PDA

View Full Version : Advice on my workout routine

scboss
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Ive been making good gains off this now on the last 6 weeks. Ive worked out for over a year now and this is how my new routine and im just looking for a bit of advice to make it beter if i even can. Btw reason no dead lift is a back injury about 1 months ago but it will be replacing hack squat machine and back hyperextensions soon.

Day 1 Chest/Cardio
warmup 10 minute cardio then 1 sets on pec dec for 12 reps to warm up your chest
Inlcine olympic bar 4 sets 6-8 reps
Flat olympic bar 4 sets 6-8
Decline cable push 4 sets 6-8
Incline flys dumbells 3 sets 6-8
Flat Flys dumbells 3 sets 6-8
Then 20 min cardio

Day 2 Back/Cardio
Warmup 10 minutes on row machine
Bent over olmpic bar row 4 sets 6-8
Dumbell row on flat bench4 sets 6-8
Widest grip pull ups on assist machine 4 sets 6-10
Decline pull downs with wide grip 4 sets 6-8
Dumbell pullovers 3 sets 6-8
20 minute cardio

Day 3 Shoulders/Arms
Start off with 10 min warmup
Clean and press with olympic bar 4 sets 6-8
Arnold presses off of excercise ball 4 sets 6-8
Seated front raises 3 sets 6-8
Seated side raises 3 sets 6-8
Superset wide grip bicep curl bar w/ Wide grip cable pulldown 3 sets 6-8
Superset bicep curls on incline bench w/ Close grip bench press 3 sets 6-8
Superset hammer curls w/ weighted dips 3 sets or until failure 6-8
Shoulder shrugs 3 sets 6-8
5 minute cooldown

Day 4 Legs/Core
10 minute warmup then one set of leg exensions for 12 reps
Squats with olympic bar 4 sets 6-8
Hack squat machine 4 sets 6-8
Leg extension(lighter weight held for 5 seconds at top of movement) 3 sets 6-8
Standing Leg curls 3 sets 6-8
Seated calve raises 4 sets 6-8
Back hyperextensions 4 sets of 12 w/ weight on chest
Cables crunches with rope attachment 4 sets of 8-10
Cable woodchops 4 sets 8-10
Leg raises until failure 4 sets
5 min cooldown

Iam currently taking only a whey protien and am trying to stay cut as i gain. Im just trying to perfect my workouts so i dont waste any time. Thanks for your input

lint
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
goals?

Wildcat
02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
There's a lot I'd change here.

KRyn
02-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Are you training for strength or vanity... I mean size?

Darkane
02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Holy volume batman.

scboss
02-11-2009, 10:14 PM
im trying to gain size and strength while staying lean so far ive gone from 163 to 185 in about a year and a half

blacklabel
02-11-2009, 11:11 PM
What was your diet like to gain the 30 pounds? I'm trying to put some weight on.

scboss
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
ive just been eating as much as possible of anything and taking isoflex by quickmass.

kutt3r
02-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Lots of volume and lots of conflicting info...

Still doing cleans with a back injury? If you can do cleans then you can do light deads or rack pulls.

I keep looking and just don't know where to start... might want to consider a simpler powerbuilder routine... unless your on gear or 20, then continue... my old ass could not handle that volume.

Seriously if it is working for you then great... if its not then be specific as to what is lacking, you are hitting everything multiple times so there is nothing really missing.

:D

scboss
02-17-2009, 03:47 AM
i am currently 23 :D the only problem i have is that my arm strength is going up extremely slow..... should i maybe have a day just for that?

kutt3r
02-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by warcaster
i am currently 23 :D the only problem i have is that my arm strength is going up extremely slow..... should i maybe have a day just for that?

Ugh... personal pet peeve... arm days...
My arms have gone up 3/4" with compound movements.. not one curl or tri extension, just old fashion heavy lifting.

I do not even know what I could curl....

You have lots of great movements.. but volume you have to let the muscle heal after you shred it.

Cutting back to 3 days has been the best thing for me... I am hurting after the workout but by the time I am back in I am ready to go again.. but you have youth on your side :D

Ex. you do back (biceps) and then you hit arms the next day... your curls should be trash if you have worked your back hard enough.

Again, this is me, I think Wildcat and Darkane follow more of the bodybuilder routines, where I am strictly PL right now. So they might have better insight.