PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver - 9 people shot in 11 days

sofakingdom
02-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Sounds like things are getting a little out of hand in the west!

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Picture+shows+Bacons+partying+down+Mexico/1285406/story.html

Woops wrong link:

What's happening now -- nine people shot in 11 days in Metro Vancouver -- echoes events in the fall of 2007, when 10 people were shot dead during a month of gangland mayhem. It is also reminiscent of 2005, when a spate of targeted killings brought to 60 the body count of Indo-Canadian men.

http://www2.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=63f11c54-f209-4dca-bc92-8e24f1417c2d&p=1

Rocky
02-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Wild wild west indeed. Don't know what the attraction is, getting shot by ~23-25 seems like a waste of life to me...

Having one particular gang/group rise to prominence might actually be safer for the public as a whole; a little power balance (as mentioned in the article) would perhaps curb some of the struggles that end up in drivebys and whatever else.

chkolny541
02-14-2009, 12:54 PM
^werd, i dont really understand how people decide to get involved with it all

Canmorite
02-14-2009, 12:57 PM
So drug territory wars. Don't know what the attraction is? $ Plain and simple.

Until people stop using these substances there will always be someone willing to supply them.

Canucks3322
02-14-2009, 01:23 PM
The best part about all this is that it's White boys killing each other now...a lot of folks who always use this as an excuse to further their racist agendas against minorities and immigrants have nothing to say...

PS...agreed with Canmorite...BUT, people will always use drugs no matter what, everyone experiments growing up and there'll always be losers out there who never grow out of it...my view has always been either treat it like alcohol or tabacco, or go all out and give the death penalty like in Singapore...what we're currently doing obviously isn't working.

ZenOps
02-15-2009, 08:12 AM
No guts no glory.

True of many of the worlds would be conquerors, most of whom usually died by 35 as well. You can almost blame the British for this - I mean really by taking over Hong Kong for 99 years just with Opium without any real military force shows todays young drug dealers "the way". All of these upstarts are just Squad leaders instead of Generals, thats about the only difference.

Antonito
02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
The stupidest part about the Wests drug gangs is the high number of members that come from well off families. I don't condone gangland activity, but in the case of the desperately poor, I can at least understand the motivations. For these kids who drive around in their Moms BMW and want to do this stuff in order to prove their manhood, fuck them up the ass. I knew lots of these assholes in highschool, they really are the lowest of the low, and usually stupid as hell.

top_speed
02-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Antonito
The stupidest part about the Wests drug gangs is the high number of members that come from well off families. I don't condone gangland activity, but in the case of the desperately poor, I can at least understand the motivations. For these kids who drive around in their Moms BMW and want to do this stuff in order to prove their manhood, fuck them up the ass. I knew lots of these assholes in highschool, they really are the lowest of the low, and usually stupid as hell.

+1... fucking guidos

method
02-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
So drug territory wars. Don't know what the attraction is? $ Plain and simple.

Until people stop using these substances there will always be someone willing to supply them.

The end-user argument has been used by the US DEA for years and it hasn't accomplished anything.

Antonito
02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by method

The end-user argument has been used by the US DEA for years and it hasn't accomplished anything.

Well, it does increase the prices, so that there is even more competition amongst the people trying to sell :banghead:

method
02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Just send in robocop - he'll find the nuke!
http://erik.kwikk.de/pics/robocop.jpeg