PDA

View Full Version : Worst wreck where the driver didnt get killed

MoDo27
02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
This is insane, you will think the guy is BS'ing but he isn't.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Test&Number=5013762&page=0&fpart=1

Graham_A_M
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
no kidding. The Grim Reaper must have been busy dropping the Cosby's off at the local pool when that happened.
WOW.. I'm truely amazed he lived... honestly...

(studded snow tires on the dry pavement, leave alone mis-matched ones, clever indeed :rolleyes: )

scat19
02-12-2009, 08:50 AM
How did you get that he had mismatched tires? The first pic showed the car in summer mode, and on the next page he has a pic of the car just before the crash with snow tires it crashed with.

They were just studded snow tires on dry pavement.

chkolny541
02-12-2009, 09:15 AM
wow, i cant believe anyone could survive that, the only part left intact looks to be the drivers area, i couldnt imagine what would have happened if he had a passenger. But what a lucky idiot, sounds like he was driving wayyyyy to fast for the conditions of the road.

Kloubek
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Too fast for road conditions, and with the wrong tires to boot.

Amazing he survived - with only a broken nose, no less.

Nice car though.... or... it WAS.

Redlyne_mr2
02-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Wow buddy is hardcore lol

I had a note on the car and needed the insurance money to cover the balance. I tried to keep the drivetrain but that really impacted the payout.

Doozer
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by scat19
How did you get that he had mismatched tires? The first pic showed the car in summer mode, and on the next page he has a pic of the car just before the crash with snow tires it crashed with.

They were just studded snow tires on dry pavement. Mismatched front-to-back. In the picture showing the winter tires, the front rim still looks like it's the same as the summer tire picture.

m3_powered
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
what bullshit..pics on the second page is not even the same car!
look at the rear end on the first two pics, fucking demolished, then compare them to the last two on the second page.:bullshit:

nonlinear
02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
those pictures look like they are 30 years old and have been scanned...

plus, the 'wreck' is totally fake. how could the cab and firewall and engine bay be totally seperated from the chassis, and the hood is sticking up without even the slightest wrinkle.

whatever :bullshit:

m3_powered
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
If you look at the striped decal on the side of the body in the pic before the crash the stripe runs just under the taillights but in the crash pics its above the tailights. If anybody still cares?:dunno:

delled
02-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by m3_powered
If you look at the striped decal on the side of the body in the pic before the crash the stripe runs just under the taillights but in the crash pics its above the tailights. If anybody still cares?:dunno:

It's laying upside down in the crash pics thats the bumper on top.

Tik-Tok
02-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
Mismatched front-to-back. In the picture showing the winter tires, the front rim still looks like it's the same as the summer tire picture.

Yeah, looks like he only put the winters on the rear, which was REALLY common practice back then, people just didn't know better.

Originally posted by m3_powered
what bullshit..pics on the second page is not even the same car!
look at the rear end on the first two pics, fucking demolished, then compare them to the last two on the second page.:bullshit:

So you're admitting you're one of those people who only look at the pretty pictures, and don't bother reading? Or just someone who doesn't know sarcasm?

m3_powered
02-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by delled

It's laying upside down in the crash pics thats the bumper on top.

ahh ha...my bad:thumbsup:

m3_powered
02-13-2009, 09:35 PM
So you're admitting you're one of those people who only look at the pretty pictures, and don't bother reading? Or just someone who doesn't know sarcasm? [/B][/QUOTE]

the latter