PDA

View Full Version : Break in... again

Genjuro
02-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Yes, this is another "fuck the NE" thread. So stop reading now and press back if your just going to try and defend the North East.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/189052/i-hate-the-north-east/

I moved to the NE from SW a couple years ago. In these 2 years my company car was broken into 3 times and stolen once. Today I find myself rudely awaken at 6:30am by my alarm for my personal vehicle this time. As usual thinking that someone may have bumped into it again while walking by, as it is parked in my underground stall. In no hurry to go check on my key ring (where the 2way remote is), I get up and dressed to see that the door image shown has been tampered with... That's strange. So I rush downstairs and see that my car door is wide open and glass exploded around it. Surprisingly nothing was stolen this time. The thief tried to take my deck but I guess he got startled and left.

I called my condo management again like the other times and asked them review the surveillance tapes as there is a camera fixed on my car. They said they couldn’t until Tuesday. By that time the 48 hour recording will be erased though. I called CPS and a constable showed up 10 min later.

The reason why this is a “fuck the NE” thread is because in the hour that I’ve been downstairs talking with the police, I also spoke to 5 others that were going in and out of the parking lot. Each one of them has had their car broken into so far this year. In my 2 years here this is all I’ve been hearing: Break-ins, Stabbings and of course shootings.
Never in my life would I think that in every 4 months I would need to replace a window on my cars. Maybe I just don’t hear it from other quadrants or it just doesn’t happen as frequent. I think it’s time for me to move back to the west side.

/rant again.

Anyone know where I can find a drivers side window for a 97 240sx? :(

frozenrice
02-14-2009, 10:20 AM
That's BS. Sorry to hear. Hope they catch the SOB.

BrknFngrs
02-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Why don't you move?

AE92_TreunoSC
02-14-2009, 10:26 AM
My moms corolla got broken into 4 times in 2 months, same window everytime.

Since then my entire family has left the NE.

I dont even like leaving my vehicles on the street overnight at friends houses, I even take a primary fuse out and leave the glovebox open when I leave it outside.

Genjuro
02-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Why don't you move?

I'm working on that now.

chkolny541
02-14-2009, 02:28 PM
brutal, i would get out of there asap.
5% tint all around :dunno: lol

Genjuro
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
lol i dont have any tint on the car, and im sure if i did this would have happened sooner.

foreverchina
02-15-2009, 12:34 AM
straight up NE is fwuckeddd my car has been broken into twice. i came from ontario and coming to calgary all i ever hear about is shootings, stabbings, theif, ppl setting cars/houses on fire, etc

yue
02-15-2009, 12:52 AM
instead of generalizing the N.E, why don't you guys start posting the neighborhoods where all this shit happens to you?

sid_the_skid
02-15-2009, 02:02 AM
I for one will never move to the ne. The few friends I have that live there already want to move (and they've only lived there less than a year)

Everything about the ne is brutal lets be honest. they should just stop development.

black13
02-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Car theft in general is a joke. I've had two decks stolen in the SW and I've never heard of CPS catching these guys. There should be way more bait programs to get some of these fuckers off the streets. Just cause the damage is less than a $1000, doesn't mean they shouldn't care.

TDFTW
02-15-2009, 03:24 AM
living in the south i never had breakins etc.

living in the northeast (whitehorn and martindale) ive experienced 3 vehicle thefts. 8 stolen stereos, 3 broken windows, and 9 different cars i've owned over time broken into at least 2-3 times a piece.

its got to the point i dont lock my shit up and dont keep nothing valuable inside, because trying to replace windows in the winter time got verrrrrrry frustrating.

OP - where abouts was this? i'm not aware of to many condos setup with underground parking in this area, which neighborhood you in? and bucks auto had a 1995 240sx there about 2 weeks ago

DNSRadio
02-15-2009, 04:21 AM
I hate how ppl like to generalize the NE

listed below is what falls into the NE according the CREB.

# Abbeydale
# Applewood
# Arbour Lake
# Beddington
# Bridgeland
# Castleridge
# Castleridge Estates
# Coral Springs
# Country Hills
# Country Hills Village
# Coventry Hills
# Cranston
# Crescent Heights
# East Mayland Heights
# Falconridge
# Glenbrook
# Greenview
# Harvest Hills
# Highland Park
# Huntington Hills
# Jensen
# Marlboro
# Marlborough
# Marlborough Park
# Martindale
# Mayland Heights
# McCall Airwys Ind Pk
# Monterey Park
# Mount Royal
# Ogden Lynnwd Millcan
# Old Town
# Panorama Hills
# Pineridge
# Redcarpet Mountview
# Renfrew Regal Terrace
# Rundle
# Saddle Ridge Stoney Ind
# Saddleridge
# Taradale
# Temple
# Thorncliffe
# Tuxedo
# Victoria Park
# Vista Heights
# Whitehorn
# Winston Heights Mountview

so it would be better to give specifics of where your condo is and etc.

Genjuro
02-15-2009, 04:27 AM
I'm not going to disclose my area for my own security reasons but lets say its between 16th ave and mcknight blvd.

yue
02-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Genjuro
I'm not going to disclose my area for my own security reasons but lets say its between 16th ave and mcknight blvd.
your car has been broken into 3 times and stolen once and you're worried about security on the internet?:rofl:

Jackc
02-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by DNSRadio

# Cranston

Definetly not NE.

Gabe182
02-15-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm not "defending" the NE or whatever but I have lived in mayland heights all my life, and I've had some easy cars to break into and I've never been broken into and neither have any of my buddys up here.

my brother lived by terradale and it sucked up there, always had to worry about the car. He got pissed and just moved to Okotoks lol

THE GOVERNATOR
02-15-2009, 08:20 AM
wow that sucks to hear man, i'll see what i can find for a window for a 97 240sx. i've been living in the NE for 2 weeks now. but seems like its a very very quiet neighborhood (Taradale). but then again i think i have the oldest car on my block. so maybe the car theifs if any are after all the newer bimmers hondas and nissans.

Masked Bandit
02-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Your troubles may have more to do with the fact you are in underground parking instead of it being the NE.

Now I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of people come on here and say "I have underground parking and I've never had a problem" but here's why I say this.

I've been doing insurance for almost a decade now and by FAR, the largest location of car prowlings (vandalism, theft, B&E) come from underground parkades. I'm guessing it's because nobody is watching? I get more claims from residential underground parking than I do from C-Train stations (if you can believe that).

sid_the_skid
02-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DNSRadio

# Arbour Lake

umm no

BigDannyCool
02-15-2009, 12:46 PM
i wouldn't blame the NE on your problems. I'd say blame your condo for having the poor security it has and allowing these theives easy access to your cars.

CRXguy
02-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
i wouldn't blame the NE on your problems. I'd say blame your condo for having the poor security it has and allowing these theives easy access to your cars.

+1.

badatusrnames
02-15-2009, 01:03 PM
EDNG.

frozenrice
02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by sid_the_skid

umm no

Same about Cranston. WTF?

psycoticclown
02-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by sid_the_skid

umm no

:werd:

If Arbour Lake is in the NE, than Edgemont and Dalhousie and pretty much everything east of Royal Oak is in the NE meaning NW is 2 communities.

2.0turbo
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Not to say that the NE isn't riddled with want to be thugs and FOBs and their apparent killers :guns: but I did live in taradale for 5 years and saddleridge for 2 and never had one problem ever. I parked my pimped out cars infront of my house everyday. They were full of nice stereos other goodies. Maybe just lucky or something.

DRKM
02-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
Not to say that the NE isn't riddled with want to be thugs and FOBs and their apparent killers :guns: but I did live in taradale for 5 years and saddleridge for 2 and never had one problem ever. I parked my pimped out cars infront of my house everyday. They were full of nice stereos other goodies. Maybe just lucky or something.

I completly agree with you. I have been living in the NE for 8 years now and only on monday was my car broken into.

For three years I have parked my car on the street with the 12inch dvd screen in the dash and on monday it got stolen.
The fuckers ripped the hole center console out...

But this shit about the NE is fucked. There is nothing wrong with this area. There are far worse dumps in calgary. Look near shawnesy.