PDA

View Full Version : Any good websites for steroid resources?

semograd
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Im looking for some sort of steroid encyclopedia.

x.staygold.x
02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
www.steroid.com (http://www.steroid.com)

lol

semograd
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
thats it? lol

Tarrantula
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Its all about the HGH nowadays.

Kloubek
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by semograd
Im looking for some sort of steroid encyclopedia.

Oh, this doesn't have the potential to end badly at ALL!

ragu
02-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

When will people stop being so ignorant about steroids.

Not that I will ever use it, because I believe you can grow without them just fine and neither do I wana look as big as Ronnie Coleman + you need serious supervision in order to know how much you can use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qGvm05swQ

"Are steroids dangerous?
Its not anymore dangerous than a birth control pill is to a woman"

semograd
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM

Its just for some reading material at work. I saw a documentary about them the other day and I just wanted to read into it some more.

banned3x
02-12-2009, 10:47 AM
watch the movie bigger, stronger, faster

semograd
02-12-2009, 10:53 AM
yeah thats the one i saw.

Kona9
02-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Phone some random dude in Kelowna that likes going to the clubs. He should have all the answers you need!

He may even have some Affliction shirts for cheap from his "smaller" days.

civicrider
02-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
Phone some random dude in Kelowna that likes going to the clubs. He should have all the answers you need!

ha ha so true

89coupe
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ragu

When will people stop being so ignorant about steroids.
Are steroids dangerous?

Its not anymore dangerous than a birth control pill is to a woman"

You have to be a fucking idiot to believe something as stupid as that statement.

JAYMEZ
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Buy the book Steriod Bible

Tarrantula
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

You have to be a fucking idiot to believe something as stupid as that statement.

Wrong, they are actually not that bad if taken correctly. I've never taken them and I even know this.

semograd
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
ya isnt birth control technically a steroid that women cycle?

89coupe
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

Wrong, they are actually not that bad if taken correctly. I've never taken them and I even know this.

LOL, riiiight. Did the big guy with the bulging muscles at the gym tell you this?

GQBalla
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM

yes -

89coupe
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM

LOL, go pop your GF's pills and tell us the results.:facepalm:

GQBalla
02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
youve been watching bigger faster stronger havent you semo?

Kona9
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Steroids aren't just a supplement to make your muscles grow. Inhalers for asthmatics are a form of steroid, birth control is another form, etc etc. Different uses, different results.

liquidboi69
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
Steroids aren't just a supplement to make your muscles grow. Inhalers for asthmatics are a form of steroid, birth control is another form, etc etc. Different uses, different results.
Pretty sure when people are talking about steroids they normally mean ANABOLIC steroids.

But yes cortical steroids and birth control are a form...just different types (not anabolic and won't do shit for muscle.)

In that sense, people take "steroids" all the time, but in another sense (anabolic wise)...no. And obviously the OP isn't talking about non-anabolics so I don't know why non-anabolics are being brought up.

Steroid.Com is a good resource (honestly is...the reply isn't just sarcasm)

However, you shouldn't just be worried about steroid info, but PCT info as well.

JfuckinC
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM

LOL, riiiight. Did the big guy with the bulging muscles at the gym tell you this?

Uhh, he's right? I have countless friends who have done cycles and they are jussssssst fine. :dunno:
Try it out, they aren't that bad haha.

semograd
02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Uhh, he's right? I have countless friends who have done cycles and they are jussssssst fine. :dunno:
Try it out, they aren't that bad haha.

Anabolic steroids probably get such a bad rep because all we ever hear about is the results of abusive behavior.

I wonder what would happen if our girl friends suddenly started taking 5 to 10x the regular dose of birth control. Roid rage probably wouldnt begin to describe what would happen next.

JfuckinC
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Anabolic steroids probably get such a bad rep because all we ever hear about is the results of abusive behavior.

I wonder what would happen if our girl friends suddenly started taking 5 to 10x the regular dose of birth control. Roid rage probably wouldnt begin to describe what would happen next.

Thats not a very good comparison... But you are right, they do have a bad rep because of abuse.

ragu
02-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Did you even see the video; if you haven't slam your head on the wall and watch it....

The ignorance I talked about in my first statement is exactly what you're showing. Just because Ronnie Coleman and Greg Valentino abused the shit outta them and others who suffer the consequences doesn't make it bad. The whole point of posting the video was to tell all the ignorant fucks like you that its not the use thats bad but abuse.

If you take 1 tylenol and it helps you recover and since you're dumb you take 100 so that you never get a headache/cold....Does that make tylenol the worst med out there?
:whipped:

Darkane
02-12-2009, 12:15 PM

89, I'm interested in your thoughts about HRT for Hypogonadism.

HRT is a medically administered cycle.. For life.

Tarrantula
02-12-2009, 12:21 PM

Owned. You lose 89.

89coupe
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
You guys are fucking stupid I swear.

Go down to your local doctor and ask him to prescribe you anabolic steroids cause you wanna put on some muscle.

See what he says. Better yet, ask him if any dosage of anabolic steroids is safe, see what he says.

If any of your doctors tells you that its safe, please, please tell me his or her name, cause I will report him for giving you false information. But I have a pretty good hunch that none of them will.

There is absolutely nothing you can say or show me to think otherwise. I don't care what fucking links you provide or bullshit comparison, tv shows, or anything else you try and use as your fucking reference.

They are illegal for a reason!!!

JfuckinC
02-12-2009, 12:25 PM

Your such a pussy.

Wildcat
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Again, another thread gone awry thanks to 89coupe and the bubble he lives in.

IRL
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
lol 89coupe, ignorance at its finest.

semograd
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Go down to your local doctor and ask him to prescribe you anabolic steroids cause you wanna put on some muscle.

See what he says. Better yet, ask him if any dosage of anabolic steroids is safe, see what he says.

If any of your doctors tells you that its safe, please, please tell me his or her name, cause I will report him for giving you false information. But I have a pretty good hunch that none of them will.

Anabolic steroids are used medically to treat wasting diseases are they not?

89coupe
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Go down to your local doctors office and ask him or her if its ok to take anabolic steroids for the use of building muscle.

After you have done that, come back on here and tell us what he or she had to say.

Kona9
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM

So is Marijuana. Look how bad that is for people. I mean...the stats will blow you out of the water with just how dangerous that drug is. I digress, B.O.T.

Darkane
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM

They can be yep. They're used for Hypogonadism, Andropause, AIDS. There's lots.

I've even heard of burn victims.

Not that I'd ever do them, but they aren't as Dangerous as people make believe. Pharmaceutical grade Test Enthanate is pretty much identical to your own.

Some Mexican or Eastern European bottle of Test suspended in a random oil might not be so safe ;)

semograd
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM

Go down to your local doctors office and ask him or her if its ok to take anabolic steroids for the use of building muscle.

After you have done that, come back on here and tell us what he or she had to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid#Medical_and_ergogenic_uses

Im pretty sure you are just being ignorant.

89coupe
02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Believe what you wanna believe, I could care less. I'm just saying it how I see it.

If you want to pollute your body with illegal subtances, go right ahead.

Just don't expect me to believe your bullshit that its safe, good for you, and has no side effects.

JfuckinC
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Just don't expect me to believe your bullshit that its safe, good for you, and has no side effects.

Slow down turbo chump, no one said that.
We're saying they aren't as bad as people(like yourself) make them out to be.

89coupe
02-12-2009, 12:46 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid#Medical_and_ergogenic_uses

Im pretty sure you are just being ignorant.

Take the time and go down to your local doctor and ask him if anabolic steroids are safe to use for the purpose of building muscle.

When you get your answer, post it on here along with your doctors name and number.

Until then, anything you say or post is a big fucking waste of time.

ragu
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM

There is absolutely nothing you can say or show me to think otherwise. I don't care what fucking links you provide or bullshit comparison, tv shows, or anything else you try and use as your fucking reference.

Are you fucking serious? I bet you can't be running on more than 2 brain cells.....

Guess what, I asked my doctor once what he thinks about thermogenics and he started going on from chapter 5 of his medicine book...."even slight dosage can cause heart diseases, extra stress on liver, kidney failure"....Obviously I never discussed anything with him again.

Would you listen to your doctor or a bunch of work out freaks who've spent their lives around one thing and are probably the best at what they do.

"people who made steroids illegal dont even know why they are illegal"

89coupe
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

We're saying they aren't as bad as people(like yourself) make them out to be.

Are you a medical doctor? Do you have degree in medicine and practice?

Aren't as bad? LOL, wtf.

Are you rating them on a scale of 1 to 10 or something? :facepalm:

89coupe
02-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Are you fucking serious? I bet you can't be running on more than 2 brain cells.....

Guess what, I asked my doctor once what he thinks about thermogenics and he started going on from chapter 5 of his medicine book...."even slight dosage can cause heart diseases, extra stress on liver, kidney failure"....Obviously I never discussed anything with him again.

Would you listen to your doctor or a bunch of work out freaks who've spent their lives around one thing and are probably the best at what they do.

"people who made steroids illegal dont even know why they are illegal"

LOL, wow.:facepalm:

JfuckinC
02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I think you just enjoy getting a rise out of everyone. What a waste of time it is replying to you haha..

Darkane
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Believe what you wanna believe, I could care less. I'm just saying it how I see it.

If you want to pollute your body with illegal subtances, go right ahead.

For the most part 89, you're right. However, a simple TRT, or Testosterone Replacement Therapy is quite safe. The dosages mimic natural (high scale) testosterone.

I believe a natural healthy male in his prime will produce approx 100mg test/wk. TRT cycles can vary from 100-250mg/wk. These "cycles" followed with aromatase inhibitors and strict blood work, you probably wouldn't see anything in the form of sides and would be "Healthier" for a man than not having treatment.

Of course a healthy male adding steroids can have adverse effects. It's usually the orals like Dianabol that fuck shit up. That along with no Aromatase inhibitors, or proper Post cycle Therapy at the end will fuck the Endocrine system as well.

Kloubek
02-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I honestly don't disagree with most of 89's comments... even IF steroid use is not as damaging as many make it out to be. Still, people in this thread are totally trying to justify the use of steroids, but the fact remains is that they are NOT good for you. They can cause serious liver and emotional issues, and throw your body out of whack. If you guys want to grow a nice set of titties and die of liver disease - be my guest.

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/anabstereff/anabstereff.html

semograd
02-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Are you a medical doctor? Do you have degree in medicine and practice?

Aren't as bad? LOL, wtf.

Are you rating them on a scale of 1 to 10 or something? :facepalm:

In all fairness, what are you basing your theories off of? I wanted to read up on it because I admit that I dont know much about them at all pros/cons. Before I was like you, afraid of them because of what the news keeps telling us.

But the more reading i do the more I realize how good steroids can be and contrarily why peoples hearts blow up because of them. its actually not a black and white like you think it is.

you should do some reading and formulate your own opinion.

Darkane
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Hmm I just recalled something. Who is the Tour Defrance guy? Armstrong?

He's on TRT and competes still lol. Poor fucker lost his rocks. One of em anyway.

liquidboi69
02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
If you guys want to grow a nice set of titties and die of liver disease - be my guest.

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/anabstereff/anabstereff.html
There is potential for this. However most users research alot before they do anything. They don't take orals (damage liver alot more,) and take PCT (SERM/AI) to reduce chance of gyno.

That's why you see alot of people who take steroids use needles, so their liver doesn't have to take such a hit. I'm betting alot of people replying in this forum didn't do alot of research. The amount of close-mindedness and lack of education on the topic on this thread is alarming.

Maybe OP just wants to learn for the sake of learning about steroids. I would say therapy where doctors give a physiological dose of anabolics is relatively safe. Obviously, the more you do the more dangerous it gets. But same can be said with any drug.

But in the end, if someone decides to take it, it's their individual decision. And if it is a mistake/done improperly, it's a mistake they will have to live with (same with any drug/narcotic). Their morals are not yours.

89coupe
02-12-2009, 02:14 PM

In all fairness, what are you basing your theories off of? I wanted to read up on it because I admit that I dont know much about them at all pros/cons. Before I was like you, afraid of them because of what the news keeps telling us.

But the more reading i do the more I realize how good steroids can be and contrarily why peoples hearts blow up because of them. its actually not a black and white like you think it is.

you should do some reading and formulate your own opinion.

I went to my local Doctor and asked about them. He is a professional medical doctor and surgeon. You know, a person who saves lives for a living. Who dedicated his whole life to medicine, a doctor. You do know what a doctor is right?

He didn't have one good thing to say about them, but offered many negatives and potentials risks to the body.

Heart disease
Liver disease
Kidney disease
Tumors

LOL, you guys are hilarious.

liquidboi69
02-12-2009, 02:20 PM

I went to my local Doctor and asked about them. He is a professional medical doctor and surgeon. You know, a person who saves lives for a living. Who dedicated his whole life to medicine, a doctor. You do know what a doctor is right?

He didn't have one good thing to say about them, but offered many negatives and potentials risks to the body.

Heart disease
Liver disease
Kidney disease
Tumors

LOL, you guys are hilarious.
What's he gonna tell you. They're absolutely safe? They're not. But with any drugs doctors tell you all POTENTIAL affects no matter how small, to cover their ass.

It's like saying saying when you drive a car, you have a chance of killing people, being killed, blowing up, etc. That's why there are people who don't completely listen to doctors or media. They're not wrong per se, but maybe a bit too cautious.

In the end...there are people willing to take that risk, (hopefully an educated risk.) And they don't call people who aren't a pussy or disrespect them, so people on the other side should do the same.

And obviously if you're asking, they're assuming you're asking about a non physiological (non therapeutic dosage) to build muscle, and not to help with aids or muscle wasting. When you ask something like that, it's implied that you are taking them for bodybuilding reasons. Ask your doctor about the way a PHYSIOLOGICAL dose helps sick people..I doubt they'll be as anti-steroid vs. if you gave them the impression that you wanted them for bodybuilding.

It's their JOB to be anti steroid for bodybuilding purposes as it would be unethical in their profession to condone it...even if they aren't anti-steroid/impartial themselves.

89coupe
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night...LOL:facepalm:

A79O
02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

89coupe
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
LOL, sounds like a line used by a dealer.

Yeh man, don't worry, its safe, just don't use more then this amount, trust me, I have a degree in medicine, uh I mean manipulation...LOL:rofl:

:facepalm:

core_upt
02-12-2009, 03:06 PM

legality does not constitute something being beneficial or not - that's poor argument.

Wildcat
02-12-2009, 03:55 PM
I was going to hold off here but I'll be the first to point out that steroids are not illegal but a controlled substance in Canada. It is legal to purchase/posses/use but it is illegal to distribute or posses with the intent to distribute. Same thing applies to all pharmaceuticals and for the same obvious reasons. However the bodybuilding and athletic communities have created a market demand for anabolic steroid sale and production of substances originally intended for medicinal and veterinary purposes. From there it spawned into designer substances made specifically for this subculture. Where there is a demand, there is money to be made.

Unfortunately I don't think this logic is capable of penetrating 89coupe's impenetrable bubble of hate, but take from it what you will.

ragu
02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Weed is illegal, but you can do as much as you want and still not be harmed until Amy Winehouse came along and tested it for 6 continuous hours....there you go, fucking brain damage.

I've studied enough Bio/med in my life and my family is full of docs or surgeons. Let me tell you this, if a substance is illegal a LOT of docs would always say its bad (not all but a lot).

How fucking hard is it for you and others to understand that if taken under complete SUPERVISION, FROM A MOTHERFUCKING DOCTOR you won't have any side effects. Obviously it was a DOC who recommends steroid use, right? so your argument/opinion goes outta the window that no doc would let you use it.

Holy fuck you are one dumb bitch.

Wildcat
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Weed is illegal, but you can do as much as you want and still not be harmed until Amy Winehouse came along and tested it for 6 continuous hours....there you go, fucking brain damage.

I've studied enough Bio/med in my life and my family is full of docs or surgeons. Let me tell you this, if a substance is illegal a LOT of docs would always say its bad (not all but a lot).

How fucking hard is it for you and others to understand that if taken under complete SUPERVISION, FROM A MOTHERFUCKING DOCTOR you won't have any side effects. Obviously it was a DOC who recommends steroid use, right? so your argument/opinion goes outta the window that no doc would let you use it.

Holy fuck you are one dumb bitch.

Hey I know you and I are both in agreement on the topic but holy fuck kid. You sure as shit weren't on the debate team in Highschool.

Your arguments are of opinion, unsubstantiated and downright nonfactual. Please just stop.

ragu
02-12-2009, 04:34 PM
1. Docs wouldn't recommend it because its illegal but there are obviously doctors out there who are supervising these bodybuilders who want to use steroids under a control....

2. They don't need to be facts since I am arguing with 89scoupe who has through out the debate used "doctors study medicine and they know what they're doing, so you can't be right" there is barely any other input he made.

3. You can simply find facts on both sides by searching on google but not many videos from people who have taken it and are talking about it.

Yes, I agree the last one was just bitching to 89 but apart from that; what was so bad about those arguments?

Wildcat
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes, but you have to realize that these arguments with 89coupe just fuel his rants. Sometimes it's funny but mostly it just ends up being annoying.

89coupe
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I couldn't give one shit if anyone on here takes steroids or is 'pro steroids'.

I'm just laughing at the ridiculous arguments you guys are using to justify its use.

It doesn't matter what reports have been published or what evidence has been made available, if a person wants to use it, he or she will find some excuse to justify the use, illegal or not.

Why anyone would want to use such a substance baffles me though.

Personal gain? LOL, more like low self esteem.

A79O
02-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

JNeil
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM

I'm just laughing at the ridiculous arguments you guys are using to justify its use.

Lol I'm sitting here laughing at your ridiculous lack of any argument at all.

Try using some reliable evidence to back up your points. No, "steroids are bad because if you ask a doctor... blah blah.." is not a good argument. If you have any sort of intelligence you certainly aren't using it. I can't even start to talk about steroids because your argumentation is so god damn annoying I can't focus on the topic.

As far as I'm concerned and to my knowledge I see nothing wrong with doing controlled steroids. Doctors give out drugs that are way worse than steroids, and just because they are legal (anybody know why steroids are illegal in the first place, i'm curious) they continue to sell them.

89coupe
02-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by JNeil

Lol I'm sitting here laughing at your ridiculous lack of any argument at all.

Try using some reliable evidence to back up your points. No, "steroids are bad because if you ask a doctor... blah blah.." is not a good argument. If you have any sort of intelligence you certainly aren't using it. I can't even start to talk about steroids because your argumentation is so god damn annoying I can't focus on the topic.

As far as I'm concerned and to my knowledge I see nothing wrong with doing controlled steroids. Doctors give out drugs that are way worse than steroids, and just because they are legal (anybody know why steroids are illegal in the first place, i'm curious) they continue to sell them.

Well geeze, u better call up your local drug dealer to see if you can illegally buy some.

Good luck with that.:facepalm:]

Oh, also ask him where he purchased his product from...LOL

89coupe
02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
LOL, while we are at it, why don't we have a roll call on who does anabolic steroids on here, and why?

Also, who wants to try and what is your reason?

hahaha..pathetic.:facepalm:

Graham_A_M
02-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Wow, that is the most childish logic I've seen employed on here in a LONG time. Have fun ruining your body then. A guy I used to work out with at the gym died this last August at the ripe old age of 35, He had stage 3 kidney failure thanks to the roids he'd always take. His body completely shut down, I'm actually amazed he lasted as long as he did. He had asinine health complications... it was surreal. His body was shit when he died... incessant organ failure. It was the advanced Kidney problems that primarily exastubated it however.

But your SO right, prove each and every one of us wrong, and do it anyway. There is SO much to gain from it though right? you bet. ;) If you could see that persons health issues (and God they were truely saddening, you honestly have NO idea I can tell) you would never even think of touching anything along the lines of steriods ever again. Its just so very frusterating to watch this unfold. :(
And you want to know the real clincher? he wasn't even that "hardcore" into their usage. He probably didn't take any harder steriods then what you are planning on taking. Please think about that. You can get pretty fucking big without taking roids. I've seen some VERY big people that do it completely naturally. It just takes know-how and dedication. :)

liquidboi69
02-12-2009, 11:40 PM
89coupe, do you smoke weed? Just curious, cuz if you do, they are a controlled substance.

It being a controlled substance, would you also justify the use of marijuana?

89coupe
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
89coupe, do you smoke weed? Just curious, cuz if you do, they are a controlled substance.

It being a controlled substance, would you also justify the use of marijuana?

No

yue
02-13-2009, 02:11 AM
- doctors prescribe drugs with worse side effects than anabolic steroids because the alternative is death or intense pain.
- doctors do not sell you the drugs, the pharmacist does that.
- controlled substances are regulated because they create more harm for society than benefits if left unchecked.

TDFTW
02-13-2009, 02:24 AM
how come after all the shit 89coupe starts his navigation packaged ass isn't gps'd the fuck out of here?

semograd
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
LOL, while we are at it, why don't we have a roll call on who does anabolic steroids on here, and why?

Well 89coupe, I do agree that roids are bad for you, but only if abused and taken for vanity purposes. I also think that you need to wake up and see that they are only bad because people use them without being monitored by a doctor. If I take any prescription drug w/o that I will have negative side effects.

Hell, if I abuse multivitamins I could die.

There is a difference between using roids to make your body go from 100% to 150%, and taking roids to get your body from 20% to 75%.

89coupe, do you know anyone that has/had cancer?

Graham_A_M
02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by TDFTW
how come after all the shit 89coupe starts his navigation packaged ass isn't gps'd the fuck out of here?
coming from a guy that's been banned 5 times or so, I find that humorous

x.staygold.x
02-13-2009, 12:16 PM

Cigarettes are worse...why aren't they illegal?

Cause the government makes millions in taxes off them, it's all about money...nothing more.

If they could regulate steroids, they'd be legal too.

x.staygold.x
02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
And you could get heart, liver and kidney disease from being an alcoholic who eats McDonalds everyday...

...and funny, both alcohol and fast food remains legal.

Tarrantula
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM

I would like to try them.

Reason: I want to increase my muscle gaining ability, I dont have very much time to go to the gym since I work 12 hour days so I dont get very much time to go. Also I live in airdrie, and I cant afford to go to the gym all the time with my student loans and the vehicle I drive. Also, because I have known TONS of people who have done them, on cycles (3 months on, 3 months off) without any side effects, there doctors even suggested vitamins/suppliments they could take to lower the risk of damage.

Dr. Ivan Vicha. 273-4667.

Darkane
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Reason: I want to increase my muscle gaining ability, I dont have very much time to go to the gym since I work 12 hour days so I dont get very much time to go. Also I live in airdrie, and I cant afford to go to the gym all the time with my student loans and the vehicle I drive. Also, because I have known TONS of people who have done them, on cycles (3 months on, 3 months off) without any side effects, there doctors even suggested vitamins/suppliments they could take to lower the risk of damage.

Steroids won't magically make you grow. They give your body the anabolic horsepower needed to grow. You have to fuel yourself, precisely at that in order to maximize gains. If not they are a waste. Sure you might gain 10-15pounds of muscle in 2 months, but you could do that naturally in 6 months as a newbie. And yes even guys who think they're "Advanced" are surprised what happens when they start Training right.. more important EATING right.

Don't take offense, I'm not saying your new at this at all, but the age in your profile might tell me otherwise. Usually a decent benchmark is 7-10 years of training before a Cycle.

Your virgin receptors will respond that much better to a cycle if you got a better natural base. Don't waste the peak natural testosterone levels of your life right now.

Tarrantula
02-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Steroids won't magically make you grow. They give your body the anabolic horsepower needed to grow. You have to fuel yourself, precisely at that in order to maximize gains. If not they are a waste. Sure you might gain 10-15pounds of muscle in 2 months, but you could do that naturally in 6 months as a newbie. And yes even guys who think they're "Advanced" are surprised what happens when they start Training right.. more important EATING right.

Don't take offense, I'm not saying your new at this at all, but the age in your profile might tell me otherwise. Usually a decent benchmark is 7-10 years of training before a Cycle.

Your virgin receptors will respond that much better to a cycle if you got a better natural base. Don't waste the peak natural testosterone levels of your life right now.

I probably wouldnt use a steriod, I would go a growth hormone route instead, and yes, I know that eating is a huge part of it.. I have no problem with that.

I dont take offence to anything you said either, its a good tip for anyone :D

liquidboi69
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM

They normally say you shouldn't take any steroid until you are at LEAST 25+ in age. Obviously with the basics down packed.

The reason for this is because when you do your first cycle of PH/AAS, it's POTENTIALLY harder to get natural gains after that. However, if you're older with low test anyway, it won't effect you as much. You want to put as much muscle on with your natural test as possible, and when your hormones go down that's when if at all you should be taking them. Not at 23.

And maybe try a PH cycle before AAS cycle would by my advice. Make sure you have proper PCT if you decide to do either to make sure your hormones go back to normal, and natural gains don't go down as much.

semograd
02-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

And maybe try a PH cycle before AAS cycle would by my advice. Make sure you have proper PCT if you decide to do either to make sure your hormones go back to normal, and natural gains don't go down as much.

where do I read about what you are talking about here?

Spoons
02-13-2009, 04:00 PM
89 I agree with you with a lot of what you say, but when you say it you come off very uneducated on the matter. One post you say you are just saying it how you see it, and then another post you say it as if it is fact. Yes steroids are dangerous:

-Just like smoking is dangerous for my life.
-Just like drinking is dangerous for my life.
-Just like your lunches are dangerous on your wallet.

You can go down to a doctor and ask him if protein supplements etc. are good for you, and he will probably recommend against them. Just like if I went to my doctor and asked him if I should start smoking to look cool. Your doctor will tell you a lot of things are dangerous.

Point trying to be crossed is that steroids are not the devil of a drug. I guarantee you smoke pot yes? They are illegal too, doesn't make them the worst thing for you. Legality has nothing to do with it. Meth is a horrible drug, steroids not so much.

They obviously are not healthy for you, but you won't go and ruin your whole life with them if used properly. It's left up to interpretation right. The media takes hold of the ones who abuse them, and use that for their regime. A lot of anti-drug campaigns target only the people who are abusive with them.

liquidboi69
02-13-2009, 04:05 PM

where do I read about what you are talking about here?
Bodybuilding forums. Bodybuilding.com (a lot of junk there so be careful.) There is also a lot of useful info...if you sort through all the junk/can distinguish what to take seriously. Steroid.com has some useful info.

If you don't know what I'm talking about in my post above:
--
PCT = post cycle treatment (normally SERM/AI)
SERM = selective estrogen receptor modulator (illegal/hard to get [ie Nolvadex])
AI = aromatase inhibitor (decreases estrogen conversion, not illegal ie. Gaspari Novedex XT [sold at GNC, not to be confused with the SERM Nolvadex], Reversitol)
AAS = anabolic androgenic steroid
PH = pro hormone (unsure of legality...but are orals so they will be harder on you liver. However better for first cycle as if you mess it up, side effects/positive effects not as strong as AAS)

Normally side effects correlate to the strength of the AAS (Anavar seems to break this rule). That's why I've been saying, the more you do the more dangerous it gets. The safest is obviously none, and if you are deficient...a dose to get you back to physiological level is obviously the best dosage (ie. if you're 50 and want to have levels of a 25 year old...not 10x the human amount)

Also, it's probably important to take a cycle support supplement in addition to PCT.

Before you do anything, research everything I mentioned above as they're all important if you want to not mess yourself up. Also I've never done any of them so I can't tell you where to get them all. I know that AIs can be bought anywhere pretty easily however.

If you're consider doing anything...make sure you're old enough. I can't stress this enough...if you take it while you're young you'll mess up your potential natural gains. And it is very important have basics down first. No basics, don't bother even taking creatine.

Darkane
02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't use those as AI examples.

Here is excellent info on AI's found at T-nation.com

AI's:

Arimidex: A-dex, seems to be the aromatase inhibitor of choice. Usually doesed from 0.25 - 3.0 mg it is effective even when not used every day. 0.5mgs per day can get rid of up to 50% estrogen.

Aromasin: Aromasin is usally doesed from 20-50 mgs per day. It can raise blood testosterone by 60%, and also help out your free to bound testosterone ratio by lowering levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), by about 20%! It can suppress estrogen by 65-80%. It's a third generation Aromatase Inhibitor just like A-dex and Letro, but unlike these A-dex and Letro, it is a Type I inhibitor. Whats the difference in a Type I and II inhibitor? Well, Type I inhibitors (like Aromasin) are actually steroidal compounds, while type II inhibitors (like Letro and A-dex) are non-steroidal drugs.

Hence, androgenic side effects are very possible with Type-I AIs, and they should probably be avoided by women. Of course, there are some similarities between the two types of AIs�?�both type I & type II AIs mimic normal substrates (essentially androgens), allowing them to compete with the substrate for access to the binding site on the aromatase enzyme. After this binding, the next step is where things differ greatly for the two different types of AI's.

In the case of a type-I AI, the noncompetitive inhibitor will bind, and the enzyme initiates a sequence of hydroxylation; this hydroxylation produces an unbreakable covalent bond between the inhibitor and the enzyme protein. Now, enzyme activity is permanently blocked; even if all unattached inhibitor is removed. Aromatase enzyme activity can only be restored by new enzyme synthesis.

Now, on the other hand, competitive inhibitors, called type II AI's, reversibly bind to the active enzyme site, and one of two things can happen: 1.) either no enzyme activity is triggered or 2.) the enzyme is somehow triggered without effect. The type II inhibitor can now actually disassociate from the binding site, eventually allowing renewed competition between the inhibitor and the substrate for binding to the site. This means that the effectiveness of competitive aromatase inhibitors depends on the relative concentrations and affinities of both the inhibitor and the substrate, while this is not so for noncompetitive inhibitors.

Aromasin is a type-I inhibitor, meaning that once it has done its job, and deactivated the aromatase enzyme, we don�??t need it anymore. Letrozole and Arimidex actually need to remain present to continue their effects. This is possibly why Nolvadex does not alter the pharmacokinetics of Aromasin.

Letro: Letrozole is currently the most powerful aromatase inhibitor available. It has been shown to reduce estrogen levels by 98% or more. Intravenous administration of Letrozole lowered Estrogen by 46% in the young men tested, and 62% in the elderly subjects. Because estrogen is part of the negative feedback loop of the HPTA, Letrozole (and other anti-estrogens) are able to raise testosterone in male subjects. Letrozole was studied in men, and found to significantly increase LH levels to a 339 and 323% in the young and the elderly, respectively and Testosterone by 146 and 99%, respectively.

Letrozole was also able to produce a peak LH response to Gonadatropin Releasing Hormone equal to a 152 and 52% increase from baseline in either young or older men, respectively. In a similar study 0.02 mg of Letrozole increased testosterone by 45% after 2 days. That same twenty micrograms of Letrozole was also enough, in one study done on men, to reduce estrogen levels by roughly a third. Letrozole has a 2-4 day half-life, and it needs to be taken for up to 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level. Letro is best dosed from 0.125-2.5 mgs depending on the desired effect.

Redwagon
02-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Really? Tell me something that is illegal that is beneficial to you?

Originally posted by core_upt

legality does not constitute something being beneficial or not - that's poor argument.

x.staygold.x
02-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Redwagon

Drugs...if you sell them? Hahaha

Spoons
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM

Well if you have glaucoma marijuana is beneficial to you... so somehow it gets legal for use there.

Wildcat
02-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Prostitution

kutt3r
02-14-2009, 06:50 PM
LOL sorry I missed this one...here is my 2 cents for what it is worth.

I think there about 5 people in this whole discussion that are intelligent enough (about steroids) to have an opinion for or against steroids.

Yes doctors will provide steroids, check the boards to see how many cops are legally on roids under a physicians care...

Simply said anything done intelligently can be safe.. but you have to know the risk as well as there certainly is risk and that is the problem most do not educate themselves and end up dead or like Bob on Fight Club...

I had a friend pass away at 22 from steroids...but it was because he never cycled.. well he did, just to more and more..so there is certainly risk. Steroids are the biggest mind f*ck out there, you are 270 one day and you are 240 two days later. Some guys can deal with that and know they put 5-10lbs of mass on, others have to be bigger...

Then there are the 20-30 guys that I know that use responsibly and they are fine.. to each there own.

I do not use as I hate needles.. and could never inject myself, but that does not mean that I have a holier than thou attitude about them either...again to each their own, just take the time to figure out if it is something that you really want, then research the crap out of it and ask people that have done it... you will need help.

The biggest misconception out there and I hate the media for it (A-Rod), steroids are not a free ticket to being big, strong or fast... that is done in the gym and with diet. The guys that I know that have/do use have more work ethic than 90% of 'regular' people and can eat the same sh!t day in and day out. This is what gets them big, dedication. The steroids just help them recover quicker so they can blast in the gym again... Why do you think there is such a difference in natty training vs. geared training.. nattys cannot hope to recover in the time that someone who is on gear can.

I guess the old saying prevails, just like a$$holes, everyone also has an opinion. Not saying anyone is right or wrong, just edumicate yourself on both sides of the debate before you start talking sh!t.

kutt3r
02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

Prostitution

Best post ever...

Spoons
02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r
LOL sorry I missed this one...here is my 2 cents for what it is worth.

I think there about 5 people in this whole discussion that are intelligent enough (about steroids) to have an opinion for or against steroids.

Yes doctors will provide steroids, check the boards to see how many cops are legally on roids under a physicians care...

Simply said anything done intelligently can be safe.. but you have to know the risk as well as there certainly is risk and that is the problem most do not educate themselves and end up dead or like Bob on Fight Club...

I had a friend pass away at 22 from steroids...but it was because he never cycled.. well he did, just to more and more..so there is certainly risk. Steroids are the biggest mind f*ck out there, you are 270 one day and you are 240 two days later. Some guys can deal with that and know they put 5-10lbs of mass on, others have to be bigger...

Then there are the 20-30 guys that I know that use responsibly and they are fine.. to each there own.

I do not use as I hate needles.. and could never inject myself, but that does not mean that I have a holier than thou attitude about them either...again to each their own, just take the time to figure out if it is something that you really want, then research the crap out of it and ask people that have done it... you will need help.

The biggest misconception out there and I hate the media for it (A-Rod), steroids are not a free ticket to being big, strong or fast... that is done in the gym and with diet. The guys that I know that have/do use have more work ethic than 90% of 'regular' people and can eat the same sh!t day in and day out. This is what gets them big, dedication. The steroids just help them recover quicker so they can blast in the gym again... Why do you think there is such a difference in natty training vs. geared training.. nattys cannot hope to recover in the time that someone who is on gear can.

I guess the old saying prevails, just like a$$holes, everyone also has an opinion. Not saying anyone is right or wrong, just edumicate yourself on both sides of the debate before you start talking sh!t.

Right on the dot.

Another miss conception is that it isn't so much the steroids that are highly addictive, but its the new found muscle mass. Everyone knows who works out that getting bigger is an addiction.

But yeah 100% steroids are not a magic drug. Diet and the working out still needs to be done. A good friend of mine is a personal trainer, and his wife is a nurse. He takes steroids, but is very very cautious around it, watches his doses, and his wife monitors it very carefully.

IhateDomestic
02-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
I wouldn't use those as AI examples.

Here is excellent info on AI's found at T-nation.com

AI's:

Arimidex: A-dex, seems to be the aromatase inhibitor of choice. Usually doesed from 0.25 - 3.0 mg it is effective even when not used every day. 0.5mgs per day can get rid of up to 50% estrogen.

Aromasin: Aromasin is usally doesed from 20-50 mgs per day. It can raise blood testosterone by 60%, and also help out your free to bound testosterone ratio by lowering levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), by about 20%! It can suppress estrogen by 65-80%. It's a third generation Aromatase Inhibitor just like A-dex and Letro, but unlike these A-dex and Letro, it is a Type I inhibitor. Whats the difference in a Type I and II inhibitor? Well, Type I inhibitors (like Aromasin) are actually steroidal compounds, while type II inhibitors (like Letro and A-dex) are non-steroidal drugs.

Hence, androgenic side effects are very possible with Type-I AIs, and they should probably be avoided by women. Of course, there are some similarities between the two types of AIs�?�both type I & type II AIs mimic normal substrates (essentially androgens), allowing them to compete with the substrate for access to the binding site on the aromatase enzyme. After this binding, the next step is where things differ greatly for the two different types of AI's.

In the case of a type-I AI, the noncompetitive inhibitor will bind, and the enzyme initiates a sequence of hydroxylation; this hydroxylation produces an unbreakable covalent bond between the inhibitor and the enzyme protein. Now, enzyme activity is permanently blocked; even if all unattached inhibitor is removed. Aromatase enzyme activity can only be restored by new enzyme synthesis.

Now, on the other hand, competitive inhibitors, called type II AI's, reversibly bind to the active enzyme site, and one of two things can happen: 1.) either no enzyme activity is triggered or 2.) the enzyme is somehow triggered without effect. The type II inhibitor can now actually disassociate from the binding site, eventually allowing renewed competition between the inhibitor and the substrate for binding to the site. This means that the effectiveness of competitive aromatase inhibitors depends on the relative concentrations and affinities of both the inhibitor and the substrate, while this is not so for noncompetitive inhibitors.

Aromasin is a type-I inhibitor, meaning that once it has done its job, and deactivated the aromatase enzyme, we don�??t need it anymore. Letrozole and Arimidex actually need to remain present to continue their effects. This is possibly why Nolvadex does not alter the pharmacokinetics of Aromasin.

Letro: Letrozole is currently the most powerful aromatase inhibitor available. It has been shown to reduce estrogen levels by 98% or more. Intravenous administration of Letrozole lowered Estrogen by 46% in the young men tested, and 62% in the elderly subjects. Because estrogen is part of the negative feedback loop of the HPTA, Letrozole (and other anti-estrogens) are able to raise testosterone in male subjects. Letrozole was studied in men, and found to significantly increase LH levels to a 339 and 323% in the young and the elderly, respectively and Testosterone by 146 and 99%, respectively.

Letrozole was also able to produce a peak LH response to Gonadatropin Releasing Hormone equal to a 152 and 52% increase from baseline in either young or older men, respectively. In a similar study 0.02 mg of Letrozole increased testosterone by 45% after 2 days. That same twenty micrograms of Letrozole was also enough, in one study done on men, to reduce estrogen levels by roughly a third. Letrozole has a 2-4 day half-life, and it needs to be taken for up to 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level. Letro is best dosed from 0.125-2.5 mgs depending on the desired effect.

Holy shit. :confused: *headache looking* LOL

You must have a science degree? :rofl:

liquidboi69
02-17-2009, 12:31 AM
^ If you read...it's an excerpt from T-Nation :confused:

msommers
02-17-2009, 02:54 AM
You really want to learn about steroids and all its uses? Find some fucking medical journals and stay the fuck out of forums.
Moreover, if you were some uneducated smuck looking for steroid advice, take this very obvious tip. The guys that appear knowledgeable and are presenting the 'jist of it' ARE NOT TAKING STEROIDS EVEN THOUGH THEY APPEAR TO KNOW ABOUT THEM.

I really wish I could post PDF files on here.

EDIT: This thread reminded me back in the day of my arch nemesis, VW something. At first I thought he was serious about steroids not being a big deal, then it broke into complete retardation with him saying he smokes a pack of cigs while doing 2000 laps:rofl::rofl: Where is that fuckin retard these days, I need a laugh.

Darkane
02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by msommers
You really want to learn about steroids and all its uses? Find some fucking medical journals and stay the fuck out of forums.

That's where I find most of the links for the Journals :rofl:

I just read some wicked shit on hCG. Anybody got some opinions on that?

msommers
02-17-2009, 11:22 PM
*serious but none-dick ton*
I'm actually quite curious how you're getting full articles shown and not just abstracts.

charizard
02-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
-Just like your lunches are dangerous on your wallet.

well played sir