crack whore walked by looking all stupid and swearing.

There you go, my experience for yesturday, so if someone says there is no sketchy people left here, try living here haha

civic_rida
02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
geeze thats not cool
How does mission and lower mount royal compare?

Redlyne_mr2
02-19-2009, 08:05 PM
geeze thats not cool
Mission and Mt Royal are nice and fairly bum free.. just nightmares to find parking if you have friends visit.

ckangarloo
02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Mission and Mt Royal are nice and fairly bum free.. just nightmares to find parking if you have friends visit.

Agreed.

Just the good bums around there. The ones that "work", scouring the street for bottles and cans.
I did have my car broken into (underground parking off Royal ave) so you won't escape the sketch factor.

Redlyne_mr2
02-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ckangarloo

Agreed.

Just the good bums around there. The ones that "work", scouring the street for bottles and cans.
I did have my car broken into (underground parking off Royal ave) so you won't escape the sketch factor.
I miss those bums.. they used to take care of my recycling for me. :rofl:

88CRX
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Tons of car break in's! Stupid bums will bust your door/window to get all of $2 in change.

And like Redlyne said there's never anywhere to park.

RY213
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I lived in Mission for 2 years and had outside parking behind my building and never had any issues with break-ins. I dont recall hearing about other people in my building with issues either. Bums just quietly go through the dumpster and collect cans...

ee2k
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by RY213
I lived in Mission for 2 years and had outside parking behind my building and never had any issues with break-ins. I dont recall hearing about other people in my building with issues either. Bums just quietly go through the dumpster and collect cans...

I concur; coming up on 3 years. But then again, now that I said this, I should expect a break in anytime now.

Also, re: parking, it is dependent on hockey night or not, and how close to 17 ave you are.

civic_rida
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I would want underground parking for sure.

ckangarloo
02-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Lived on Royal Ave for two years and there were numerous break-ins. My car was parked in a covered stall under the building and they screwed up the door handle pretty good trying to get in. Didn't get in but the Ford Escape next to mine wasn't so lucky. Cars parked outside on Royal Ave were getting broken in regularly. It was the worst around Stampede for some reason. Transients I say!!

Get a club, don't leave shit in your car and you will be good.

Also, underground doesn't mean its 100% secure. In my old building, they got in somehow and had free reign over the lot. Made off with quite a bit of damage unfortunately.
Fricken hate low life's!

ee2k
02-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by ckangarloo
Lived on Royal Ave for two years and there were numerous break-ins. My car was parked in a covered stall under the building and they screwed up the door handle pretty good trying to get in. Didn't get in but the Ford Escape next to mine wasn't so lucky. Cars parked outside on Royal Ave were getting broken in regularly. It was the worst around Stampede for some reason. Transients I say!!

Get a club, don't leave shit in your car and you will be good.

Also, underground doesn't mean its 100% secure. In my old building, they got in somehow and had free reign over the lot. Made off with quite a bit of damage unfortunately.
Fricken hate low life's!

At what corner of Royal was this? Closer to 14 st?

ckangarloo
02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ee2k

At what corner of Royal was this? Closer to 14 st?

Royal Ave between 7th and 8th St. Directly south west of Western Canada HS.

JDMMAN
02-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Checked out Colours earlier today. Actually not a bad location. Unfortunately some of the layouts of the units don't make effective use of space.

oz388
02-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by JDMMAN
Checked out Colours earlier today. Actually not a bad location. Unfortunately some of the layouts of the units don't make effective use of space.

Hey I would very much appreciate if anyone can post all the layout drawings for the Colours? Thanks!

JDMMAN
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
oz388 - You should be able get them from Battistella's interactive website.

oz388
02-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by JDMMAN
oz388 - You should be able get them from Battistella's interactive website.

Thanks JDMMAN!!

I'm not sure if I like the idea of those bedrooms in Color, most of them don't have a window!?

KappaSigma
02-25-2009, 11:31 AM
By the way, the colour used in the halls are pure ugly. Very clown colourish.

eblend
02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by oz388

I'm not sure if I like the idea of those bedrooms in Color, most of them don't have a window!?

Our bedroom in the Chocolate has no windows too....kind of blows haha

JDMMAN
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Having no windows really takes getting use to. Especially going from a house to an apartment. Mind you, saves you $$ from getting blinds/drapes/curtains :D

BigMass
02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by eblend

Our bedroom in the Chocolate has no windows too....kind of blows haha

isn't that illegal?

eblend
02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

isn't that illegal?

Don't see how it would be?

TACO.VIDAL
02-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Is it a bedroom or a den that your using as a bedroom?

eblend
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
Is it a bedroom or a den that your using as a bedroom?

My place isn't really a one bedroom...its like a big open living room, and another room behind a curved wall (without a door). We use it as our bedroom....i don't see ANY way you could live anywhere in the living room since there is windows from all directions almost

oz388
02-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by eblend

My place isn't really a one bedroom...its like a big open living room, and another room behind a curved wall (without a door). We use it as our bedroom....i don't see ANY way you could live anywhere in the living room since there is windows from all directions almost

I think the one you are living at is a bachelor suit, there must be a door and a closet to be called "bed room".

oz388
02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

isn't that illegal?

For house it is illegal due to fire regulations, but for high rise buildings it doesn't matter since you are not suppose to jump out of the window in any case...fire exit is already provided.