PDA

View Full Version : O'neal traded to the Heat for Marion

bigboom
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=266977&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

well looks like the deal is finally done. hopefully this makes bosh happy. this should be fun to watch as the raps finally have a second option for scoring and someone that actually knows how to rebound.

Impreza
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Finally! That deal took forever to complete haha

5hift
02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah it took forever because the Heat wanted to see if O'Neal could play in 2 consecutive games without going down with an injury. This is great for the Raptors. Bargani was killing it when he was starting at center. Now him, Marion, and Bosh on the front court. As soon as Calderon is healthy they are going to be the run n gun Phoenix-Suns North Colangelo was thinking of from the begining.

bigboom
02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
Yeah it took forever because the Heat wanted to see if O'Neal could play in 2 consecutive games without going down with an injury. This is great for the Raptors. Bargani was killing it when he was starting at center. Now him, Marion, and Bosh on the front court. As soon as Calderon is healthy they are going to be the run n gun Phoenix-Suns North Colangelo was thinking of from the begining.

haha yeah but now marion has health issues too with his back. Bargs is hit and miss though although the last few games he lit it up.

anarchy
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Its about time. Excellent deal for the Raps. Regardless of how you break it down, JO was a waste on this team.

As I mentioned in the other thread, its win-win for the Raps.

Bargs gets more playing time to develop, marion provides rebounding and another scoring option, and they get significant cap space in the summer when he leaves. All for an expensive injured center and Moon?

No brainer.

Oh and Banks is a nice edition to their depth too.

OH-EIGHT
02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
banks is pretty useless,
he can play some d, hes got speed
but i doubt he can play proper PG on offense
he was only included to make the contracts match...

urbannomad
02-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Banks > Roko + Solomon.

We had no wing defense, and now we do...sort of..our rebounding might increase, but our blocks per game will go down most definitely.

Will be fun to see how this pans out.

holden
02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by urbannomad
Banks > Roko + Solomon.

We had no wing defense, and now we do...sort of..our rebounding might increase, but our blocks per game will go down most definitely.

Will be fun to see how this pans out.

I doubt that Banks will make the lineup. They woul'd much rather develop Roko (did you see him in the Spurs game?).

The real question is what they plan to do with the extra cap space when Marion walks away this summer? You know they're gonna try to do something to try and make CB4 happy.

bigboom
02-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by holden

I doubt that Banks will make the lineup. They woul'd much rather develop Roko (did you see him in the Spurs game?).

The real question is what they plan to do with the extra cap space when Marion walks away this summer? You know they're gonna try to do something to try and make CB4 happy.

Roko just needs some more confidence and PT. Tat game against the spurs was wicked, he took TP and won the game.

sexualbanana
02-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by bigboom

Roko just needs some more confidence and PT. Tat game against the spurs was wicked, he took TP and won the game.

Ukic is going to get very little playing time. Parker's been getting more reps as the back up PG and Triano has said he likes the way the 2nd line runs with him at the point. I only see Banks has a filler for the trade to make up for the $3 million cap on cash trades. I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded off again really soon unless Calderon AND Parker go down with significant injuries. Then Banks will start, and probably splitting time with Ukic. Otherwise, Banks just adds to the log jam at the point guard spot for the Raptors.