PDA

View Full Version : 2009 lancer se?

zorb1
02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey guys,

So i'm looking for a new whip, my 04 civic is a box on wheels :(, currently looking at lancer SE 2009 so it's about 22G or so with auto tranny...any other suggestions?

Eleanor
02-11-2009, 04:37 PM
New Civic? :dunno:

gpomp
02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
new mazda3? :dunno:

zorb1
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
new mazda3? :dunno:

I'll take a look, LOVE the new mazda 6 bit expensive though :(,

And yea new civic is sweet LOVE the digital odometer..

Tarrantula
02-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Anything but a lancer?:dunno:

BigDannyCool
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM
the only good lancer is an evo.

zorb1
02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
the only good lancer is an evo.

the only good civic is an NSX? :facepalm:

Aleks
02-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Civic
or
Rabbit

I ended up buying a Rabbit and liked it so much that it got me thinking of a GTI eventually.

blownz
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by zorb1
...LOVE the digital odometer..

You should also look at a mid eighties Cavalier, Taurus, or any Buick/Olds/Chrysler from that era. It will save you a lot of money... (up front anyway...) :D

Eleanor
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
the only good civic is an NSX? :facepalm: Seriously? That's your response?

BigDannyCool
02-11-2009, 05:30 PM

lol

Generic
02-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Fail. Those Lancers have THE WORST resale ever. Just terrible. They really aren't that great. For the same price, why not buy an E46 M3 or STI?

Eleanor
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Please show me an e46 M3 or STi for 22g's CAD

n1zm0
02-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

23k (http://calgary.repo.com/details/33125) :D

but do you want a 130k sti that was probably owned buy a criminal (repo)?

nightfx
02-11-2009, 06:10 PM

At least his statement made sense. :facepalm:

Generic
02-11-2009, 06:14 PM

there's tons of them. More E46 M3's though for that price.

4AGE
02-11-2009, 06:25 PM

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Eleanor
02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Generic
there's tons of them. More E46 M3's though for that price. Links please, and with clean titles.

schocker
02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Links please, and with clean titles.
x2
How many miles do they have?
All of themmmmm

heavyD
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
Anything but a lancer?:dunno:

Lancers are competent cars. I don't understand the hate for them on beyond. They are reliable and aren't near as bland as the competition. There are much more bland and crappier cars in the segment. The latest Civic isn't that great nor is the Corolla as you are paying more for names not necessarily a better car. The Imprezza looks like a Corolla and comes with as Car & Driver describes as "The hard, shiny plastics on the dash and doors are unacceptable even in far cheaper cars these days" and I agree after spending time in a WRX. The Rabbit is okay as long as you realize they cost more to own. The Sentra doesn't really count because nobody buys them anyway for good reason. I will say the the new Mazda 3 does look promising except for the ugly front end as long as Mazda has improved their reliability.

I'm not saying the Lancer is the best of the lot but we are talking about entry level cars here. There's not alot that really differentiates cars in this group and for the most part they are all realiable. Choose the one that you like the best.

zorb1
02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
lol i love civics, i only wanted to defend the lancer a little, yea i agree i haven't seen a whack of lancers on the road, and i like the look of the civic..

i guess ill hit a honda and mitsu dealership, brother likes the rabbit..but i think honda would be a better choice over that..thanks for the responses.

Generic
02-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by schocker

x2
How many miles do they have?
All of themmmmm

search Ontario autotrader
tons here, lots come in from the US.

SRT10Killer
02-11-2009, 11:49 PM

rofl I was about to say the same thing

here is an idea, why don't you get a real car :
http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94767

zorb1
02-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer

rofl I was about to say the same thing

here is an idea, why don't you get a real car :
http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94767

good read, too bad i can't drive stick :P

zorb1
02-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by blownz

You should also look at a mid eighties Cavalier, Taurus, or any Buick/Olds/Chrysler from that era. It will save you a lot of money... (up front anyway...) :D

fucking dyslexia. :rofl:

methodicreign
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Learn to drive stick.. seriously, it helps the driving experience

4doorj
02-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Lancers are competent cars. I don't understand the hate for them on beyond. They are reliable and aren't near as bland as the competition. There are much more bland and crappier cars in the segment. The latest Civic isn't that great nor is the Corolla as you are paying more for names not necessarily a better car. The Imprezza looks like a Corolla and comes with as Car & Driver describes as "The hard, shiny plastics on the dash and doors are unacceptable even in far cheaper cars these days" and I agree after spending time in a WRX. The Rabbit is okay as long as you realize they cost more to own. The Sentra doesn't really count because nobody buys them anyway for good reason. I will say the the new Mazda 3 does look promising except for the ugly front end as long as Mazda has improved their reliability.

I'm not saying the Lancer is the best of the lot but we are talking about entry level cars here. There's not alot that really differentiates cars in this group and for the most part they are all realiable. Choose the one that you like the best.
I agree the new generation Lancer is a sweet looking car. I find the Lancer to be far from bland.
Much better looking then the new generation impreza and corolla's.

zorb1
02-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

I agree the new generation Lancer is a sweet looking car. I find the Lancer to be far from bland.
Much better looking then the new generation impreza and corolla's.

UPDATE:

took the lancer se for a spin, performance is complete shit and the interior is extremely cheap, car looks great from the outside..but i think it's GTS or bust..

Right now im leaning towards civic/civic coupe :)

HHURICANE1
02-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I really like the looks of the Lancer and probably would have bought one if the local dealers weren't complete asshats. It was a toss up between the Lancer and the Mazda 3 and the 3 won just because the dealer seemed to give a shit vs. the Mitsu dealers who either didn't have one in stock or really didn't want to give me the time of day. I had to go back 3 times trying to get a test drive and even when I got one it was a 10 minute "you're wasting my time" once around the block drive. ALL the other dealers I went to offered a drive within 5 minutes of me walking in the door. I like Mitsu but I will not deal with either of the Calgary dealers again.

YamahaV8
02-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey guys,

So i'm looking for a new whip, my 04 civic is a box on wheels :(, currently looking at lancer SE 2009 so it's about 22G or so with auto tranny...any other suggestions?

How is your 04 civic a box on wheels already? Do you neglect maintenance or did you mean it was always a box on wheels?

zorb1
02-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8

How is your 04 civic a box on wheels already? Do you neglect maintenance or did you mean it was always a box on wheels?

not neglect, but when i bought it, it was basic. so driving a car with power windows, traction before kinda spoiled me..definately not in terms of it's abused. but basic

zorb1
02-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
I really like the looks of the Lancer and probably would have bought one if the local dealers weren't complete asshats. It was a toss up between the Lancer and the Mazda 3 and the 3 won just because the dealer seemed to give a shit vs. the Mitsu dealers who either didn't have one in stock or really didn't want to give me the time of day. I had to go back 3 times trying to get a test drive and even when I got one it was a 10 minute "you're wasting my time" once around the block drive. ALL the other dealers I went to offered a drive within 5 minutes of me walking in the door. I like Mitsu but I will not deal with either of the Calgary dealers again.

yea well they gave us a test drive right away, they had their thumbs in their asses when we went..lol recession...but aren't really giving us a deal on the trade in....

2010 mazda 3 changes the look..worth it?

Zero102
02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Most car companies are changing the looks in 2010. If you are looking for a killer deal on new(ish) cars then look at 1 year old lease returns. Most of the depreciation is already absorbed into their prices and lots of them are under 20,000km.
My other suggestion would be if you can stand to wait until this fall, once all of the new 2010 models are out it will finish smashing the resale value of the older generation of cars (i.e. 08/09 mazda 3 for example) and you should be able to pick up something well optioned with low mileage for cheap.

My M-I-L has an 07 mazda 3 and she is super happy with it. The interior fit and finish is really quite good and the pricing of 1 year old mazda 3's (so, 08's now) is really quite reasonable. I find the suspension is too hard, the seats are uncomfortable and the throttle is just too jumpy (a lame attempt to make it feel over-powered instead of under-powered), but that is really all I can pick on it for. It has a lot of nicer points too, really quiet on the inside even at highway speeds, lots of room and the interior design is really quite nice as well.

*EDIT*
As I was never really looking into mazda's and have only occasionally driven my MIL's I am not really familiar with the trim levels and options that are available, but a quick search on canadatrader turns up 52 08-or-newer mazda 3's under $20k. Some of them are higher mileage and have better options, but there are a handful with 20,000km or less on them as well. I'd link them but I know canadatrader fucks up really bad if I try to link the ads.

Also wanted to add my 2 cents on the lancer, I would pretty much echo what you have said so far, the interior is absolute crap and they can't even get out of their own way.

zorb1
02-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Most car companies are changing the looks in 2010. If you are looking for a killer deal on new(ish) cars then look at 1 year old lease returns. Most of the depreciation is already absorbed into their prices and lots of them are under 20,000km.
My other suggestion would be if you can stand to wait until this fall, once all of the new 2010 models are out it will finish smashing the resale value of the older generation of cars (i.e. 08/09 mazda 3 for example) and you should be able to pick up something well optioned with low mileage for cheap.

My M-I-L has an 07 mazda 3 and she is super happy with it. The interior fit and finish is really quite good and the pricing of 1 year old mazda 3's (so, 08's now) is really quite reasonable. I find the suspension is too hard, the seats are uncomfortable and the throttle is just too jumpy (a lame attempt to make it feel over-powered instead of under-powered), but that is really all I can pick on it for. It has a lot of nicer points too, really quiet on the inside even at highway speeds, lots of room and the interior design is really quite nice as well.

*EDIT*
As I was never really looking into mazda's and have only occasionally driven my MIL's I am not really familiar with the trim levels and options that are available, but a quick search on canadatrader turns up 52 08-or-newer mazda 3's under $20k. Some of them are higher mileage and have better options, but there are a handful with 20,000km or less on them as well. I'd link them but I know canadatrader fucks up really bad if I try to link the ads.

Also wanted to add my 2 cents on the lancer, I would pretty much echo what you have said so far, the interior is absolute crap and they can't even get out of their own way.

yea right on my 04 civic kills the 09 lancers..it's pathetic..they may change the civic for 2010 since it's been 4 years since the facelift...i could wait, but it'll only hurt my 04's value at the same time. i woulden't mind buying used but i need to sell my own civic, dealers trading are in are definately an option unless i can sell it priv..

zorb1
03-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

*EDIT*

Like to bump this thread, dealer offered me 2009 civic LX 2dr auto for 21,000 OTD, savings of 4,000 over MSRP :clap: what do you guys think?

Aleks
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM

Like to bump this thread, dealer offered me 2009 civic LX 2dr auto for 21,000 OTD, savings of 4,000 over MSRP :clap: what do you guys think?

That's a cash purchase or can you lease at that price?

Times are tough for everyone now is the best time to buy a car if you can afford it.

But yeah 4 grand off a civic is a pretty sweet deal.

zorb1
03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

That's a cash purchase or can you lease at that price?

Times are tough for everyone now is the best time to buy a car if you can afford it.

But yeah 4 grand off a civic is a pretty sweet deal.

cash is king, waiting on new cash incentives but what i was offered was

1500 cash rebate
1000 honda loyalty
1500 off from dealership (their total markup)

lmfao

alloroc
03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
New ford focus also looks pretty nice.

blownz
03-03-2009, 10:42 AM

cash is king, waiting on new cash incentives but what i was offered was

1500 cash rebate
1000 honda loyalty
1500 off from dealership (their total markup)

lmfao

Sounds pretty good. That much off a new civic was unheard of a few years ago.

Only thing I would recommend is get the 5 speed if you know how to drive a manual. I had a 2 door lx auto as a rental a year ago and it was brutally slow and the engine/transmission seemed really rough and unrefined. I was so dissapointed in the car I actually went to a Honda dealer after to test drive the 5 speed because I was really curious what the hype was with these cars. The 5 speed while still quite slow did feel a lot smoother. I noticed the same thing with the new Corolla. Autos in these economy cars don't seem to be very good.

zorb1
03-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by blownz

Sounds pretty good. That much off a new civic was unheard of a few years ago.

Only thing I would recommend is get the 5 speed if you know how to drive a manual. I had a 2 door lx auto as a rental a year ago and it was brutally slow and the engine/transmission seemed really rough and unrefined. I was so dissapointed in the car I actually went to a Honda dealer after to test drive the 5 speed because I was really curious what the hype was with these cars. The 5 speed while still quite slow did feel a lot smoother. I noticed the same thing with the new Corolla. Autos in these economy cars don't seem to be very good.

good call, yea almost a year ago you were lucky to get 300-500 off cash purchase on a civic, now 4G's. IMO a few dealerships will go bust next year starting with the americans......

ill post pics once i get the beast :clap: